Crypt of the NecroDancer - A Roguelike Meets Rhythm Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new Indie RPG called Crypt of the NecroDancer combines dancing, and dungeon exploring.

“Crypt of the NecroDancer is a hardcore rhythm-based roguelike game. Can you survive this deadly dungeon of dance, slay the NecroDancer, and recapture your still beating heart? Or will you be a slave to the rhythm for all eternity? Players must move on the beat to navigate procedurally generated dungeons while battling dancing skeletons, zombies, dragons, and more! Groove with the game’s epic dance soundtrack, or select songs from your own MP3 collection! You can even play with a DDR dance pad to really shake your bones!”
More information.

Rhythm and think at the same time? I don't think that will work out too well for me.

Dancing through the dungeon with my M-16, I'm a bad muthafucka I'm a... necrodancer... hmmmppphhh....

Why I keep hearing developers don't innovate, and when they do no ones interested.:S

What I see is compensating for a crude game engine and graphics by going for cute and cartoonish, and compensating for bad sprite animation by bouncing the spites and calling the two-frame slideshow "dancing". I been calling it the way I see it for 25 years on "innovation" and I'm not gonna stop now. Speaking of which, is Brenda Garno or whatever the hell she calls herself these days involved in this? Totally looks her style. Wouldn't surprise me if she tricked somebody into working for her by claiming they were gonna do Jagged Alliance 3 and then we got kewtie pie dancing necromancers with dong-shaped staffs of assholery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCPF5-dGyM&feature=youtu.be

Are you kidding me? If it turns out to be a facebook game it'll be just fucking perfect. Maybe Brenda sold her old skool RPG game idea to this guy? As one of the 7 people in the whole world who was playing old school RPGs before they were old school, I can say with some confidence this ain't it.

Haha, cute. Will I play it? Umm, probably not.

A fun idea, but I don't think it's for me :)

Why I keep hearing developers don't innovate, and when they do no ones interested.
Innovation is not good or bad per se. What most people want is good innovation, not just any kind of innovation. And I think this one is a prime example of bad innovation.

Innovation is not good or bad per se. What most people want is good innovation, not just any kind of innovation. And I think this one is a prime example of bad innovation.
I'm not saying it's good or bad just certain people here go on about games being the same. I post something that's different and well you get the point. :)

Me personally I'm not to interested but I know someone who will. She loves dance games especially the Wii fitness, and lets dance games.

Last edited:
Call me mad , but I like this video ! :lol:

I'm not saying it's good or bad just certain people here go on about games being the same. I post something that's different and well you get the point. :)

Me personally I'm not to interested but my I know someone who will. She loves dance games especially the Wii fitness, and lets dance games.

Although I personally am not too interested in buying or supporting this, I thought it was a great newsbit. I definitely appreciate that RPGwatch also covers the fringes of RPGdom, at least occasionally.

Like the video and might buy it eventually if it is cheap enough. These kinds of games are usually not that fun to me, but the novelty might make it fun for a while. Thanks for an interesting newsbit!

Me personally I'm not to interested but I know someone who will. She loves dance games especially the Wii fitness, and lets dance games.
Then let me put it another way:

Innovation is not interesting per se. What most people want is interesting innovation, not just any kind of innovation. And I think this one is a prime example of uninteresting innovation.

I hope I made my point. :)

Back
Top Bottom