Fable 2 - Rushed and Flawed

The only bugs I remember were some graphical glitches going in and out of the menus (another reason to hate the menus).

Overall I think they were going for a bit of a Sims vibe, but the story was too short for you to get into all that. Once it was done with the story I just put it down. Being artificially locked out of certain areas (the big castle, for instance) was annoyingas well. I never did get around to getting in the castle.

But again, I had a lot of fun with it.

The only bugs I remember were some graphical glitches going in and out of the menus (another reason to hate the menus).

There were some serious scripting (apparently) flaws involving your in-game family. Both my daughter and I ran into those and my daughter couldn't complete the game because of one.

Did it ever happen that anything by Peter Molyneux, was ever anything but Rushed and Flawed ?

I'll always have a soft spot for both Dungeon Keeper and Populous, so I cant be too rough on Peter. I liked the Fable games too (what Ive seen of F2 so far, havent finished it).

I think he has good ideas, gets excited at the prospects (on paper) of his upcoming game, and cant help but start blabbing. Plus he's trying to sell the thing. Then, crunch time comes (as the article illustrates once again) and the reality hits - they just cant get in everything they wanted to. They run out of time and/or money and it's… DOH!

So what, dont buy it then if you cant stomach the fact he didnt fit some feature in you were dying to see. Hell knows there's enough previews, reviews, and people picking apart every aspect of the game going down their checklists.

Still, when the rubber hits the road, he makes quality games in my opinion. I'd rather have someone shoot a little higher than he can actually go and fail then just aim for same old same old mediocrity. I can respect that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom