Mass Effect 2 - Diary of the New Guy #1

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jay Watamaniuk pens his first Bioblog entry as a new writer for Mass Effect 2:
A few things have changed in the last week that have altered my life at BioWare pretty dramatically. I accepted a position as a writer on Mass Effect 2, which meant that after 8 years I no longer helm the stormy seas of community. I leave that to Mr. Priestly, who has far more aptitude and skill in this; proving his value since his days back in QA when he was basically doing his job now but not getting paid for it. I have no fear for community under his direction. He knows his business and he is passionate about doing right by the fans.
For me… I need to learn a completely new job at a company with which I have grown very comfortable. I need to see up close how games are made. In marketing, we work with the development teams to help tell fans about their work; to spread the message and to show off proudly the work the dev teams do. Marketing BioWare games – though complicated, as the games are complicated – is easy from the perspective that the product is of a world class quality; something that sets a standard. As a marketing guy, you need to ask little more than to feel good about the work you do.
More information.

Does anyone else find stories from within games companies more depressing than inspiring? Like this one:
Yeah, this guy used to work long hours for us at a thankless job where he took abuse all day from players. Oh, what? No, he wasn't paid for that. But the good news is that now he works long hours at a thankless job, AND he's getting some tiny remuneration as well. There's no overtime, natch, we all do it for the luv.

Response: Wow, he's so LUCKY! I would KILL to work for Bioware!

Back
Top Bottom