The Witcher 2 - Patch 1.2 Released

Oh my goodness. Can you possibly be any more arrogant?

Come on people, get a hold of yourself. You don't like the added items? Fine don't use them. Don't make such a big deal out of it and by all means please try to remember that you are not, I repeat, NOT friggin gaming gods whose sole purpose it is to deem what other players should or shouldn't get/use in their own singleplayer games. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

Hear hear.

Its the end of the world just because there are item dlc added by the patch that no one forces you to use.

You heard me its the end of pc gaming as we know it.:end: Does someone need a hug.:manhug:

:roll:

You know I shall reserve the right to be turned off by the lazy immersion breaker of
opening the inventory (on starting the game) and sorting through a whole wardrobe (of
formerly optional items) that Geralt happens to carry around in battle then dropping the
overpowered shit on the ground before I can continue. Lovely way to start the game
(and one which highlights are atmosphere and immersion) in character.

If thats ok with the smart-asses here :[

But you are right this is not such a big deal as it is thankfully doable outside the game
it seems.

The actual problem seems to be that they (CDPR) seem to knee-jerk react to all the
whining kiddies clamoring for their missing DLCs and how hard the game is and
adjusting accordingly instead of rebalancing the game on the later chapters and adding
actual content (instead of worthless mmo/Fable like gimmics like hair styles :sarcasticclap:) Not to mention that they seem to create more (serious) bugs in their rush to cater to the aforementioned crowd (if the comments on the patches are to be believed).

I am a bit concerned about what kind of game I will actually find when I eventually install it as not installing the patches is not an option afaik. At least if they do not nerf the hard difficulty setting things will be ok I hope.

Why thank I love being a smart-ass though I was being more sarcastic than anything else.:p

So, now people are arrogant because they think something is not balanced and have the audacity to speak against including it from the beginning.

They have an informed opinion and dare to let it be known, and that makes them arrogant?

Wow.

-eh-

People get dlc content for Witcher 2 for free? And yet, people still complain?

If you don't like the actual dlc content, fine, then don't use it. If others are happy with it, why just let them be this?

As for adding hairstyles, many fans really to see Geralt have the same haircut as he had in Witcher 1, hence the dlc for this.

As for how hard the game is, I really can't comment, but I've seen many reviews stating the controls are horrible, the combat is not nearly responsive enough, and the UI is not as good as it was (is) in the first game. And bug-fixing always risk the creating of more bugs (in the game). That's exactly why Bioware and EA takes their time testing the patches before releasing them.

instead of rebalancing the game on the later chapters

That would be knee jerk reaction too. Geralt is an exceptional character in his universe and will only struggle toward accomplishing the exceptional.

Considering that Roche or Iorelth does not struggle to dispatch regular soldiers, impossible for Geralt to struggle on those kind of tasks.

I just tried a new game (part way through prologue) and I don't notice any improvement in the mouse/keyboard controls. I still attack the wrong person now and then, still have a problem with casting signs without a significant pause while in combat etc. Given that I am now used to the interface I don't notice any major improvement. The combat was a easier, but I think that's more because I'm now using strategies I worked out last time through (or they've made enemies weaker?). Playing on normal by the way. Had a quick look at the inventory - still disorganized. There is now a delete game "option" (i.e. press del when hovering over a save game entry), but its one game at a time, which is not that great if you have 1000 saved games - I always hate deleting games in the dir in case they are indexed in some small DB or some such.

The combat was a easier, but I think that's more because I'm now using strategies I worked out last time through (or they've made enemies weaker?).
Enemies feel easier to beat than on my first playthrough. But there is another side to it. I became careless so I died a few times for underestimating enemies now. :)

I believe it's because you've just like me improved your skills and now it only looks easier, but it's the same.

It might be "overpowered" equipment in that DLC, but on the other hand, there are all my equipment that i gathered in The Witcher 1? Did he sell it all? if so where are the money? did he spend it on whores? (probely) :D

:roll:
…instead of rebalancing the game on the later chapters and adding
actual content (instead of worthless mmo/Fable like gimmics like hair styles :sarcasticclap:) Not to mention that they seem to create more (serious) bugs in their rush to cater to the aforementioned crowd

How do you know they're not working on a more substantial DLC or an expansion? The game has only been out a short time so for the time being the DLC we see will be the kind that takes a short time to make. After a while that may change. Besides it's free and easily enough ignored if you don't want the new (and old TW1) hairstyles.

(if the comments on the patches are to be believed).

Who do you think is more likely to comment when a patch is released, people who the patch runs fine for or people who have problems? From my personal experience it works fine, but I don't think CDPR need thousands of people spamming up their comments with 'Works fine for me." "Yep works fine for me too." "Works great here" etc.

Also, the bulk of the complaints I have seen about the patch have to do with people not being able to install it probably due to having mods or otherwise tinkering with some game file. All they have to do is reinstall. It's a minor annoyance (the GOG version at least installs SLOW) but not the end of the world.

So, now people are arrogant because they think something is not balanced and have the audacity to speak against including it from the beginning.

They have an informed opinion and dare to let it be known, and that makes them arrogant?

Wow.
No, IMO you're arrogant when responding to the suggestion of just not using the added stuff you write:

First time players can hardly make an informed decision in this regard and it´s not really a kind of decision players should be making anyway. (snip)

No, IMO you're arrogant when responding to the suggestion of just not using the added stuff you write:

You're reading it wrong. First time players can't make the informed decision because they haven't played the game yet.

This goes for ALL first time players.

So, both DeepO and myself couldn't make an informed decision, since we didn't know the finer aspects of balance as first time players.

So, it's a fact - not an arrogant opinion.

How do you know they're not working on a more substantial DLC or an expansion? …

Where did I imply that I believe they do not ? Where did I also imply that its existence is a problem for me ? (I can indeed ignore it as easily as I did the sex cards in #1)

I was just noting their weird sense of priority and sloppy testing job (brought on by the rush to please everyone on secondary things imo).

Also, the bulk of the complaints I have seen about the patch have to do with people not being able to install it …

I was referring to people having their saves overwritten and experiencing crashes after the patch…

I too am usually very lucky with game stability, should I disregard the problems others seem to get because of that ?

Look, no need to be so defensive about CDPR. I like them too and believe they have
earned the benefit of the doubt with their (admittedly limited) track record up to now.
But I am noticing a short of panic on their latest responses. Perhaps they should just
prioritize, and try to focus on the essentials first (stability, performance, quest fixes,
another one that people keep asking is resolution support, inventory management as
they themselves are seemingly not 100% happy about it etc ) ?

my 2c anyway...

This is great news. I can now change Geralt's hairstyle! Oh, wait, it doesn't matter because myself and every other person in the 23 page long thread on Nvidia forums still can't play the game in 3D due to some buggered code in the Red engine. Way to prioritize CDPR!

I'm playing on nvidia card. Seen me complaining on the graphics? I doubt it. ;)

I think he means stereo 3D -

I have the set up but haven't tried it yet myself. Main reason was the suggestion to uninstall the 3D Vision drivers (which I did) to improve performance in certain areas (which it did, and my system is more than capable of high settings). Secondary reason: everyone says it's not working anyways. Stereo 3D is a gimmick you say? You would eat your words if you played Portal 2. :)

I agree with DArtagnan & others. FWIW, I have not played the game yet and I do not want a load of overpowered stuff in the beginning. Exactly how do I identify this guy, or which items are overpowered? Is there a neon sign with "overpowered DLC for sale here"? "Don't pick up or use the DLC items" doesn't really cut it, it is poorly thought out design (and if no one says anything to complain about it, mistakes like this will not be corrected - how exactly are CDPR supposed to operate without feedback?)

Its funny everyone says the dlc items are overpowered when you wont even be using them in the 2nd chapter. There are higher items available then.

Back
Top Bottom