Neverwinter - Campaign System Plans

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new update on the Neverwinter website has details on a new campaign system being developed for release later this summer.

When we revealed the new content expansion Module, Fury of the Feywild, we revealed more details about Malabog Castle, an upcoming dungeon delve, and the Module's development in our dev blog. We're also ready to unveil new details about the Campaign System, a new meta-quest feature that allows players to unlock three distinct regions of Sharandar as you progress in Neverwinter.

Once Fury of the Feywild is live in Summer 2013, Sergeant Knox will advise players to travel to the new adventure zone of Sharandar where a new quest line will be introduced as well as the Campaign System. The system itself will be a new UI (user interface) window similar to the Queue or Professions window. In it, players will find Projects that they must complete in order to unlock Sharandar's other neighborhoods, the new Malabog Castle dungeon delve, and new passive powers for their characters.

How do players complete Projects and progress? The Sharandar zone itself will have many repeatable quests that give rewards which players will use in the Campaign System window. Also, players can complete solo instances and the five-man Malabog Castle to speed up progression within the Campaign System. Malabog Castle is unlocked via an early (and relatively quick) Campaign System Project before players are able to enter it. For solo instances, players can acquire a one-time use key that they can acquire while doing repeatable quests in the zone or purchase in game with a new currency that comes from the adventure zone.
More information.

Last edited:
Right...
Of course you'll still have to buy keys or boxes to win.

It's not as bad as you all are making it out to be. It' a MMORPG you can solo most of the time. It's free to play, and I've got a level 22 character and a bunch of alts, and haven't spent a dime of real money. It's a fun diversion, and unless you are ADD you can play at a decent pace, have fun and not spend cash.

You can't "win" any mmorpg, by the way.

Look, they can preach whatever they want.
But if those boxes were so awsome, they would have put them as the main news. And not trying to hide like snake does with it's legs.

And I have highlevel char on STO. And I've payed some cash in STO (not on boxes). Does that mean I shouldn't say that boxes there are scandalous?

If there is nothing in those boxes that is required to get past areas of the game then what does it matter if they are there. Having things in the item mall that people want to buy is why these games are free to play.

PS. I hate pvp but I guess if there is something in the item mall that would give a "significant" advantage over someone who doesn't buy then there would be a problem but from what I have seen there isn't anything like that in this game.

the bottom line for me is the UI is wonky and the controls are terrible, not to mention everything felt uninspired. Since there is such a huge field to select from, i quickly dismissed this game.

I wanted to like it, but I'm feeling sort of the same way.
For me, the no zoom thing is very hard to overcome.
In this day and age, I need to be able to play an MMO RPG at the view distance and angle I want to play it.
That's like basic stuff, and if the game cannot provide that it's sorely lacking

I still don't understand this game. They made a D&D online game and appear to be marketing it to Pen & Paper RPG'ers (Which I am one) but then made it an action MMO and left out pretty much anything D&D related especially combat.

If it were turn based and fully or mostly based on D&D rule with tactical turn based combat I would have been all over it.

Back
Top Bottom