The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I think you went Spellsinger, like I did, but don't quote me on that. Currently, Virt I is less than useful, Virt II good for heal-specced Bards, Warchanter for melee Bards, and Spellsinger for caster Bards. It is the only class with real choices in which PrE to take. I'm tempted to respec, but I don't know what I'd go for, because tier 2 is good on all of them IMO.

Found out what's going on with the Paladin changes.

Knight of the Chalice extra damage no longer effects undead. Apparently, there was a bug. Minor issue, as it was obviously not working as intended, and is only something like 3d6 extra damage. Intimidate is added as a class skill; Paladins with points spent in Intimidate will have to LR to get the full benefit of their skill points.

i'm back, took long enough, just got new rig today and am downloading game as i type. going to be a while, but should be on tomorrow sometime.

Hope it downloads quickly and you make it today.

* Gust of Wind (Wizard/Sorcerer Level 2)
o Spell Point Cost: 15
o Target: Foe, Directional, Breakable
o Duration: 10 seconds
o Spell Resistance: No
o This spell creates a severe blast of air that originates from you and passes through all enemies in its path. Small or smaller enemies must make a Strength/Dexterity check or be knocked prone, Medium or smaller enemies are slowed by the winds, and Large or larger enemies are unaffected. The spell also clears away all lingering effects in its path, such as clouds and walls of fire.

(Wizard/Sorcerer Level 5)

* Cyclonic Blast
* Spell Point Cost: 30
* Target: Foe, Directional, Breakable
* Duration: 6 seconds
* Spell Resistance: No
* You send a twisting torrent of wind toward your enemies that deals 1 to 6 damage per caster level (up to a max of 90 damage at caster level 15) to targets in its path. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half. If the target fails its Reflex save, it must make a Strength/Dexterity check or be knocked prone. The spell also clears away all lingering effects in its path, such as clouds and walls of fire. D&D Dice: Deals 1d6 damage per caster level (max 15d6)."

Both look very nice, especially Cyclonic Blast.

The first sounds like the Wizzy farted!! :D The second could be quite useful, especially against Cloudkill.

Actually, both spells have the same effect; clearing away fog/cloud spells and WoF, as well as knocking critters down. Cyclonic Blast is just also an AoE damage effect as well. While this means Gust of Wind will be obsolete, both are still fairly good situational spells.

Well, I think the chest where we thought the Bloodstone was going to drop is not where it drops. I did, however, pull a Dusk Heart. 10% Concealment and 20hp. Not bad, and it's a trinket, so goes in a mostly unused slot.

Well, Palumak is easy to get to, so I'll keep running there to give it a try. Dusk Heart is nice to have though, basically a weak Blur. Since we rarely get Blur cast on us, that'll be a good 10% less damage taken. It also opens my bracers slot for something else, as I was using a +10hp item there.

Hey, I can cast blur, but no-one evr seems to want it!! :p

As a general rule, any sane melee will happily accept Blur, and any sane cleric will be happy to see the melees Blurred. While pugging with Murii, the first thing she does is blur the front line. The second, is Master's Touch a big weapon, and then Blur herself. Third is hit something. Hard. At level 5, I managed to save a squishy Rogue who liked to solo zerg twice, while pugging Gwylan's Stand (a level 7 quest mind you). I love being able to heal, and not having to worry about anyone else.

I soloed Wiz-King today with Rachail. I'm not sure why Peter thinks we can't handle it. There are several collapsing floors, which are what got me; the archers above kept firing, and kept me from hitting the second switch. I had to buy a store hireling, and order it to pull the switch.

I got 12kxp from this run, but there was a lot more to do. I didn't smash everything, or even explore everywhere or do all the optionals. I didn't get conquest bonus, and there were traps and tablets requiring high INT to access. In short, there is a lot to do there, and a solo player cannot do near about all of it. The lich himself was fun, having a cold aura which kept ticking off damage, and dispelling my resists at every chance. There the hireling came in handy, as I doubt my limited number of LoH could have sustained me.

Total reward: 12kxp, 1200pp, and favor with who-knows-what. Not much to speak of in terms of loot, but then I didn't get a lot of stuff, and I have notoriously bad luck with loot pulls.

My habit of never turning in collectibles has paid off.

After some googling, I found that you can convert some of the collectibles into some additional bonuses on your items. This includes +1 AC on armor or shield, +1 force damage per hit, or +1d4 Force damage on a critical hit.

You combine the item in question with the correct collectibles, and boom. Instant bonus. The penalty is you have to bind the weapon, meaning you cannot sell it, ever.

+1 Force Damage - 3 Luminescent Dust, 9 Fragarant Drowshoods + Weapon
+1d4 Force damage on Critical Hit - 6 Sparkling Dust, 12 Deadly Feverblanches + Weapon

My Falchion now has the +1d4 critical, which will give me a slight boost. None of my Paladin's other weapons are worth enough to bother, this one will likely be my main for some time.

Is there a list of the combos somewhere? That explains people selling those collectables in the trade chat windows. Dang, I had tons and just emptied out everyone's stuff.

These are done at the Stone of Change near the marketplace bank. Same place you crunch dragonshard frags. You have to bind the items in question first, by combining them with a number of Khyber (purple) fragments, then you can do the ritual.

There are others, later in the game such as Greensteel or Dragontouched, but that's raid stuff, and requires raid loot to do.

Binding/Attuning Ritual I:
Benefit: Binds / Attunes items so they no longer take permanent damage and can have rituals (Like the Adamantine Ritual placed on them) but it can no longer be traded.
** There is currently a bug where ML0 items require 400 Shards to Bind/Attune (400 = Lvl 20 item)
Materials: item requires (minimum level of item ^ 2) Khyber Dragonshard Fragments eg Level 12 item need 144 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments**

Adamantine Ritual I:
Benefit: This item has been tempered by a Stone of Change using the Adamantine Ritual. It has +5 Hardness and +10 Durability.
Further Adamantine Rituals will increase this item's Durability. (But require greater amounts of Adamantine Ore and Soul Gems)
Materials: 10 Adamantine Ore, 10 Soul Gem: Essence of Earth, 1 Attuned
These are done at

Equippable Item (Items bound like raid items still need the binding/Attune Ritual before upgrading here.

Adamantine Ritual II:
Benefit: This item has been tempered by a Stone of Change using the Adamantine Ritual. +5 to Durability.
Further Adamantine Rituals will increase this item's Durability. (But require greater amounts of Adamantine Ore and Soul Gems).
Materials: 15 Adamantine Ore, 20 Soul Gem: Essence of Earth, 1 Attuned Equippable Item (Items bound like raid items still need the binding/Attune Ritual before upgrading here.

Alchemical Armor Eldritch Ritual
Benefit: Grants armor a +1 alchemical bonus to AC.
Materials: Requires: Your armor, 5 Vials of Pure Water, and 15 Strings of Prayer Beads.

Alchemical Shield Eldritch Ritual
Benefit: Grants your shield a +1 alchemical bonus to AC.
Materials: Your shield, 6 Silver Flame Hymnals, and 2 Tomes: Prophecies of Khyber.

Force Damage Ritual
Benefit: Your weapon will do 1 point of force damage on each successful hit.
Materials: Your weapon, 3 Luminescent Dusts, and 9 Fragrant Drowshood mushrooms.

Force Critical Ritual
Benefit: Your weapon will do 1d4 points of force damage on each successful critical hit.
Materials: Your weapon, 6 Sparkling Dusts, and 12 Deadly Feverblanch mushrooms.

Resistance Ritual
Benefit: Your jewelry item will give you a +1 competence bonus to saves.
Materials: Your jewelry accessory, 4 Lightning-Split Soarwoods, and 22 Funerary Tokens.

Basic Stone of Change Conversion Recipes
100 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments : Flawed Siberys Dragonshard
10 Flawed Siberys DragonShards… : Imperfect Siberys Dragonshard
10 Imperfect Siberys DragonShards : Siberys Dragonshard

Trap the Soul Ingredients (extra info from Angelus_dead - read this link before wasting shards on the spell)
1000 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments : 10 Tiny Khyber Dragonshards (10 HD)
100 Tiny Khyber Dragonshards….. : 20 Small Khyber Dragonshards (20 HD)
20 Small Khyber Dragonshards….. : 8 Average Khyber Dragonshards (30 HD)
10 Small Khyber Dragonshards….. : 4 Average Khyber Dragonshards (30 HD)

Note, there may be more combinations; I pulled this from a thread posted in 2008.

Last edited:
Could you please explain that in English for people like me, especially the differences between the different shard types. How is a tiny different from an average when it comes to being used?

I bought a +5 metalline falchion of deception at the Deneith pawn shop since it was too good to let go and the item probably would have been gone in a few minutes.

Peterp sent it via DDO mail to Rachail so she can enjoy it. Price was 15k pp.

It will probably not be the primarly weapon against regular monsters since shock burst, holy burst etc. is usually better. But +5 metalline is great vs monsters you can only hit with adamantine, silver, byeshk etc. So having it as a backup will certainly help Rachail and the entire guild when questing.

Could you please explain that in English for people like me, especially the differences between the different shard types. How is a tiny different from an average when it comes to being used?

They can be used on tougher critters. HD = hit die, or the number of dice used to roll hit points. Higher HD = tougher critter. They are entirely for the Trap the Soul spell.

I have done the binding with my Blades of Inquisition on a couple toons. I figured that by the time I had a better weapon for generic undead (with ghost touch), the 800pp (IIRC) I'd get from selling it wouldn't really matter. It's an item that you can't purchase and that you use well past the level that you get it. There really aren't too many items like that in the game, particularly ones prone to getting damaged.

For most other gear, the limitations of having it bound to character outweighed the benefit of taking no perm damage, IMO. I think the worst perm damage on any item I've got across 4 toons is about 10% and the items that might be worth protecting are also worth (from a use and a money standpoint) "handing down".

Thanks for the info, at least I have been keeping those dragon shards all this time. Now to restock on the collectables for this. :)

Back
Top Bottom