Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
DSOGaming have spotted that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is coming to Steam. Or at least that is according to Steam’s registry. It was released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 a few years back.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is coming to the PC, so Konami must have decided to give us a very special treat by setting up us its predecessor on Steam.

Link-http://www.dsogaming.com/news/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-spotted-in-steams-registry/

Really I wouldn't be surprised as other games are being ported to the pc years later all of a sudden. I wonder if it will include all the dlc?

Oh and here is a video of the game released on the consoles.

Link-http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0y8F0dQM1DI

Looks good and will be looking forward to the original and sequal - scratches the Legacy of Kain itch!

Japanese titles seem to be coming to PC and Steam which is good. I am sure that they have seen the popularity of Dark Souls amongs PC gamers.

Another recent example is the cross-over that they are going to put for free between Left 4 Dead 2 and Resident Evil 6, which already unlocked all of the pre-order awards on Steam (which I assume if few tens if not hundred thousands of pre-orders).

To bad Capcom wont port Dragon's Dogma. The good news is the next consoles are basically pc's. There will be no excuse why developers can't develop for all three platforms.

I don't mind ports as long as there optimized and work.

I played LoS on the PS3 - its a bit God of War-ish but reasonably good fun if you like that type of game. Graphics weren't bad for the console, I'm sure they could be made much prettier for PC.

DLC was hard as nails, IIRC.

Is this more of a platform kinda game? Think I remember playing something with a name like this back on N-64 a looooonnnngggg time ago. Not really an rpg, but it was fun.

-Carn

If its Castlevania and not a side scroller, I'm not interested. At all.

Is this more of a platform kinda game? Think I remember playing something with a name like this back on N-64 a looooonnnngggg time ago. Not really an rpg, but it was fun.
-Carn

It's from Hideo Kojima who made metal gear. The N-64 version has no relevance to the reboot. The official classification is Action-adventure.

If its Castlevania and not a side scroller, I'm not interested. At all.

You need the 3DS Nintendo handheld then. You wont find them any other way unless you use an emulator on the older games.

I'll never be able to understand why someone could come up with a title like "Castlevania". It looks like a Chimera to me.

"Transsylvania" ? Yes
"Castle" ? Yes
Both combined ? Urgh

It sounds a bit to me as if I'd call a game "Nippondojo".

Looks like a typical console button-masher to me, but I figured some of you might be interested to know that the Steam version is official and the page is now up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234080/

I don't know if it is just a button masher as there seem to be vertical gameplay, but the environments and atmosphere reminds me of Legacy of Kain. I will be keeping an eye on this in addition the Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence PC port as well.

Could be interesting. The Castlevania series has such great games.

Steam has a playable demo now, so I gave it a try.

Can you believe this game doesn't even have keyboard and mouse support? You can use your keyboard, but it doesn't recognize a mouse at all. The game also wouldn't recognize my Logitech dual-analog gamepad.

I actually tried playing it for a few minutes with just the keyboard and…forget about it.

Apparently this game will only recognize controllers that use Xinput (i.e. Xbox 360 gamepad).

That's fucking ridiculous.

Steam has a playable demo now, so I gave it a try.

Can you believe this game doesn't even have keyboard and mouse support? You can use your keyboard, but it doesn't recognize a mouse at all. The game also wouldn't recognize my Logitech dual-analog gamepad.

I actually tried playing it for a few minutes with just the keyboard and…forget about it.

Apparently this game will only recognize controllers that use Xinput (i.e. Xbox 360 gamepad).

That's fucking ridiculous.
I just saw they had a demo. I'm beyond speechless when I found this out also. This reminds me of the first couple of Resident Evil games on the PC. There is no excuse nowadays for this even if the game is just a port.:wall:

Well I was able to get around the controller issue by using a program called x360ce that allows non-Xinput gamepads to be read as if they were using Xinput.

I finished the demo, but I'm still not sure what to think of the game to be honest. The demo is extremely short (about 20 minutes), and doesn't do a very good job of showing off the game.

I like the atmosphere though. I'm a fan of the gothic-horror type setting they use, and some of the gameplay videos I've seen looked far more impressive than what I saw in the demo.

I might get this…

I played this on the 360 some time back. The tutorial section and the opening level are not a good advert for the game, but when it properly opens up, it's an absolute joy. Definitely worth persevering with.

Played 10 minutes of the PC demo when it came out. You can use mouse and keyboard by selecting the controller type in the options menu and customise your keyboard (or unplugging your controller from the USB port - can't remember which).

The graphics and animations are very impressive, but what killed it for me and stopped me playing is that YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE CAMERA - its a joke. The game decides where the camera should be and fixes it there! This is unacceptable for me - its like playing the first Alone in the Dark with fixed camera perspective.

I didn't have any issues with the camera. Imo, this isn't a game where you need direct control over the camera, and I thought the auto-camera did a sufficient job.

I'm not sure why mouse & keyboard wouldn't work for me. I tried changing it in the options menu as well as unplugging my gamepad, but it just wouldn't recognize my mouse no matter what I did.

Not a big deal though. This isn't a game that I would want to play with K&M anyways.

I am sure there is some item in the options menu to allow you to choose mouse and keyboard as controller! I will try to check when I re-install the demo again.

The camera control is critical for me. When the character is away from the camera it is hard to judge the absolute position of the character to decide when to dodge and move to evade enemies or whether I am actually making contact with them.

Moreover, sometimes while I am pressing the buttons to dodge one way, the camera changes and results in me dodging the other way! very confusing for me!

Back
Top Bottom