Pricewatch!

No import that I am aware of but I was okay with starting all over.

OTOH, I played the games when they came out, so it might be a tad annoying if you are playing them straight through. But I had a lot of fun with all three games.

So is the main character from 2 or 3 supposed to be different from the main character in 1?

Sorry, I don't remember. But I kinda recall that the stories from 2 & 3 are related plot wise, but I don't think it was a continuation of the protagonist. Regardless, it was a great trilogy. The games are short, but with Witcher 3 coming up and Pillars of Eternity staring at me from my desktop . . . . some short games can be a good thing.

I really loved the first game but wasn't as gripped by the second, I can't recall why. The third is on my wishlist however and I think this is the first time I've seen it discounted. It's a great price even if you already have the first two.

So is the main character from 2 or 3 supposed to be different from the main character in 1?
It's the same main character, but some (rather unconvincing, IIRC) fantastical reason is given for his regression to n00b again. I haven't played the third yet, but I imagine it is the same.

Edit:
Gamebanshee's review confirms:
"You're still playing the same character, technically, but thanks having your memory wiped in Book I to prevent your enemies from gleaning information about the mysterious Crux of Ages, you now have trouble remembering things, including any skills and spells you might have known, and so now you're back at Level 1."
http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/112060-eschalon-book-ii-review.html

Last edited:
They wrestled with that issue for quite a while. It ended up being decided that the time necessary to design two start points (experienced carryover toon versus newly created toon) would be better spent working on the core game. The "explanation" for your toon's reset is kinda lame, but I doubt anyone could do that much better, particularly since ultimately it doesn't matter to the core game.

Alpha Protocol on Humble for $1.25 (not that I've played it yet but I've seen it talked about here).

-kaos

For that small amount AP is definitely worth a gamble. I had a lot of fun with it.

I was quite pleased to see Alpha Protocol pop up, bought it since I only had the disks, I was just getting ready to re-install it after watch the Pillars of Eternity making of. Always thought it was pretty interesting. However, I bought it for 99 cents not $1.25

In celebration of PAC-MAN's 35th birthday, PAC-MAN Championship DX is on Steam for 75% off (which works out to ten quarters in the USA). The deal is around for another 36 hours. Amazon has the same deal but only for another couple of hours.

BundleStars reactivated a couple of bundles, for example one with
System Shock
Wizardry 6-8

and 2 UFO games.

The bundle with Drakensang, Desperados 3 and a couple of Indie RPGs is still on.

These days there is always a sale somewhere. I just buy games just before I play them, works fine

Back
Top Bottom