Gothic 3 Going to give Gothic 3 another try.

I read they no longer accept submissions for community patch 1.4. It should be close to release.

1.4 patch is out!!

Oh yeah, finally going to play Gothic 3 for real.:D

*edit* This is awesome! They fixed the "Make Poison" and "Master Thief" skills!!

Last edited:
Give us a link and we can post it on the news page.

None of these changes would make a huge difference for me, although they did upset balance a bit by giving Krush Irmak damage. It's a weapon needed for a quest that has the same damage as normal orc halberds, but with less strength requirement. In the original, the weapon was listed as having damage, but without actually damaging anyone you hit - now it's got regular damage, but with less requirement, so you can get the best weapon in the game a whole lot sooner.

I hope they reduced its damage at least, or you'll suddenly be able to run around with the allmighty orc halberd 1/3 into the game, instead of waiting for 400 strength.

I agree that a few of their changes seem questionable. They reduced the selling value of the "Spiked Cudgel" from 4000 gold pieces to a mere 150.

They claim it was a mistake that it sold for that much and that people were exploiting it. I can understand if they thought 4000 gold was too much to get for that weapon, but I think they were kind of extreme in lowering it all the way to 150.

Well, I also wanted to give it another try, but this thread is already giving me a headache... just to makes things clear? I am supposed to first install the last official patch and after that the community patch and after that it is time to read about a million tweaks and finally I can start playing?

Well, I also wanted to give it another try, but this thread is already giving me a headache... just to makes things clear? I am supposed to first install the last official patch and after that the community patch and after that it is time to read about a million tweaks and finally I can start playing?

Yes, that's basically it :biggrin: .
Seriously though, you can also just use the INI from the community patch. It is optimized for systems with 2GB RAM+. The community patch setup program will ask whether you want to use the INI file from the community patch or keep your old one. It will also make a backup copy of your original INI if you choose to replace it.
The other tweaks to the INI file are only needed if you absolutely want to squeeze the last little bit of visual quality out of the game (if you have a very high end system). Most of those tweaks are only making a pretty marginal difference though. Gothic 3 does look good enough even if you are "only" using the INI from the community patch. If anything is seriously bothering you then you can still start looking for a solution later on.
To get going, you just need the official 1.12 patch and the community patch (in that order, too). Allow the CP setup program to replace the original INI if you have at least 2GB RAM and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom