The Witcher 2 - Prison Break Video

I didn't play it on easy just on hard so.. and it worked perfectly for every battle..
It was your use of the word 'rapid' that triggered all those reactions.
It applies to something like Diablo far better than it does in the Witcher (which, as far as combat is concerned, I think of it being almost a Diablo clone with a twist)
I know what you mean and I've seen so many criticisms against it that I have no intent to doubt that you know know what you're talking about.
But hey, I liked it! True.
The one thing I can blame it for is that it wasn't capable to satisfy enough people.

Also, yeah, hard was easy.
The Witcher has 3 difficulty settings:
1. Completely impossible to lose
2. Impossible to lose after chapter 1 unless you try hard enough
3. Easy

maybe get a mac mouse ( it only has one button :D )
Nah… they have two now + a scroll eh.. ball… but they hide it… are they ashamed?
I use them often enough.

Close!

It's a Razor contraption… Supposedly helpful when playing MMOs ;)

But it's taxing on me poor brain :(
Is it this one?
Damn!… That does look like a numeric keyboard!

(hey... it's also a mac mouse! There goes the one button...)

Seems realy interesting from the movies i've seen so far.

I have a realy bad habbit of being obnoxious to RPGs and do something weird instead of the obvious solution to the quest/problem in front of me, and i'm nearly always disapointed in seeing that i am normaly "forced" into doing something the game WANTS me to do and not what I want to do.

(dunno if i just made sense ?)

This game seems to have the potential to satisfy my urge to do the unthinkable and get away with it not ruining my chances of going forward, wich is in itself enough to get my attention and hopes up.

The Witcher EE is really easy.

I'm 3/4 of the way through it and have died twice on Normal difficulty level. Once was because some weird graphical glitch happened (only time it has happened) where the battle became a slideshow and I couldn't do anything. The other was the first boss battle (the Beast) which many others have complained about. Weirdly, I finished the first boss battle on the second try when my Aard spell stunned him on the first try and I then insta-killed him with the sword.

I'm loving the game, but it does have its issues. Repetitive combat is one of them. Having to run back and forth too much is another. Some quests are silly time-sinks of running back and forth. I think the sex feels tacked-on as an adolescent marketing gimmick for the most part as well. The story, graphics, design and voice acting are top-notch though, and I'm guessing and hoping the W2 is even better than the first.

"The Witcher 2 - Jailbreak Video"

Graphics are looking sweet! Gameplay is looking fun! Zoltran's hair is growing back! Triss is looking… fully clothed!?!? Oh well, I'll wait for it to be cheap on Steam.

< Just kidding! >

I don't know, The Witcher was a mediocre game at best in my opinion. Honestly, I had more fun rummaging around people's houses and the swamps then actually hearing the lackluster story unfold, not to mention the abysmal combat...

So I can't get too excited for this video. I suspect it's gonna be like TW1 were your stats don't really matter since everything eventually gets leveled up quickly anyway.

At best, maybe it'll be a straight up action game. Maybe a bit like Arkham Asylum which this kind of looked like.

Back
Top Bottom