Fable 2 - Telegraph's top game of 2008

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Other rpgs in the list include; Fallout 3 at number 2, Warhammer Online at 31, the entire list in easy text format at MCV.
UK newspaper The Daily Telegraph this weekend published its extensive 50 Best Games of 2008 list, and Microsoft and Lionhead’s Fable II was the paper’s pick of the bunch for standout titles over the last 12 months.

The hardcore centric list leads with two of the year’s biggest RPGs – with Bethesda’s Fallout 3 trailing Fable II by just one place.
More information.

Maybe not, but do you honestly think King's Bounty is a contester for any but the most niche GotY awards?

I thought Fable 2 was better then the first one but best game of the year it is not. How can such a shallow game where most of the interaction with npcs is by farting, belching, and dancing around be game of the year. The combat is also simplistic and the only redeming quality is that so far from what I have seen it has a better storyline then the first game.

The people who decided this must either be little kids or stopped maturing when they were kids.

Um actually the game is pretty good, beautiful art and although simplistic the interactions work good.

Lot of hate for a game many of you probably have not played.

Um actually the game is pretty good, beautiful art and although simplistic the interactions work good. Lot of hate for a game many of you probably have not played.

I think it has become 'hip and cool' to hate anything from Molyneux. The way he hypes his games he sorta begs for this attitude toward him by gamers.

Still, I'd like to think us gamers aren’t completely MTv-ified kool-aid drinkers and still consider each game based on its merits.

I think Fable 2 is a lot better than the first in the series and it's entertaining aside from the notion it's a shallow RPG (which I think it is). And it's a rare thing for sequels to be 'more entertaining' than their predecessors.

KB would definitely be a Sleeper GotY

Its the latest edition in the vein of
Puzzle Quest
Space Rangers 2
Seal of Evil
Gothic

for great games the mainstream missed, or Underdogs so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom