Diablo 3 - 50% Boost to Gold Reward

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Battle.net announces Blizzard is giving away a 50% boost to gold in honor of the games upcoming patch. So is anyone on-site still playing the game?

Our first major content update for Reaper of Souls is almost here! In preparation for patch 2.1.0 and the new content it brings—including Seasons, Greater Rifts, and the mysterious Vault—all players who log into Diablo III this weekend on Windows or Mac will receive a +50% bonus to Gold Find.
More information.

Does the gold transfer to Path of Exile? Oh wait...PoE doesn't use gold but rather a very excellent item currency system. Kind of makes D3's gold look archaic...

I started a new PoE character last night. Good and bad news: the new content is great and they have improved lots of graphical stuff...but desync is as bad as ever and lots of disconnects are happening. Ah, PoE...if only you had an offline option.

But anyway, I dislike these silly bonus events. They inevitably lead to disappoint when they end. Plus it seems like a bribe to play. The game should be good enough that I don't need some extra XP/gold incentive to play.

The game should be good enough that I don't need some extra XP/gold incentive to play.

So so so agree. Way more than a +1 on your post.

A bad time to judge PoE based on desync - lot of old players all returning at once for the update ;) I'm going to give it a couple weeks before I start my new character.

I'm occasionally progressing my LMK characters. Kyle is at 70 and can at least do torment level 1, Lilyana is at 49, and Mistral at 4. It's a fun game to play when you're sick at home and can't sleep (not that that has happened very often).

Last edited:
Well, I'm still enjoying it on occasion - but I'm not going to play it seriously unless they wise up and fix the trading aspect of the game.

Unfortunately, they're not likely to do that in the way I prefer - so it'll have to make do with being my go-to action RPG.

It's still the best on the market, though - which is kinda sad when you think about it.

Well it's sad if one prefers better production values over gameplay, but honestly most action RPG gameplay is pretty repetitive.

I think he means D3 has better gameplay. And I agree. The combat just feels great in D3. Not so much in PoE. It's wonky and clunky. D3 plenty of other shortcomings. Gameplay is certainly not one.

Huh? Diablo 3 gameplay is click click click. Not really much there. Except that the better you are at rapid fire and accurate clicking, the better you do… It's much more important to get better gear.

Compare this to the action combat of Batman: Arkham City, and it pales by comparison. Batman requires more skill, and not luck of the drop, to do better.

However, re. diablo-like action-RPGs, there isn't much new out there besides PoE and D3, right? That's the issue, if you are looking for better action RPGs. No market.

Huh? Diablo 3 gameplay is click click click. Not really much there. Except that the better you are at rapid fire and accurate clicking, the better you do… It's much more important to get better gear.

Compare this to the action combat of Batman: Arkham City, and it pales by comparison. Batman requires more skill, and not luck of the drop, to do better.

However, re. diablo-like action-RPGs, there isn't much new out there besides PoE and D3, right? That's the issue, if you are looking for better action RPGs. No market.

Oh, I thought you were just comparing D3 with PoE.

Back
Top Bottom