Legend of Grimrock - GUI Overhaul

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Almost Human writes about changes to the GUI for Legend of Grimrock in their latest blog post. Head over for the full text and a couple of screens:
On the graphical side, the GUI is now unified to match all the other panels to get a proper consistency throughout the game. The GUI scales according to the resolution and stays proportionally the same size whatever the resolution is. The fonts used in the GUI (and anywhere in the game btw) are now actual true type fonts that stay sharp in any resolution. Functionality of the attack panels was changed to act more like basic inventory slots. Player can now put any item in each hand and attack or use them by clicking right mouse button. So now all the item slots in the game have a similar logic for left mouse click to pick item up and right mouse click to use item. On the inventory, when hovering mouse cursor over an item, a tool tip pops up. Same logic goes with all the items like basic scrolls and magic “recipe” scrolls. For the really old school players and for those who want an option to navigate the dungeons, we added the option to use the traditional direction arrows. And yes, those status bars are still work-in-progress.
More information.

very nice, i am relieved that the eye of the beholder / dungeon master style will re reborn!

Should be the other way around imo.

Why? Windows has taught us that left click = select [= pick up] and right click = interact via the context menu [= use].
I'd say that all of the other games where it is the other way around are actually doing it "wrong" ;) .

Why? Windows has taught us that left click = select [= pick up] and right click = interact via the context menu [= use].
I'd say that all of the other games where it is the other way around are actually doing it "wrong" ;) .

Well is this another version of Windows, or is it a game? :)

Game looks great. Real-time combat with 4 characters is a concern. Have to see how that works.

Game looks great. Real-time combat with 4 characters is a concern. Have to see how that works.

Probably the same as it did in all the other games that used this mechanic?

Probably the same as it did in all the other games that used this mechanic?

I have not played a party based game with real time combat. I would not have purchased a game like that in the past.

Out of curiosity what are some party based games with real time combat?

@Moriendor

since Norton Commander:

F3= Look
F4= Use
F6= Move
F8= Kill

:)

Just watched their beta video.. And I am seriously hooked now (day one buy)!
Only niggle: No dwarves :( They would have been a perfect fit…

I had ignored this for quite some time, right up until the last blog which showed the beta trailer. As soon as I started watching and realized what they were making......

It sounds like they've done a deal with Steam, so I would guess release will be sooner rather than later if it's at that stage.

@ sakichop I'd try Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2 if you've never played one like this, they're easy to get a hold of and run in dosbox.

Realtime combat is the best for me. Just looked at the trailer and liked the real time features (impact, projectiles, injury .. etc.). Adds another dimension to the fun. I don't know how this will work for companions though because they said in their FAQ (in response to co-op and multiplayer questions) that they are not doing full 3D models for other than monsters!

Back
Top Bottom