Drakensang Blood Mountains

Option B: Help Praiots by killing witches
Pros: Access to melee trainer
You also get access to another quest which is about destroying the witch trees which reward you with a nice hammer.
You also get, for free, a great armor which is the equivalent of the long chain mail sold by the Praiot merchant in the camp but with only 2.5 enc instead of 4, if I remember well and a pretty good mage robe.

I still have to kill the "head witch" so there might still be more.

Also, you get access to a much more expanded inventory at the Quartermaster, and the two sets of armor as soon as you kill the first witch.

ok I took the witches but can't get the toad to follow me and I can't kill the priest so any clue now? I have re-talked to all the witches and totally cleared out the Priot camp, so this is the only witches approval I need yet

Not much information you give there.

I guess you want to save Knowall? You can talk the priest there into going without killing any frogs.

the problem is I failed talking the priest into letting him go I guess I do some re-loading

Hey all, I just finished helping the Praiots, or whatever they are. I thought I'd share what you get and what it's like for anyone who's interested

Destroying the witch tree gets you a nifty warhammer from Walina.
I got some great greaves that give you +1 agility I believe after I killed the first witch (though I'm not sure) I also got a nice chain shirt, that someone else here mentioned. As well, I got a Ray of Light robe that's pretty decent.
I got gauntlets that give +1 Dexterity after dealing with the head witch.
The quartermaster sells some really good stuff for warriors and such.
Really good fighter trainer.

Now for some of the annoying stuff-
The fight with Morla is easy, except I ran into an issue where even after I killed her, troll toads kept spawning endlessly, I died after about the 5th wave. Not sure if this is bugged or what. I eventually just lured her away from the lake and killed her.

The witch trees are really easy if you have some archers, but even after you destroy them in this manner, they still spawn the two nature spirits.

You can still kill the "fat firefly" even though you're already killed knowall. I don't know what happens to the meat you get...

All in all it was pretty fun being a huge bastard and ruining everyone's life in the Dark Forest lol. Not sure if this was harder and/or more rewarding then siding with the witches. Next play through I'll side with them.

the problem is I failed talking the priest into letting him go I guess I do some re-loading

You mustn't lie to the priest. Tell him that you are from the witch, and then choose the least aggressive response after that. Then quickly talk to and grab the frog, and avoid the ray of light people on your way back.

Last edited:
Ok thanks i really apreciate the help

@Thoth:

You wrote:

All in all it was pretty fun being a huge bastard and ruining everyone's life in the Dark Forest lol. Not sure if this was harder and/or more rewarding then siding with the witches. Next play through I'll side with them.

My reply to you:

You haven't reached the last witch, right ?

Because there's a twist ...

@Thoth:

My reply to you:

You haven't reached the last witch, right ?

Because there's a twist ...

Yeah, I reached her, I just didn't want to spoil too much. What she says to you after the fight is pretty funny in an evil sort of way :biggrin:

Yes, and in the "Aventurischen Boten", kind of a newspaper for the continent of Aventuria, there appeared an article asking what actually had happened. ;)
Because within this world, no-one knows for sure. Except the party, of course. ;)

You guys have made me curious enough to want to replay the Bloodmountain this time being on the Praiot's side.

Please may I request a little hint regarding the bit where you sneak around the
Castle, as to the whereabouts of a certain key that you need to free a certain prisoner..
Please - I'm struggling a bit with my stealth here - getting caught all the time.. :(

Please may I request a little hint regarding the bit where you sneak around the
Castle, as to the whereabouts of a certain key that you need to free a certain prisoner..
Please - I'm struggling a bit with my stealth here - getting caught all the time.. :(

Immediately when you get the whole stealth quest, you should see all those cultists by the altar. One of them has the key. Not sure how you're suppose to get it other then killing them. That's the room that leads to that chain winch or whatever they say it is. Personally, I tried to be stealthy maybe 3 tries before I simply failed it and went on a killing spree. I really don't get the stealth in this game...

Oh, my goodness.... :'(

I haven't failed a single quest so far, as i hate failing quests, and i tend to be a stubborn so-and-so.
Unfortunately, i might just give up with this one, as that character in the passages was catching me so often, that i am by now saving every 50 seconds or so...

Phex alone knows how the heck I'm going to sneak all the way up to those people, as they caught me once
on my way to the winch as well.
:(

Thanks for the info though - much appreciated.

For stealth quests:

All party members need the required amount of stealth for theses quests. May be you can dismiss those who don't and get them back later.
However, some of the stealth quests can also be solved by good timing (those where you have to avoid patrolling guards) instead of stealth.

For stealth quest:

In fact you don't necessary need sneak all time, the game isn't fully clear about this, and in fact it's change with the area design. The only way is to try to understand and reload when necessary. The point for this castle is that nobody trigger should trigger a trap, you or your opponents. But you can fight some isolate guards without to break the sneak quest. Also it's quite rare that you need use sneak.

In some other area than in the castle the sneak quest isn't to sneak but to manage guards patrols. And for that sneaking is too slow and won't work.

Regarding the stealth:

OMG - what a torture, but I finally made it!
Yes, I saw that ducking the patrol is the main trick, so I eventually (after many reloads) learnt the pattern, and exactly when to run, and when to sneak.
When I got back to that cultist's room, there was only the one cultist, so sneaking on him was much easier than I had anticipated, so I'm very grateful for all the tips, but especially the tip to go back there, Toth!

Regarding the stealth:

OMG - what a torture, but I finally made it!
Yes, I saw that ducking the patrol is the main trick, so I eventually (after many reloads) learnt the pattern, and exactly when to run, and when to sneak.
When I got back to that cultist's room, there was only the one cultist, so sneaking on him was much easier than I had anticipated, so I'm very grateful for all the tips, but especially the tip to go back there, Toth!

No problem. I'm curious to know what kind of a reward you actually get for going through all that.

Like I said, I just killed everyone. The "boss" wasn't that difficult so I don't really know what you would get from that whole quest except for some experience? It sucks though because know I have all these completed quests and one annoying failed :lol:

No problem. I'm curious to know what kind of a reward you actually get for going through all that.

Like I said, I just killed everyone. The "boss" wasn't that difficult so I don't really know what you would get from that whole quest except for some experience? It sucks though because know I have all these completed quests and one annoying failed :lol:
The difference is the end fight.
If you succeed with the sneak test, the end boss will be accompanied by three cultists. If you fail, there will be six cultists with axes and one with a crossbow.

Back
Top Bottom