Elder Scrolls Online - Blacksmithing In Tamriel

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Zenimax Online has posted a video of how blacksmithing works in Elder Scrolls Online.

Crafting in The Elder Scrolls Online enhances your adventures. We follow the journey of a blacksmith, from exploring and gathering materials to creating a special piece of armor. Blacksmithing is just one of the many crafting skills available in ESO.
More information.

Watching a furry swinging the hammer for like five minutes does get a bit annoying.
But maybe you don't notice that when actually playing as you are focused on the UI.

IMHO, this game is doomed.

It's a shame it will end up likely having some sort of financial success based on name alone.. But in the end, when this dud goes F2P, then eventually dies off... Well.. This post may still be here so I can say I told ya's so! ;)

IMHO, this game is doomed.

It's a shame it will end up likely having some sort of financial success based on name alone.. But in the end, when this dud goes F2P, then eventually dies off… Well.. This post may still be here so I can say I told ya's so! ;)

Are you saying it going F2P eventually is going to be a surprise to anyone?

WoW will go F2P eventually.

I'll point back to this post when that happens.

I think it will happen a LOT sooner than WOW.. Or even Star wars.

In fact, it may even just go f2p with a shutdown not long after that.. That may be a bit extreme perhaps, but I was VERY much underwhelmed by the beta demos I played.

In fact, it may even just go f2p with a shutdown not long after that.. That may be a bit extreme perhaps, but I was VERY much underwhelmed by the beta demos I played.

A shutdown? Ok :)

Well, let's see if it shuts down soon after going F2P.

Haha, I can tell you don't seem convinced. Ok maybe it's a bit extreme like I said.. But it's going to go F2P FAST..

I'm curious.. Are you excited for the game? And if so, what is it you see about it that appeals to you?

I'm curious.. Are you excited for the game? And if so, what is it you see about it that appeals to you?

Yep, I'm excited about the game. Check out the other ESO threads - where I've gone into detail about why.

its gonna go so fast f2p like final fantasy online…

I don't think it will. I have heard that the pre orders and special editions have been selling real well. Also, ESO is starting to pick up a lot of positive previews now that the NDA is lifted. They will get a boat load of money at first, now the question is will they keep those players for more then a few months.

I am an old jaded MMO player and ESO has got me real excited. I have been let down by many MMO's the past few years but I think this will scratch that MMO itch.

A few examples of why I am excited. 150 hours of playing time to max lvl on average. Wish it was even longer but I can live with that. Exploration after lvl 10 is back in a MMO finally with a large world. Public dungeons, small caves and ruins anyone can go into and not instanced. A lot of character customization and can build the type of class you want.

Sounds good to me so sign me up and I know a lot of people from my old MMO days are going to buy this. Finally is rated M and need a sub so I am hoping a lot of pre teens stay away from the computer servers. Let them play on the console servers.

I played several of the beta weekends. It is fantastic if you like to solo and explore to complete achievements. Luckily, that's what I like.

I am really excited-- I ordered the Imperial edition.
But I love crafting and to make crafting fun It has to have a great visual impact with lots of different visual variety. I think they really nailed that also.
I am not excited about a sub, because I can maybe play 1 hour 3 days per week and some on the weekends. But at least it is not like the old days when I COULD play and I had 3-4 subs going all the time.
For me, I could explore forever and I never have hit max level so I dont think I will in ESO either. The content will last me forever probably.

While I am completely not convinced by ESO, I'm pretty convinced they can make it work with a fair f2p model. Might give it a try myself, when it happens.
To be honest, I think they expect that too, and will transition after early adopters pay off the development cost.

I played several of the beta weekends. It is fantastic if you like to solo and explore to complete achievements. Luckily, that's what I like.

ESO is an above average solo/casual focused game. It will just about justify the its box price and its monthly sub (£9 is cheap given that I spent nearly that amount for movie last night!) It won't suck you in for years like MMOs of yesteryears since it simply wasn't designed to have the right social hooks to do that. This can be a good thing or bad thing based on your play style! It seems its good thing for most people these days.

If you're into PvP - then I think it has the potential to be a very big deal for groups. It's designed around group warfare.

Also, we don't know enough about the adventure zones - but supposedly - they're like overland raid zones for people into that stuff.

That said, it's clear (and very, very nice) that they haven't designed it as a tiered gear grinder.

Since I'm beyond sick of that kind of "longevity" - that's fine by me. But it remains to be seen how they'll keep people playing after ~6 months.

People are underestimating the fact that this game is heading for consoles, where there is no World of Warcraft to compete with.

Well, it depends on how the audience responds to it. No guarentee it'll be a smash on consoles.

Also, I doubt WoW is a direct competitor to ESO. Very different in tone, gameplay and style.

Wildstar is the game that has to worry about WoW the most, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom