Witcher 3 - About the upcoming Expansions @ GameSkinny

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GameSkinny reports that the combined size of the upcoming Witcher3 expansions will equal the size of the The Witcher 2:
In an interview with Gamereactor, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, the game director for Witcher 3, provided some insight on the upcoming expansion packs on the already massive RPG. The first expansion is about 10 hours, and the second one is 20 hours—so far. This can still change, as they add more content. To add some perspective to just how large these expansions will be, Tomaszkiewicz said the size of both combined will amount to the size of Witcher 2.

The first expansion, Hearts of Stone, is set to be released in October this year for $9.99. The Second expansion, Blood and Wine, is set to be released within the first 3 months of 2016 for $19.99. They can be purchased separately or part of the expansion pass for $24.99.

As far as paid DLC goes, fans are always a bit tentative. That being said, these massive expansions are said to be story heavy. Included will be brand new cutscenes, charachters, items and of course, Gwent cards. Tomaszkiewicz said the new stories will be emotional and feels like fans will be happy.

CD Projekt RED has been doing a great job as far as DLCs go. The free DLC packs that were available as the game was released were a definite crowd pleaser. They had a solid amount of quests and armot sets, all for free. It'll be interesting to see what they have in store as far as paid content goes. By the sounds of it, the expansion packs will be game changing and will definitely enhance your adventure.

More information.

Sounds great, but I do think they need to give the Redkit some priority and publicity. Getting a lively modding culture going will keep the game thriving for a long time.

Does he mean it only takes somewhat over 30 hours to complete Witcher 2? I seem to remember it taking me a lot more. Anyways, I guess it depends on how you play. But I don't really like these kinds of statements. They seem too hard to substantiate and are common tropes that big developers/publishers pull. I hope this doesn't mean CDProject Red are becoming that so fast.

Does he mean it only takes somewhat over 30 hours to complete Witcher 2?

I don't remember exactly how long it took me but I'm a pretty completionist player and I believe it was considerably less than 30 hours for me (Iorveth's path... I don't know if Roche is longer maybe?).
The Witcher 1 was over 50 hours for me but The Witcher 2 was refreshingly short and to the point. It's part of what made the game so great in my opinion.

Roche's path is shorter than Iorveth's. And I estimate that it took me about 35 to 40 hours to complete both.
There is some discussion on various forums if 10 (or 20) hour expansion means 10 (or 20) hours of content or of the main story. Time will tell...

Posting some noname sites that just copy stuff from others as source is in bad taste, IMO.

You do realize RPGWatch is a volunteer site... oh never mind.

Does he mean it only takes somewhat over 30 hours to complete Witcher 2? I seem to remember it taking me a lot more. Anyways, I guess it depends on how you play. But I don't really like these kinds of statements. They seem too hard to substantiate and are common tropes that big developers/publishers pull. I hope this doesn't mean CDProject Red are becoming that so fast.

I think they just mentioned this in an interview and the journalists conducting the interview decided to zoom in to that statement. This always happens and then people go on a rampage against the devs' PR. Not everything is a calculated statement meant to increase sales.

It took me around 40-50 hours, and I didn't do everything. I was quite surprised when I found out the third act was tiny in comparison to the first two.

Back
Top Bottom