KoA: Reckoning - A Game You Should Play

I played it when it first came out; Personally I thought it was way over-rated and while not the worse game I've ever played there are many better games to be recommended.

Also it has several bugs near the end (clipping error and such - esp on the boss mob fights)

By the way vanilla game is too easy for my taste. So I had to use HeartCore Mod to make the game challenging.

Any idea where that mod can be found now? Every link I try for KoA mods seems to be dead.

There's also a FOV mod, but I can't find that either.

Any idea where that mod can be found now? Every link I try for KoA mods seems to be dead. There's also a FOV mod, but I can't find that either.

I'm with you. KoA is one of those games where maybe just a few more tweaks and I could see myself playing it all the way through.

A few months ago I spent a little time surfing the net and I did come across a 'widescreen' fix that let's you adjust the FoV.

But when I set that all up and ran KoA... when I activated the mod by pressing the "*" key (the default key to activate the MOD once KOA is running) caused KoA to simply stop running and return me to my desktop.

A little more research found that the widescreen mod is incompatible if you play KoA using the Origin client but perhaps works if you bought KoA through steam.

Another tidbit I came across in my research as the reason why there is so little mod info out there is that the SDK was never released which l guess modders need to do their mod thing.

So when you search anything KoA related there isn't a whole lot out there. Hopefully down the road maybe something will get released to modders so they can finish that game.

A little more research found that the widescreen mod is incompatible if you play KoA using the Origin client but perhaps works if you bought KoA through steam.

I'm downloading it through Origin as I type this. :(

I got KoA plus DLCs cheap from Amazon digital during the holidays, but unfortunately that didn't include a Steam key.

I'm downloading it through Origin as I type this. :(

I got KoA plus DLCs cheap from Amazon digital during the holidays, but unfortunately that didn't include a Steam key.

Well if you get that widescreen mod to work I'd be interested to hear how you did it. I'd also be intersted in just knowing if you have the same problem I did - KoA just stops and drops you to the desktop.

Any idea where that mod can be found now? Every link I try for KoA mods seems to be dead.

There's also a FOV mod, but I can't find that either.

Unfortunately only site that had stayed open (Amalur Foundry) seems dead now. I have the standalone mod. If you give me your e-mail I can send you the mod.

There's no need to install anything. You just have to start the game, load your save, then open this standalone mod. Then activate everything from top to bottom. (Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2…, Ctrl+6) But in order to activate Ctrl+7, first you have to change difficulty from Hard to Normal in the game, activate Ctrl+7, then change it back to Hard. That's it. You have to run this mod in the background while playing the game. But each time you run the game, you have to do these steps again.

But mod has some disadvantages. Some bosses are impossible to beat because of some regeneration of health. If that's the case deactivate the mod, kill it, activate again. Also you can't sneak kill some monsters. Instead after sneak attack they lie down motionless. But you can kill them easily in that position.

Otherwise this mod makes the game challenging and fun. You have to calculate your every move to avoid death.

A difficulty increasing mode would definitely help, although I'd be curious about exactly what any mod did to increase the challenge. One of the issues I remember was just that (unless I'm mistaken) there was no limitation on healing potion drinking, and healing potions were very plentiful. It seems like this would need to be addressed before any other challenges would be meaningful.

I really liked reckoning for awhile, but I also got tired of it pretty quickly. It seems like the sort of game that is worth trying out to see if you like it at the very least.

fade, is there, instead of difficulty chaser mod, a grind removing mod so practically you don't level up quickly on default mobextermination?

A difficulty increasing mode would definitely help, although I'd be curious about exactly what any mod did to increase the challenge. One of the issues I remember was just that (unless I'm mistaken) there was no limitation on healing potion drinking, and healing potions were very plentiful. It seems like this would need to be addressed before any other challenges would be meaningful.

I really liked reckoning for awhile, but I also got tired of it pretty quickly. It seems like the sort of game that is worth trying out to see if you like it at the very least.

If I remember right game has cooldown times for potions, so you can't drink potions one after another. And this cooldown time really matters when a monster can easily kill you with two blows (in HeartCore Mod of course)

fade, is there, instead of difficulty chaser mod, a grind removing mod so practically you don't level up quickly on default mobextermination?

Difficulty mode also decrease the exp point you receive from killing things. So you can't level easily. This removes the overpowering issue in the vanilla game. After 50 hours of playtime I was still in Level 12.

@Gokyabgu & fadedc - According to the readme file, the mod simply reduces the effectiveness of potions by 50%.

Pretty much all of the changes in the mod are simply % adjustments. Health, damage, mana costs, etc.

@Warmark - Does that mod actually let you adjust the FOV though? It looks like it's just a widescreen fix.

If only 38 Studios would have lasted a little longer... they were planning a patch for the PC version that added new camera views as well as a new difficulty level. Glad to see some of these user mods out there can enhance the game though.

This is what I use and it works great in Steam or Origin, just select which one you want in the control panel

This is what I love at the Watch. I missed the cog you can click on to select the service you are using (steam, orgin etc.).

The default is Steam so when I first tried this KoA would just quit.

But with KOA set AND Origin set as the service, it works great. This is really awesome and inspires me to continue playing. I can actually see the world now.

This is what I love at the Watch. I missed the cog you can click on to select the service you are using (steam, orgin etc.).

The default is Steam so when I first tried this KoA would just quit.

But with KOA set AND Origin set as the service, it works great. This is really awesome and inspires me to continue playing. I can actually see the world now.

Glad it's working for you, it brought the game to life for me.

Hi fellows,

Nice to read some good feedback on KoA: Reckoning here. Way back then I made that little HeartCore Mod (or actually the YSA mod, a little updated version). I had written down excessive and structured documentation for it, but it all did vanish with them just switching off their forum. I am still too deeply p**ed to retackle the project again, but indeed despite of the already described glitches here it should work out really well. It is/was also highly customizable. Doing it was quite an adventure as mots it is written in assembler code, injected via the CheatEngine program.

Let me see if I can find you an old backuplink for the YSA version...

Back
Top Bottom