[Upcoming] Puzzle Quest

AFAIR there was aforum post in the official forum which had to be understood as "a PC version will come in the summer".
Maybe they´ve changed their strategy though. The game seems to be a surprising success on consoles. Console games have a higher average price point and more stable prices than PC games. So it´s possible they no longer have to quickly collect small money on as many platforms as possible and can instead concentrate on building the brand and prolonging the live cycle. A PC version in the bargain bin for 10 bucks after a few weeks could pose problems for such a strategy.

What I think is, that the PC version is long done, since I2 is mostly a PC developer and it was later ported for PSP/DS by other companies. My belief/misinformation comes from both this wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puzzle_quest and the fact that the game was announced for the start (then known as Warlords Champions) ages ago as PC and handheld platforms, as I believe that both the PSP and DS were still unavalable. Also in favour of this, is the fact that there are multiplayer and so on buttons in the PSP and DS version but there are not available (or I may be mistaken on this case). Still, word on I2's forums is that there has been quite a lot of testing of multiplayer going on (or has been) but the so far released versions don't support it.

Probably with the publishing contract and so on, not to mention that PQ is quite the success on the PSP and DS, the PC version went on hold for the time being.

Well, I think I've sucked everything out of the demo there is. I collected all the runes, picked up a companion and a mount, built every city upgrade, and captured the 2 neutral towns.

Bring on the full PC version!

Well, I think I've sucked everything out of the demo there is. I collected all the runes, picked up a companion and a mount, built every city upgrade, and captured the 2 neutral towns.

Bring on the full PC version!

You should have just kicked out the $150 for a DS and the game after all of this ... or $200 for the PSP and that version, then you would also have a MP3 & movie player as well.

Actually, I took a peek at the DS and PSP this weekend. I'm in for a new gaming platform of some sort in the near future. Don't know whether I'll get a new PC (most likely) or jump into consoles or even get crazy and go handheld. I just don't know if I'm willing to do a major portion of my gaming on a 3" screen. OTOH, the mobility would make it much easier to find a quiet room to hide in.

My WinXP install went smooth as silk. What sort of errors are you seeing, Alrik?

The .exe file is simply missing. apart from that, everything seems to be installed correctly. There is even a link towards the .exe file.

I have never seen such a thing. :confused:

Sounds like you need to do a fresh download. The link in this thread got me to a file that installed with a mere doubleclick. Definitely strange, though.

Actually, I took a peek at the DS and PSP this weekend. I'm in for a new gaming platform of some sort in the near future. Don't know whether I'll get a new PC (most likely) or jump into consoles or even get crazy and go handheld. I just don't know if I'm willing to do a major portion of my gaming on a 3" screen. OTOH, the mobility would make it much easier to find a quiet room to hide in.

Recommending a handheld based on a single game is a bit dicey (thread carry-over ... couldn't resist :) ) - I got a original GameBoy from my parents for work travel right when it was released, but it wasn't until the GBA that I started playing more than 'rarely' and not until after the GBA SP that I considered myself a 'handheld gamer' to any extent - and I've probably played more handheld games in the past month than in all 15 years between when I got the GB and DS.

You know you want to play Puzzle Quest when hiding from Genome soldiers.
No, I actually want to play Puzzle Quest when hiding from my children. ;)

Has anyone actually managed to craft a "godlike" item? As soon as I saw it required something like 30 anvils I just quit straight away.

Could someone send me the .EXE file of the demo, please ? It still won't get installed.

I believe it has something to to with the installer, after some examination in its temporary directory.

Back
Top Bottom