Raven's Cry

Alexandra Constandache is also procurator of the GmbH. Some years ago, I also had the impression, she and Hassinger are a couple, 'though this may have changed.

Last edited:
Finally some good news. One of the developers/publishers (Raidor) posted in a steam forums thread:
We are not they guys who do a lot of community management and big promises. And at the moment we are really busy. Beside this, if we record a video caprture and make it public - a lot of people will say "this is all fake, cut and postprocessed". We currently work on a Sneak Preview Beta version with 2-6 hours gameplay, which we will give to some magazine editors and also Bloggers. They will be allowed to make Let's Plays and make these public. We hope we can finish this version within the next few days. Or better said, we are testing the 20th version right now. The problem is, that Raven's Cry is the most complex game we ever did. Two Worlds II is a joke, compared with Raven's Cry. 372 acting roles, 90+ minutes cinematic cutscenes, Reputation system, Sea Fights, Ship Upgrades, Raven Skills, all RPG elements + economic system and hireable Crew Officers, open world … we get crazy with testing!
So … now I promised a lot. You will see what comes out. (btw: writing this and reading your comments before took me 15 minutes - have I done m job for today and can get back to test the game?) btw: it is 1.57 am over here in Germany. Until tomorrow morning the Dev Team is expecting the next bug report …

honestly said - we have been so busy with the game, that we even forgot to post a delay notice on Steam. And nobody of us looked in this forum. But we will keep your posts in mind and communicate a little bit more in the next days. But please note, that I will be very direct. I am not a community manager and I am since 35 years in the industry. I can of course handle critics, but I do really not need to sümed my time fighting with unpolite or offending users. I will not delete any postings, but I simply ignore all "TopWare is Bankrupt", "this game will be crap or never come out" and "TopWare is punishing the poor developers" postings.
♥♥

Edit: Actually he posted in a lot of threads.

Last edited:
Two Worlds II is a joke, compared with Raven's Cry.
Not sure if I'm on the same track.
Any endless respawns game is IMO a joke. Hopefully, the developer was comparing that "feature". :evilgrin:

open world
My only regret about this game (I preordered!) is it wasn't released 2 months ago to compete with DA:Bears. It has bugs, so what. Like DA3 was bugfree… Peh.

But please note, that I will be very direct. I am not a community manager
From me comes only one thing: respect!

Last edited:
The description looks interesting, but I have two questions:

1) Why is it more expensive that the Witcher 3?

2) Does it work with 32 bit systems (as the system requirements on their web site and Steam don't mention that)?

Thank you Morrandir for the list of replies from the developer as I was doubting this game would ever be released last year. I'm disappointed with some of the answers.

Last edited:
The description looks interesting, but I have two questions:

1) Why is it more expensive that the Witcher 3?

2) Does it work with 32 bit systems (as the system requirements on their web site and Steam don't mention that)?

Instead of developers' answer, my speculation:
1. Because when they grow up, they want to be EA and not CDpr
2. Hopefully it's 64bit systems only!

I'm passing these questions on Steam just to be sure.

EDIT:
Added a few of my own.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130/discussions/0/622954023418389715/

Last edited:
Reply from devs came!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130/discussions/0/622954023418389715/?tscn=1421251604

1. Will this game contain godlike endless respawning trashmobs that can't be killed permanently (Dragon Age: Bears) or we're looking into a game that is not grind2win (Gothic series)?

- there is no respawn. Everyone who is killed is dead for ever.

2. Why is it more expensive that the The Witcher 3 (also openworld, also mature theme, ETA on release May this year)?

- no idea. How should I answer this. I do not know anything about the pricing policy of CDP, but I think a good game which is complete (I mean not cut in parts and you need 10 DLCs to have the full game) is worth 50-60 USD / Euro.

3. Does it work with 32-bit systems (apparently system requirements on the web site and Steam don't mention that)?

- Raven's Cry supports 32 and 64 bit versions of WIndows 7, 8, 8.1

4. Any influence from SeaDogs and it's sequels? Not the horrible ground combat, but shipsailing and shipbattle superb mechanics with captain/crew ship skills?

