Witcher 3 - Expansion Artwork and Gwent

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
At Gearnuke, Eye spotted this bit of information on the artwork for the upcoming two expansions for The Witcher 3.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s latest expansion is Hearts of Stone. It is currently planned for a release this October and will take atleast 10 hours of gameplay to finish.

In their financial report detailing the budget and sales of the game, CD Project Red also revealed the official artwork for the two expansions that will be released in the future. You can check out the artwork below.

Here is the official description of each of the expansion.

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass will cost you $25 and contains both of these expansions.
Also Dualshockers suggests that Gwent might become available as a stand-alone game, in case that would be something you like.

Secondly, asked if CD Projekt would ever release a stand-alone version of the in-game collectible card game Gwent, Currit mentioned that he’d pass that request to the development team, but then he teased that there are “good news” coming for those who love Gwent.
More information.

The Blood and Wine ‘artwork’ is from the ‘A Night to remember’ trailer. I remember thinking that the city might be Beauclair, capital of Toussaint, since the DLC itself had already been announced. Seems I was right, but it makes me wonder if we get another Novigrad in the DLC…that would be exceedingly cool, but I won’t get my hopes up. It might just appear in a cutscene, followed by some gameplay in a palace as in Vizima in Witcher III.

Still, it’s clear that CDPR envisages Toussaint as ‘late medieval France turned to 11’, as you can see in the ‘Mont St. Michel meets Avignon and Pierrefonds Castle’ look of the city.
Which in my mind is EXACTLY how to do fantasy France. None of that blueish Disney stuff…:mad:

And for the heck of it…

Back
Top Bottom