Fight The Dragon

SeonR

Traveler
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know about our game Fight The Dragon.

Final_Frame_3s_website.png

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/740762193/fight-the-dragon-a-mini-action-rpg-construction-ki

Fight The Dragon is a 3D Mini Action-RPG (MARPG) in which players journey on short form adventures, hacking and slashing their way through hordes of enemies in search of rare loot and shiny things.

At its core, Fight The Dragon is very much a hack-and-slash game, focusing on fun and exciting gameplay and responsive combat all based around short play sessions. 10-15 minute adventures in a non-linear format allows players to jump in for a quick fix or play multiple adventures over longer play sessions.

What sets Fight The Dragon apart is that it ships with a highly flexible in-game Adventure Construction Kit (ACK) that allows players to design, play and share their own adventures with other players on all platforms around the world.

The ACK is actually the same tool we use to build the shipping levels, so players will be able to create anything we can.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have here, thanks :)

We just posted our 3rd Kickstarter update - Beware, Enemies! A first look at some of the enemies we currently have in game and a video of how to manage them in the Adventure Construction Kit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-mini-action-rpg-construction-ki/posts/695576

We'd love to hear from anyone that has backed us. We'd also like to hear back from people that had a look, but didn't back us and why you didn't. It's a great learning experience for us.

Cheers :)

I think the tickets idea and dragon HP carrying over from attempt to attempt is an interesting idea. User created content is hit and miss but I like the idea of sending analytics to the creator, should help keep high quality from dedicated creators. Curious what, if any, kind of character progression there is? I saw a couple skills used in the video but was wondering how they're acquired/improved.

Hi greywolf00,

Players will have the ability to rate user generated adventures with a thumbs up/down and will have the ability to report adventures. We want to have the community manage the curation of user adventures as we feel that will result in the best overall outcome and quality.

With regards to player skill progression, all player abilities are tied to their loot, so different weapons will give access to different attacks and will require a change in combat tactics. Modifiers on loot will also give players different abilities.

Magic is tied to your currently equipped shield. So players will be able to collect and carry different shield types and switch them our during the game to allow for different magic tactics.

Fight The Dragon is very much a loot based hack'n slash, so tuning a players abilities will come down to careful selection and management of their equipped loot.

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom