Wasteland 2 - Game of the Year Awards

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile Entertainment latest Tumblr update has news on the various Game of the Year awards that Wasteland 2 received in the last few weeks. Here are the details.

As the year comes to a close, we look back to an amazing period for PC games and RPGs in particular. Given so many great titles came out this year, we were absolutely thrilled and humbled to hear that PCWorld has selected Wasteland 2 as their Game of the Year. It is gratifying to see the strong response from fans matched by the press, and it’s thrilling to close out this year being recognized among the best of what the gaming world had to offer!

PCWorld’s honors are joined by John “TotalBiscuit” Bain’s Best Thing to Come Out of Crowdfunding, Gamers Honest Truth’s Indie Award and an entry in Shacknews’ Games of the Year list.

Once again, our thanks go out to our backers and fans, without you this never would have been possible. And the book is not quite closed yet, we have high hopes for the future and plan to continue supporting Wasteland 2 beyond this year and into 2015. And with Torment: Tides of Numenera, computer RPG fans have much, much more to look forward to from us as well!
More information.

All well deserved rewards and I hope the game wins Game of the Year on our site. Now they just have to hurry up and get Torment finished by late 2015.

So any comments Sea as I know you lurk on our site.;)

Who is Sea?

The game sure deserved those rewards. Wastelands 2 gameplay was the one I enjoyed most this year but DAI ending was breathtaking.

DAI's ending was (too late?) giving Mass Effect fans what they deserved.
Sadly, the game is full of annoying filler and if majority believes the best of the best is a game full of grinding and not a game where annoyances are rare, so be it.

Wasteland 2 is fun, I admit. I'm currently on it, didn't finish it yet, wouldn't object if it gets goty here although I didn't put my vote on it (voted for two deliberately ignored and definetly underrated titles instead).

Who is Sea?

The game sure deserved those rewards. Wastelands 2 gameplay was the one I enjoyed most this year but DAI ending was breathtaking.

You must be new or not pay attention to RPG News. As he along with with Brother None from GameBanshee both work for inXile Entertainment.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/member.php?u=19687

Anyway the game is my pick this year as it brought me back to the early years of when I played my first Isometric RPG game on the PC in the 90's.

Did others get their CE editions yet?

I got mine last month and If I recall if you didnt recieve yours yet it might be due to a bad address in you ranger account on the games website.
This year was a great one for RPGs, I won't be too upset if you guys don't pick us. ;)
Thanks for the reply sea as I know we didn't always get along when I started as a news-editor on RPGWatch. Give my congratulations to the rest of your team.

Just tell them to make sure Torment doesn't get delayed again.:thumbsup:

Mine came in the mail today. I got the signed edition with all the medals and patches. Think I will play it when the next patch comes out this month. Think they are adding some content with this next patch.

Wasteland 2 definitely deserves the award for most overrated game of the year.

I'm really starting to doubt wether ppl that backed a project through kickstarter can be objective about the end result, and I'd really like to know if the journalists, that awarded and positively reviewed WL2, backed it.

I love the setting and genre of WL2 and yet it was the least engaging game ever, feeling less like a game and more like a chore.
It had horrible dialogue and yet got praised for it's great writing.

I really don't get it.

Well I don't agree with you but your entitled to your opinion. To me it' s one of the best games released last year with Original Sin. I understand others don't think so.:)

Wasteland 2 was good, but it's really too bad that I "burned out" on gaming as a whole only 20 hours into the game. And no, it wasn't W2's fault, it was the fact that I needed a change of pace in hobby-land, so I had to try something new. The game itself was good but I definitely need to re-play it later on and see more of it.

I liked how the skills worked and the character development. It really felt like you could craft a unique party with a lot of useful skills. After some hours, the ragtag band of Rangers really started to grow on me, even though I don't recall much dialog from the various party members (their tactics in battle and their stats "personality" still endeared me to them :) ).

Wasteland 2 was good, but it's really too bad that I "burned out" on gaming as a whole only 20 hours into the game. And no, it wasn't W2's fault,

Well you say that it wasn't WL2's fault but I also experienced general gaming burnout while playing WL2, and it went away after I stopped playing it.
And we're not the only ones to have experienced this.

I think it's because in WL2 the player has too little control over his succes in the game, a lot of it is decided by factors the player can't control or factors that are unknown to the player.

Why don't you write a book about it dr. Freud...

The game is huge and does not hand hold you. Of course it is going to be a problem for weaker mind :p

Back
Top Bottom