Mass Effect 4 - Editorial @ Unigamesity

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Unigamesity has posted another article this time about next Mass Effect , and asking if the Reapers will make a return again. Frankly I would perfer they don't what about you?

The reapers are definitely the core enemy faction of the Mass Effect series, they simply seek the destruction of everything and everyone. But it’s not that simple, in theory they seek to maintain a fragile balance between species. They believe that without the extinction cycles, the synthetics would completely annihilate all organic life and as a consequence, new species wouldn’t even have a chance to come to existence. The Mass Effect trilogy is set in the end of a cycle but for the first time there’s enough resistance. This generation of organics and synthetics has discovered all the secrets behind the reaper existence but it’s up to players to decide the final fate of the reaper race – destruction, control or synthesis. Any of these options result in a direct defeat and obliteration of the race as we once knew it. So the question arises, will the reapers return in Mass Effect 4? I would be more than glad to say no, they won’t come back, but unfortunately, there is a huge chance that these ancient aliens will be back regardless the timeline of the upcoming story. Let’s analyze the prequel and sequel cases.
More information.

I just want Mako to return.

Plot twist: you play a Reaper in form of the Mako.

I would like more political/criminal intrigues, than another super-big-machine-of-mass-destruction. In ME1 reapers were sth wow, in ME3 kinda boring >.<

I liked them in ME3 too.

Yey to manboobs. XD

Ehem. I mean, no to reapers, boobs or no boobs. I hope they are done for good.

Sovereign made them sound very interesting.After ME1,not so much.

I've always thought it might be cool to have a prequel trilogy as the Protheans. Maybe show how the history of the other races, including the humans, would have turned out differently if the Protheans had finished the crucible in time. It would give us a chance to learn more about Prothean society.

I've always thought it might be cool to have a prequel trilogy as the Protheans. Maybe show how the history of the other races, including the humans, would have turned out differently if the Protheans had finished the crucible in time. It would give us a chance to learn more about Prothean society.

(sniffs bait, swims away)

Even though people keep thinking ME 4 in terms of prequel or sequel, even without that, hard to conceive how the reapers could play a sizeable part in ME4.

The reapers only existed in MEs to stage the most exceptional hero a player could dream of playing.

Nobody in the universe history managed to figure out in time the threat of reapers before Cdt Sheppard and nobody was able to stop it.

To the most exceptional avatar ever, the most exceptional threat ever.

But exceptional only works until it turns common. Turning the reapers common? That is turning cdt Sheppard into a common exceptional hero, the one you find in so many videos.

Cdt Sheppard must remain an exceptional hero among exceptional heroes.

Back
Top Bottom