Hard West - A Tactical Turn-based Western

I've been waiting a long time for an RPG set in the Old West. While this isn't exactly what I would have envisioned, it looks pretty good.

Squad-based combat, exploration, and stealth mechanics makes for a lot of potential. I'm going to wait and see what the next few updates reveal, but I think I'm going to back this.

The project is off to a really good start. Looks like they have a good chance of hitting the goal if they stay strong another couple days and get the usual surge towards the end.

My only real concern is that for $70K it seems the game would be very limited in scope.
They address that in their latest update. Basically the $70K isn't their entire budget and they will use funds they receive from the previous games as well as various potential investors.

my wife and I are always on the lookout for games we can play coop so I for one hope it's in. But joxer has a form of dyslexia that reads multiplayer as mmo and phone/tablet compatible as casual phon/tablet crap :D

Unfortunately this syndrome is based on past experience. So many projects start as one thing and then someone says. . "What if we could capture the app market too!" It's all downhill from there.
Instead of having a great experience on one platform, many platforms end up with a mediocre experience.

I've been waiting a long time for an RPG set in the Old West. While this isn't exactly what I would have envisioned, it looks pretty good.

Squad-based combat, exploration, and stealth mechanics makes for a lot of potential. I'm going to wait and see what the next few updates reveal, but I think I'm going to back this.

Hmm... maybe I missed it, but seems to me it's not 'squad-based', more like character vs. world, or did I miss it? If it's squad (party) based, will there be classes for different members in the party?

Hmm… maybe I missed it, but seems to me it's not 'squad-based', more like character vs. world, or did I miss it? If it's squad (party) based, will there be classes for different members in the party?

Near the top of the Kickstarter page…

In a nutshell, Hard West is a turn-based squad tactical with adventurous world exploration. Think X-Com combat with Heroes of Might and Magic world map.

Thank you all for your comments!

Made an update, just for you!

The last update made me less interested. I've already pledged and I won't withdraw my pledge, but to control as different character in every scenario? I was hoping for something close to sandbox gameplay were you get to control your own character. Jagged Alliance in with cowboys. If it's a linear game with different scenarios with different characters then it doesn't sound half s fun to me as the original pitch did.

As for "over the top" though, fine with me. I don't want a historical simulator.

Back
Top Bottom