Drakensang - patch 1.02 & high-res texture pack released

Garrett

Watchdog
Radon Labs has released patch 1.02 for Drakensang. The 70MB Download improves the merchandise interface and also fixes a few issues regarding graphics, gameplay, logic, controls and balance. Check the official site for download links & mirrors.
Also, there's a huge 1.7GB File available, which improves the texture quality with high-res graphics. Unftly, there's no mirror yet, so you have to be patient when you want to download it...
More information.

That's what I'd call an improvement O_O

They've redone some dungeons, added in the patchfile (not in the texture pack) some new npc models, plus anti-aliasing and item comparison via info screen.

That's what I'd call an improvement O_O

They've redone some dungeons, added in the patchfile (not in the texture pack) some new npc models, plus anti-aliasing and item comparison via info screen.
probably in preparation for the International release (January). Thanks Germans for polishing it for me :)

Could be. But don't take this wrong. The game was well done. It was polished, stable and good enough for sale (in opposite to NWN2, Sacred 2 or Gothic 3). Not everything was state of the art and could have been done different / better, but that's something you can say for every title. What comes now is clearly an improvement of a stable platform.

I generally loathe turn-based with pause. I couldn't get past NWN2's Chapter 2 for a variety of reasons: unbearable NPCs, crappy combat, no challenge, basically a straight tunnel from the beginning to... where I got to at least. Even though I was only ~30% of the way through, it seemed like it took forever.

So, Avantenor, could you speak a little to the gameplay, or link to your comments somewhere else if you've already made them? After stating that NWN2 is the opposite of what I want to play, do you think I might still like Drakensang?

I think so, too.

There are still no formations and you can't use a character as blocker, because if your enemy targets the mage behind you're warriors he can walk through the line without a problem. The AI isn't really great, so you have to manage all of your characters. They only know attack (melee) and freeze. Even the mages.

After some time it works for the player, but it doesn't offer a special tactical experience. You also might feel unchallenged by most of the fights, it's quite easy for someone who knows to skill his characters.

Yes, that are my thoughts too.

The german community often demands a deeper tactical combat system. It isn´t really bad. It´s fast, simple to handle, offers alot of spells and special moves and it works very well to fight your way to the mountain top called Drakensang. But as Ava says, there is still place for improvement.

Not yet. But THQ announced the release for North America (Afair Q1 2009), Eidos will be the publisher for UK.

Radon Labs has released patch 1.02 for Drakensang. The 70MB Download improves the merchandise interface and also fixes a few issues regarding graphics, gameplay, logic, controls and balance. Check the official site for download links & mirrors.
Also, there's a huge 1.7GB File available, which improves the texture quality with high-res graphics. Unftly, there's no mirror yet, so you have to be patient when you want to download it...
More information.

Do these patch and text quality files work with the digital download/English version?

You don't need them. They are already included.

Ergo's mod may be worth a thought though.

Back
Top Bottom