The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Update is live. Download is taking all kinds of forever, so plan ahead folks.

Updating as I type this. I'll drop in later today when I have some time.

Everything is so new ! And I'm sure they have added new items, too ! Lots of them !

- "made by Fairies armor of mighty sonic resistence" … made by Fairies ???
- exceptional mnemnonic (or whatever :lol: ) potion - "is concentrated so that it gives 650-800 instead of the normal 350-800 spell points"
- "knowledge +2" potion - I think this might be a wrong description, but its description window says that "it gives an alchemical bonus of +2 on intelligence" for a short time …
- got several items from a collector in the Lordsmarch Plaza for turning in a small globe … Among this was a tower shield of poison defense - gives special bonuses even against "magical poison" …

Edit : Found out 2 small things :

- Found via the DDO dforums : DDO is now on Steam : http://store.steampowered.com/app/206480/
- You can get 500 Turbine Points for a fresh and new sign-in ...

Last edited:
Reading a lot of complaints from people who did the free respec just to find out something else was phooched up and had to pay to respec again. Think I will hang on to the freebie for a while, see what shakes out in the end. Some stuff will be fixed I imagine and some we will have to work around until the next expansion pak. lol

PS: I rolled up a Druid to see how it plays....so far I like it, but I have a feeling they will change some stuff down the road. Might add this one to guild though and just keep on testing it. (NO her name is not Kerria!)

Reading a lot of complaints from people who did the free respec just to find out something else was phooched up and had to pay to respec again. Think I will hang on to the freebie for a while, see what shakes out in the end. Some stuff will be fixed I imagine and some we will have to work around until the next expansion pak. lol
I logged on just long enough to see that that my UI was completely screwed up and my character sheet on Phuury seemed to be unchanged. I'm not going to change anything until the character planner gets updated (I haven't checked yet). For whatever reason, I'm not obsessed with min/max in DDO like I usually am with my RPGs, so it won't be the end of the world if a respec doesn't quite pan out for me, but I do want to have a plan in place. Doesn't have to be a perfect plan, but a plan nonetheless. ;)
(NO her name is not Kerria!)
Lies, all lies. I know your account would reject any other name.

What about ... "K-Force" ? ;)

We've got two level 4 Druid running around in guild, CM and I ran Water Works. Even though we're running mostly whatever gear we've found, we're handling at level hards with no issues.

Swinging a scimitar or axe while in the middle of an entangle seems to be very effective early on. An Heightened Entangle should be effective at cutting down incoming damage later on as well, fairly cheaply.

How did you get to level 4 so quickly since you can't use Vet for a druid? I made a half-elf one on Cannith and did most of Korthos (except MP). Want to try a human one next to check out the difference. At level 2 I had to choose a Dilletante feat but had no idea about which so I took Cleric?? At this stage I'm just trying to get a 'feel' for the class.

Rogue wasn't offered from memory. I tried human today and being able to take Toughness and racial T helped give more HP's. Otherwise, not much difference between the 2. I just ran the K quests on both as I don't plan to spend much time with them on Cannith, I simply wanted to experiment a little.

You need to have 13 in the main attribute stat for the dilettante class to have it offered. Rogue probably uses dex so you need 13+ dex in your build for a rogue

We need to rethink when we TR guys. There's something terribly wrong with the traps on elite. I was going through the forums looking for bugs related to hirelings. (None reported - but they suck again) And found some people having serious problems with the low-level quest elite traps.

The DCs are much higher and the damage is much greater than before U14. The acid hallway in WW 3 is doing 75-80 pts a hit. Had reports of toons above lvl getting killed easily. Some people think it's a bug, a bunch of people saying it's about time. Me, I think we better wait and see if it's a bug. If so, I think we need to wait for fix. If not a bug, prospective rogue needs to be well geared before we go in.

Just sayin.....

Shroud run was fine last night, although I can verify that they didn't fix the transition crash problem. Of course, I had been thru my entire roster, and multiple times on some of the toons, prior to the crash so it might have been a rather extreme test. Everyone's excited about yellow dopant, the new juice for deconstructing green steel items.

