The "I Just Bought" thread

Yeah - do make sure to double check. I bought two small identical Samsungs last year, and they came with different firmwares. The one with the outdated firmware lost its data, but has been solid since I flashed it.

Wanted to buy a 27'' monitor with 2560x1440 resolution. Read some benchmarks and realized that my GTX 660 won't run DA:I on it.

So I now bought an EVGA GTX 980 which will arrive just im time for my DA:I playthrough. Perhaps I'll buy the new monitor as well. It's christmas after all. ;)

The headphones I talked about earlier were shipped out to me. Looking at the Fedex site, they went from San Diego to Montreal in less than 2 hours and a half. That's blazingly fast! I will have them on Monday.

Wanted to buy a 27'' monitor with 2560x1440 resolution. Read some benchmarks and realized that my GTX 660 won't run DA:I on it.

So I now bought an EVGA GTX 980 which will arrive just im time for my DA:I playthrough. Perhaps I'll buy the new monitor as well. It's christmas after all. ;)

It's a PLS monitor which is Samsung's take on IPS, you did well in choosing this.

I got a Dell U2711 a few years ago and I've been really happy with my purchase, the variety of inputs is especially fantastic. We do not have the GPU horsepower for 4K as yet and might never really do, so I know it will still serve me for years to come.

Dell stuff is solid and reliable, but if you ever need parts or service forget it. Took me over 3 months to get a replacement battery for my Dell laptop and an update disk also took over 3 months to send. They are hopeless in their service dept.

I received the headphones today, but I didn't receive the amp/DAC yet. These babies badly need it, wow! The sound is good and very clear but pathetically low.

My friend had me listen to what a good pair of Grado headphones sound like with a proper DAC and it's fantastic! We're set to compare the two when we see each other next.

Even without my DAC/amp these sound absolutely phenomenal, I hear sounds in music tracks I'd never heard before.

They cool so fricckin' badass too

Mr.-Speakers-Side-1024x710.jpg

Even without my DAC/amp these sound absolutely phenomenal, I hear sounds in music tracks I'd never heard before.

They cool so fricckin' badass too

Mr.-Speakers-Side-1024x710.jpg
Great to see you enjoy the sound.

Just out of curiosity, are you following the Way of the Audiophile? In other words, will you be getting a 4 digit dollar aftermarket cable to go with your new toy ;).

I am thinking of getting the Sennheiser HD800 together with the appropriate Amp/DAC to match, which in total can get quite pricey but then again, you only live once, right? :)

Not too long ago I bought the Fiio X5 and the Westone W60 and I am very happy with them.

It's indeed like opening Pandora's box, I already see discussions of people saying unless you pay $3000 for a DAC you are throwing your money out of the window.

It's indeed like opening Pandora's box, I already see discussions of people saying unless you pay $3000 for a DAC you are throwing your money out of the window.
I appreciate good sound quality but I am far from being a hardcore audiophile so there is still some sanity left in me ;).

Besides, there comes a point where it becomes hard, if not impossible, to distinguish between objective measurable improvements and your brain playing tricks on you.

Did I mention I love dresses? I love dresses :)

I've had this mint dress for a long time but I've never worn it because something seemed to be missing. I just happen to buy a nice jade coloured hair band for myself as xmas pressie, and decided to match it up the dress. I've also bought a white ribbon to give more cute look for the dress and was pretty pleased with the result! :) Now I just need to be invited to a wedding to attend ;)

Attachments

• Mint dress1.jpg
    Mint dress1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Mint dress2.jpg
    Mint dress2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Mint dress3.jpg
    Mint dress3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 92
Speaking of audiophile, I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 and a Fiio E07K headphone amp. Entry-level audiophile stuff :)

I pair it with a beautifully restored Technis SL-BD20D turntable with Ortofon OM-10 cartridge and STY-10 needle. Entry level audiophile and sounds oh-so-great to my ears :)

I just bought The Witcher book series. :)

Ordered them in German translation as I've heard that it's better than the English one.

2j4ef4n.jpg

Mutant was the very first pen & paper RPG that I played, way back when, and I've finally purchased a copy of it, and its expansion Mutant 2, plus the followup "Nya Mutant" (New Mutant, also known as Mutant 2089). I've skimmed through the first game & Mutant 2089, and where the first Mutant still seem to hold up really well, even with modern game design in mind (it's not flawless, in fact it has some really serious flaws, but overall its foundation is solid), Mutant 2089 does not. It's not that 2089 is a bad game, but where the first game had a very 80's naivete, Mutant 2089 has a more early 90's (or very late 80's) hard edged feel, and there are just so many other games that does it better.

I just got my joystick to play the GOG versions of Xwing, Xwing vs. Tie Fighter, etc. It cost only $12, now I just need to wait for when GOG puts those games on sale :)

311131943736_4.jpg

I just got my joystick to play the GOG versions of Xwing, Xwing vs. Tie Fighter, etc. It cost only $12, now I just need to wait for when GOG puts those games on sale :)
Look at the top left corner of the picture in the post just above yours. We seem to have type of joystick. For $12, you made quite a good find (it's a decent enough mid-range joystick, nothing spectacular, but it works well enough).

Look at the top left corner of the picture in the post just above yours. We seem to have type of joystick. For $12, you made quite a good find (it's a decent enough mid-range joystick, nothing spectacular, but it works well enough).

Wow! what a coincidence. It was a funny story (sort of). Since GOG announced their release of the X-Wing games I started looking for a joystick. I had a Logitech Wingman something stored since forever, so first I took it and realized it used the obsolete joystick port that my computer doesn't have. Then I was looking for a cheap joystick and found that one in Amazon for $29.99, but with my Camel Camel Camel firefox extension I saw that it frequently was on sale so I waited... a couple of days later (I'm guessing because of increased demand from people like me) it went UP to $34.99, so I added an alert in slickdeals.net. A couple of months later it fired with a sale in ebay for a refurbished unit for $12, so I ordered it.

As you can see I'm a sucker for sales, so now waiting for the Xwing games to go on sale in GOG so I can use my joystick :)

I love CamelCamelCamel, soooo useful and it has saved me tons of money as I buy a lot from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom