Icewind Dale: EE - October 30th Release Date

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Trent Oster announced in a new twitter post that Icewind Dale: EE will be released on October 30th. I can't wait to see what changes the developer made.

Oh we also announced a launch date for IWDEE is Oct 30. That's right, just 10 more days to go.
More information.

Last edited:
Whaaat? Already? They just announced it!

I simply don't have time to play it yet. Maybe this Christmas or some such thing.

Too bad, it's the same day as Shin Megami Tensei IV comes out in Europe, and I've waited for that for more than a year =)

Hopefully IWD:EE will be less buggy on release than BGEE or BG2EE were.

That's bull Archangel pure and simple. Neither BGEE nor BG2EE were particularly buggy..

That's bull Archangel pure and simple. Neither BGEE nor BG2EE were particularly buggy.

Well... technically he didn't say they were. ;) But yeah, the bugs were mostly of the minor variety, although they did manage to break the immersion once or twice. That can be an issue for some people.

Technically I didn't say he did :biggrin:

I didn't expect this so soon. I'm going to wait for it though, I already got a game planned for November and I'm currently playing Fallout New Vegas (reducing the backlog).

That's bull Archangel pure and simple. Neither BGEE nor BG2EE were particularly buggy..
You must have been asleep at the time then lol. They were very buggy, at least BGEE was. For BG2EE I didn't follow closely but read people accusing Beamdog about releasing a buggy product like BGEE again.

I didn't say BGEE was unplayable or broken (except for those with intel chipsets) but it was very buggy. Check the patch lists if you still want to argue.

Very nice ! I´ll be buying this the very moment it´s availiable on steam for purchase (or for pre-purchase)

Still, my backlog of interesting games is starting to feel pretty heavy. I haven´t quite finished "Wasteland 2" yet, and I have only just tested "Jagged Alliance: Flashback"& "Wings! Remstered Edition". On top of that I had also hoped to replay the 2 first games in the series before starting "Dreamfall: Chapters". I guess it´s a good thing "Dead State" & "Maya" aren´t finished yet

So much to do...;)

All ready?

They have the process down it seems so when they get to Planescape it should only take a couple weeks hehe.

I wonder if it will be released on GOG (now that BGEE and BG2EE are) or just BeamDog. I'd much rather have it there (especially since they have the 30 day guarantee and I can see if it will run on my Surface Pro first)

Well, it looks like it will be:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster Oct 21
@DannyPaquette @GOGcom we will launch on Beamdog, GOG and Steam. The mobile versions should be very close as well.

Back
Top Bottom