Blackguards - Video Guide 1: Character Class Selection

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Deadelic Entertainment will provide a series of video guides for Blackguards over the next weeks, starting with this first video covering character class selection.

More information.

This looks like fun :)
(Eador has somewhat failed to grab me so really looking forward to start on this one…)

P.S. Personally I would not have minded if it was a bit less flashy and bloomy but I'll manage ;)

This looks like fun :)
(Eador has somewhat failed to grab me so really looking forward to start on this one…)

I've been playing Eador the last few days, and I'm having the same experience. :)

It started out seeming like it was going to great, but the snail's pace of the gameplay is putting me to sleep.

I agree about Blackguards. I wasn't interested at first, but I'm getting real close to pulling the trigger now.

Already bought it in the Steam sale. Been quite a while since I've played a decent SRPG (or any sort at that).

Its the grindyness and repetitiveness that get me on Eador. I am not uninstalling it or anything and I may pick it up for a while at some point in the future. But for now I am really thinking I may try to squeeze Memoria before Blackguards instead of keep slogging there...

But for now I am really thinking I may try to squeeze Memoria before Blackguards instead of keep slogging there…

Have you already played played Chains of Satinav? I just purchased those games at the recent GOG sale. I'm not a big fan of that genre, but they look like something I might be able to get into.

Yep, Both me and the sis (who is a much more of an Adventure connoisseur) liked it. I found it a bit easy with some more opaque points (she found it reasonable for todays standards so I'd go with her assessment ;) ). The story was young adult stuff but pleasantly so and with a slightly darker cast near the end. Very nice artwork and pleasant music.

All in all a pretty decent, enjoyable game (but the sister already says that Memoria is significantly better as expected).

I was mostly drawn by the setting and art myself too. But did not regret it.

Already posted six days ago.;)

Here is the link with more responses on the video.

Link- http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22912

Daedalic Entertainment also sent a press release with more information.

Blackguards: Video Guides Released

Hamburg, January 16th, 2014. In the course of the next weeks, Daedalic Entertainment will release a series of video guides on their Facebook page (www.facebook.com/daedalic) which will show new players the ropes of the pretty complex set of rules silently running in the background of Aventuria's world.

The Dark Eye is Europe's most successful Pen & Paper system and is constantly expanded since its first appearance 30 years ago. For Blackguards, this world not only provides the continent of Aventuria and an environment with depth to it; Daedalic's developers also faced challenges in form of a complex set of rules: those needed to be implemented as true to the original as possible, yet still kept simple enough to be welcoming for players completely new to the Dark Eye's world.

The Dark Eye's rules are particularly recognizable when it comes to Blackguards' level-up system and character development. Instead of classic level-ups, each battle rewards Adventure Points that can be spent to increase attributes like agility or courage, but also various spells or skills at any time. This way, developing a custom character from the base-classes becomes a very dynamic process. As Daedalic Entertainment recently announced, free character customization right from the beginning will also be implemented upon the game's release, due to the feedback during the Early Access phase.

I've been playing Eador the last few days, and I'm having the same experience. :)

It started out seeming like it was going to great, but the snail's pace of the gameplay is putting me to sleep.

I agree about Blackguards. I wasn't interested at first, but I'm getting real close to pulling the trigger now.

I agree about EADOR-- great but Grindy slow. I as a beta tester on Blackguards. Loved it then. Will love it when released I think. Thank goodness for those videos

I can't wait for the final chapter. I heard rumors that it will be released on January 24th. Can anybody confirm this? And I still wait for further tutorial videos. I loved the first one and I want to see more "more detailed" videos.

Back
Top Bottom