RPGWatch - Himeko Sutori Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I had the chance to interview Nathaniel Ayer about his one man JRPG project on Kickstarter called Himeko Sutori. So give it a look, and help fund his game.

Couchpotato: What are your top five RPGs games you play while your not busy developing the game, or working?

Nathaniel Ayer: Let's see here. The most recent one I got into was Shadowrun Dragonfall because I loved Shadowrun years ago and I had heard that it was much truer to the original than previous Shadowrun games had been. Prior to that, Skyrim because I always loved TES' immersive settings. And D&D 4e, played over the internet with my college buddies via kind of a play-by-email. Now that we all have kids and live in different time zones, we found that asynchronous play was really the only way for us all to be involved. Mount and Blade, which I picked up for something like $5 on a recommendation from a friend, and it turned out to be the best entertainment per dollar I've ever spent. And Fallout Tactics, even though I know it's a violation of Fallout canon, I still loved customizing my individual soldiers. And who doesn't love rolling over one's enemies in an armored car full of heavy machine guns?
More information.

I wish the developer success as his game does intrigue me. As for the rest of you please give it a look, and comment as the developer is a member of the site.:)

Last edited:
This is my favorite interview yet, Couch! I really hope Nathaniel succeeds in his quest to make this game. It certainly sounds interesting and will be a breath of fresh air, and definitely something 'different'.

Good luck, Nathaniel! :)

Good luck with Himeko Sutori - sounds interesting to me.

I like how he tells people to not pirate games at the end. It sounds kind of awesome I am a a huge "Ogre" fan however, I prefer the smaller scale battles like in Let us Cling together. Wish him a very good luck with this though!

Another great interview you guys.

This part made me laugh: Civilization told me that Cindy Crawford and I had worked on the game), I was into games.

This usually isn't the type of game I would be interested in, but you make a pretty compelling pitch in the interview. Good characters and story are an important element in games, for me. Sounds like you're on the right track.

Good luck with the funding.

Thanks for another great interview Couch. Nice job.

Well it looks like the developer has decided to re-launch the game again.
Update: It looks like I'm probably not going to reach my funding goal, so I'm proposing a change of plans. I'd like to ask all of you to take a look at the video and read through my project description. Then if you think Himeko Sutori has potential, please back me for $1.00. I probably won't reach my funding goal that way, but it will help me out a lot for when I launch a new campaign, probably about a year from now. You'll be able to get updates from me, and I can notify you when there's more content and when I launch again, and your card will probably never even be charged. You can also received new updates on Himeko Sutori by subscribing to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZwhlCOnoINLHeLZjrQNbrw. Thank you everyone for your support!

Hi everyone. Sorry for the long silence. I hope at least some of you are getting updates on this thread. Thank you so much for your support and interest.

I'm just checking back in to let you know that development is still moving along and I hope to relaunch on Kickstarter soon. I'll be posting a big update here on RPG Watch soon, so keep your eyes open for it.

Back
Top Bottom