- we played a lot of games and more or less all games we played have some influence. RC has sea battles, your ship has a crew, you can hire officers, there is cargo and amunition, the crew has moral values,you can change the flag, you can sink or enter other ships, repair, upgrade and equip your own.

5. Apart from unique videospots we saw, what about the general music in the game? Orchestrated or also more piratethemed singing crazy scores?

- the general Soundtrack of RC is - let's say - modern orchestral with some ethnic parts. Kind of cinematic score.
- at some locations you have musicians, bands or persons who sing, play instruments or perform songs. This can be in a tavern or brothel or also at the harbour, beach or on the street. Some of these are wellknown shanties and have a RC adapted text.

There are some more questions and comments there, seems, at least on Steam, I'm not alone as one of player added "About 1: I love it, I think this is a more realistic approach than stupid respawns. I also hope that without stupid respawans the bodies will not disappear before the camera." :D

how about a gameplay video lol, im tired of those devs and their bullshit

Tell that to devs who you're whatever.
I don't want petty misleadeing DA3 videos, I want a PC game.

I want a watch member's review. ;)

This game is very intriguing. Thanks for making this thread, I didn't know about it until now. It really sounds like a bold game that has some under-the-radar vibes to it. I hope it delivers!

This game is very intriguing. Thanks for making this thread, I didn't know about it until now. It really sounds like a bold game that has some under-the-radar vibes to it. I hope it delivers!
Well I covered the game plenty of times on the front-page. I also agree with you and hope it delivers after the change of developers, and multiple delays.^^

Maybe I'll review this one. Will have to take a break from Gothic 2 to do it, though. I'll definitely think about it.

Maybe I'll review this one. Will have to take a break from Gothic 2 to do it, though. I'll definitely think about it.
I look forward to reading your review if you do one Fluent. :thumbsup:

I emailed them, Couch. I might do a little Let's Play on YouTube, playing the first 5 hours of the game or so. Not sure I want to commit to a full review because I'm focused on my Gothic 2 Let's Play, but a few videos showcasing some of the early parts of the game might be pretty cool. :)

Raidor answered some more questions in Steam forums:

- Will you add more interactivity with the world? It seems there is nothing to do at the moment. Moreover will the world be livelier? Sometimes the NPCs stand still (e.g. the fruit salesman) or don't react to Christopher at all (e.g. when he bumped into the crowd at the gallows).

* some NPCs you can interact others just stand in your way.

- Is there an option to deactivate the motion blur effects, which are played when Chris swings his sword?

* yes. there are 10 levels of motion blur

- Will you add a free-sailing OPTION, you the fast travel removing the option of a free sailing is a bad move IMHO.

* there are parts where you have to sail free.

- Will there be a boarding option, where the protagonist would board the vessel and be fighting himself?

* yes. 2 times in the game.

- Have thought about adding a more realistic depiction of blood? Blood spurts are there but they are been overused and are too exaggerated in games. Why don't you add a blood system like the one used in Overgrowth.

* technically the system for the blood is in - but we need to adjust how intense it is used.

- Could you add a red line showing the course the ship had taken in the fast travel menu?
* there is a red doted line showing the way.

And there comes the first negative thing in this game:
motion blur.

Will someone explain generally to developers that this thing should be removed from videogames?
We're playing a game, not watching pr0n.

I just hope that besides 10 levels of it, I can disable it completely.

News.
The game is postponed again, because of Fluent! :D
Well partially. Devs will add some features suggested by preview version feedback, and the game should be released on friday:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/281130/announcements/detail/138818333202383568?insideModal=1
We need a few (this time really only 4) days more to implement some features wanted by the community.

Also what's new, DRM is changed to Steamworks with only optional activation at Topware with a separate serial #.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130/discussions/0/620703493332038969/
we decided to change the (if you still want to call it like this) DRM of the Raven's Cry Steam version.
Each game will receive a Serial Key and with this key you optional register the game. And activation or any other action is not required.

Good decision.

Back
Top Bottom