The Dwarves - Teams up with Blind Guardian

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The metal rock band Blind Guardian will be providing some of the music for The Dwarves and will also have a role in it according to the latest Kickstarter update.

Dwarves are tough – made from stone by their god Vraccas, they are rough warriors and skilled craftsmen. The love for all kinds of metal is in their blood and there is only one kind of music to complement the thunder of their sledgehammers and the clash of their battleaxes: METAL!

We are therefore happy to announce that "Blind Guardian" are going to become part of the game. Not only will a part of the original The Dwarves soundtrack by composer Benny Oschmann be reinterpreted by musicians of Blind Guardian, but there will also be a special quest involving Blind Guardian in the game. The band and Markus Heitz are cooperating with KING Art on ideas how to best blend this quest with the story and game world.

Julian and Marco jumped into a car in a cloak-and-dagger operation and payed Blind Guardian a visit:

The update also contains information on the development status and that they have been given several interviews (og which one wa to RPGWatch).

More information.

Hopefully they will do an in-game concert like they did for Sacred 2. That was awesome!

The best times of Blind Guardian are long past. Their new music (everything after "A night at the opera") is without real inspiration so I realy don't care. And the game did not catch me, nor spark a little interest in me and the books didn't catch me too.

We'll post a long interview made on site in Bremen, Germany, later this week. This game is much more interesting than it appeared at first glance, IMHO.

great news. Though I have to say Blind Guardian would also be a perfect fit for a Larian game (one of the less silly ones - like Divine Divinity).

The best times of Blind Guardian are long past. Their new music (everything after "A night at the opera") is without real inspiration so I realy don't care. And the game did not catch me, nor spark a little interest in me and the books didn't catch me too.

I think they lost touch after "Somewhere far beyond", but that is nearly 25 years now, so who cares?

They are Power Metal's Rolling Stones for one reason: Even if they are at their worst, they are still better than 99% of the rest (well, the 1% is UniSonic IMHO) and the only ones who could do this Fantasy thingy without sounding and looking totally silly.

Speaking of totally silly and sort of metal, someone should stick In Extremo in another game.

I'm sure people said the same thing about BG when they abandoned their original speed metal concept and moved more towards power and symphonic. From what I understand they took a step down from all the layering and orchestral flairs in their recent albums to make them more performable during live concerts when you can't really do post.

Back
Top Bottom