Divinity II: FoV - Nov 5th for Europe, Canada, AU

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Lar has posted an update on the Dragon Knight Saga and Flames of Vengeance. Word is distribution agreements are in place for Europe, Canada and Australia but the US is still "up in the air". Lar goes on to imply digital distribution should be available for those in the US who can't wait for the retail release. I'm assuming the DKS and FoV releases are simultaneous, although that isn't entirely clear:
As you can notice from our limited presence here, we're in the rush to complete all versions. Many a late night have been spent on finalizing everything but it looks like we're getting there. So a quick update:

Yesterday we finished the English, French, German, Italian and Spanish Xbox360 versions and they are now at Microsoft for certification. That basically means that we can't find anything else anymore that needs to be fixed and Microsoft will now check if we overlooked something.

This weekend the hopefully final PC versions of DKS are being built and if final QA works out, we should be ready in time for a November 5th release. We've sorted out Pan-European distribution including Canada and Australia, but US distribution is still up in the air, so unfortunately we can't give you a US street date yet, but we'll make sure you can at least get the PC version via digital means.

Once we've built the DKS versions, we'll make all the FOV versions and then it will finally be done ! And we can take a break
smile.gif

To answer the X360 questions above - yesterday we did a presentation to a number of journalists switching between PC & X360 - one of the things we did was showing side by side comparisons of Ego Draconis and The Dragon Knight Saga. It's really quite a big difference. It's not only the camera, the textures, the shading and the lighting, it's also the gameplay and the UI that make for a big improvement. We're really pretty curious what you all will think of it when it comes out.
More information.

hmm, good news, although I have an unopened copy of the original sitting on my desk not played yet!

I am not sure if this has been made clear elsewhere - if you buy the Flames of Virtue add on, does it get you all the same stuff as the as the Dragon Knight combined version?

Ah, but Larian are looking into making a D2+FoV=DKS patch for those of us who bought the original D2 and aren't bothered about transferring our saves. I've not heard anything about it since, but I'm going to guess they're waiting until the FoV releases are sorted.

But yay, Nov. 5th! :D

So Im guessing its the same thing that happened with the original version as.We will have to wait 4 or 5 more months.Looks like no one wants to publish there games in the us.It seems to be the trend lately with european developer studios.

Looks like no one wants to publish there games in the us.It seems to be the trend lately with european developer studios.

I'm getting the same impression.

I "correct" it to :

"Looks like no one wants to publish there european games in the us."

That's nothing new. It has been like that for at least a decade.

That's nothing new. It has been like that for at least a decade.

Perhaps the publishers in the US are scared of competition for the holiday season.Its a shame since I enjoy the rpgs and rts games that come out.The company should just release the game digitally like lars said.In the end the company will get more money and not have to beg for a publisher in the US.

I find it interesting they have a deal for Canada, but not the US. We usually get same publisher as they do here in Canada.

Perhaps the publishers in the US are scared of competition for the holiday season.

No. I seriously doubt that theory.

I rather tend towards things like prejudice and that european and U.S. views on games might be considered as too different. Remember, "the industry" believes that the U.S. market prefers action games, whereas the european market prefers "brain games", to rather put it extremely.

If this was true, then it would make them (the üublishers) believe that a "typical european [brain game]" would have little or no chance against a HUGE market that is primarily action-focused.

But what i don't understand, on the other hand, is, why publishers still publish action-focused games here in Europe ... It's as if they either blieve that the action-orientation is kind of right (in a way), or that the U.S. dominance makes people play games from the action-focused u.S. regardles. Or, they might believe that the major group of targeted consuments prefers action based games, no matter in which country. Only, that in Europe the "brain-based" consuments group is still fairly big.

I just don't know - but I have the strong feeling as if this has something to do with the diffrent cultures - regarding gaming. Only, that this seems to me to be rather one-way : no EU games in US, but many US games in EU.

And this one-way (as I perceive it), looks to me just like some kind of "culture export" by the US, so to say, in this case regarding gaming.

Alrik Fassbauer I agree and sad thing about it is most rpgs I come to love are made in european market.It seems the market in the us wants to ruin the rpg genre by simplifying and making it appeal to a action audience.Its a shame when I post this question on the bioware boards Im labeled as a whiner and a hater.

Well hopefully the FOV+ED to DKS patch does come through - I dont have any savegames to break!

Larian didn't confirm they'll make such a patch. They only said they'll consider it.

I believe Lars said its up to the publishers if they want to release the patch.

Back
Top Bottom