Lots of strange new loot out there, reflecting the new AC and magic boost systems. Casters in particular are going to have to think about gear choices. The stuff still tears down nicely in the crafting house. ;)

I took a look at the epic destiny stuff. It looks fairly simple, actually. It really boils down to an extension of the enhancement system, using epic ranks instead of action points. It's a little more open in that the "enhancements" aren't limited by race or class (you can take anything you like), but the basic mechanics will be familiar.

Yep. Ran Rachail's first Epic in House P, The Snitch, today. Got a new Magecraft shield which was better than my old Steel Tower Shield, so at least I got an upgrade. Other than some frustrations with a wind gust trap, I had no issues, though the mobs took awhile to bring down. I ended up skipping much of the optionals.

Note, pick a destiny before running any epics. Otherwise, the xp you gain won't be applied to the destiny you pick! Rachail is now working on Legendary Dreadnaught.

I respecced my new pally build from KOTC to DOS after advise from Azraelck. Here is the first version.

I wonder about the sequence of feats. Is it better to get power attack earlier and greater two weapon fighting later?

My pally will most often fight with 2 lit II khopeses, but can swap to a shield and khopesh if armor class is more important.

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.12.01[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]Peter Stauffenberg DOS[/U][/B]
Level 20 Lawful Good Human Male
(20 Paladin) 
Hit Points: 402
Spell Points: 280 
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 26
Reflex: 18
Will: 15

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](36 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Strength             16                    24
Dexterity            14                    17
Constitution         16                    20
Intelligence          8                    11
Wisdom                8                    11
Charisma             16                    20[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Balance               4                    14
Bluff                 3                     5
Concentration         3                     9
Diplomacy             3                     5
Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
Haggle                3                     5
Heal                 -1                     0
Hide                  2                     3
Intimidate            3                     5
Jump                  3                    14
Listen               -1                     0
Move Silently         2                     3
Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
Perform               n/a                   n/a
Repair               -1                     0
Search               -1                     0
Spot                 -1                     0
Swim                  3                     7
Tumble                n/a                   n/a
Use Magic Device      5                    16
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Balance (+2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Use Magic Device (+2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Human Bonus) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Toughness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Armor Class Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Follower of the Sovereign Host[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Balance (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Use Magic Device (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Improved Recovery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Focus of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Balance (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Shield Mastery[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Courage of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=orchid]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]STR[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Jump (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Resistance of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Energy of the Templar I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Sacrifice I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Defender of Siberys I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Adaptability Constitution I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Resistance of Good II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Balance (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Jump (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Unyielding Sovereignty[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Defender of Siberys II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Greater Adaptability Strength I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Versatility I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Exalted Smite I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Resistance of Good III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Devotion I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Power Attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Defender of Siberys III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Exalted Smite II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=orchid]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]CHA[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Concentration (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Weapons of Good[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might IV[/COLOR]

Last edited:
You need to have 13 in the main attribute stat for the dilettante class to have it offered. Rogue probably uses dex so you need 13+ dex in your build for a rogue

You are most likely correct, but it would be pointless to give a druid a dex of 13 at the expense of other more important (to a druid) stats. As I don't fully understand Dilettante and none of the choices really appealed, added to the benefit of more HP with Toughness (for me), I'm leaning towards making my druid TR Human unless someone finds something which says a half-elf is clearly superior at this stage!!

Lots of bears, wolves and druids on Korthos Island !

One particular wolf had a ... falchion ? hanging on his side ... One bear I think had armor on his shoulders ?

Several people had a Druid Wolf plus a "cosmetic pet" wolf ... And I found out that any class can summon an Iron Defender by having a feat (which I decided to take for my Cleric anyway) plus 1 enhancement ... At least for a Drow Cleric ...

Harakadaram Signsearcher, my Drow Cleric, did Veteran Status I, but did all of the Korthos quests afterwards regardless.

Don't, you can get a scorrow summons at 6 I think. He's a cr10, lasts quite a while. As in lvls. You get it when you take advanced belief. I mean why waste a feat when you can get a pet with an enhancement? Besides you can only have one summon at a time and the scorrow much better than iron defender.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom