Shroud of the Avatar - Release 11 Instructions

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Portalarium has posted the Release 11 Instructions on the Shroud of the Avatar website.

We are moving full steam ahead (oh yes, I went there) towards our Steam Early Access launch on November 24. We were nervous at first about moving to Steam, but are feeling great now based on the overwhelmingly positive and speedy results of our Steam Greenlight campaign, and the incredible support Steam has been giving us. With that said, we need this launch to be super smooth. So we need your help in R11 to play the game through Steam if you are willing. As a reminder Steam is optional for playing Shroud. You can still play without using Steam.

We have lots of new content for you to play with (over a hundred!), and some major changes, including the addition of advancement (finally a sense of progress through gameplay), modifications to combat systems (movement penalties, sprinting, encumbrance, durability, etc.), crafting (cooking, repair, alchemy), and a major change to how wilderness scenes work on the Overworld map (see below for more details).
More information.

Been running around a bit, so far nothing impressive. The marking stones basically saying "this lot could be yours!" are massive immersion breakers. The environment is not very interactive (not at Ultima levels). They call it a pre-alpha, but I guess that's just for marketing reasons. It's way more stable than some alphas I've seen.

Yeah I decided to skip this weekend's test. Happy to wait several months. For me the home lots are a remind of what I can't have and what someone else got.

I didn't think anybody still cared about SoTA. It seems like nothing else than a bad looking crash grab that constantly tries to sell you stuff of Real life money. Thumbs down from me.

I didn't think anybody still cared about SoTA. It seems like nothing else than a bad looking crash grab that constantly tries to sell you stuff of Real life money. Thumbs down from me.

What I am surprised about is anyone cared from the beginning. Sure it would have been great to go back in time and have a great Ulitma game. Though I don't think LB really has it in him to do that or cares to do that.

It has been what 20 years since he did anything worth talking about?

All I care about is the solo version, I'm thinking that should be viable in like 2017 or so, at this rate.
That is if they are actually working on it and it is actually a single player game. Perhaps it is just the online game, without all the other people.

That is if they are actually working on it and it is actually a single player game. Perhaps it is just the online game, without all the other people.

You can probably still use real life money to by those empty lots in that single player (aka off-line) version. It is just so sad and degenerate.

I followed it during the kickstarter, and the design was a mess. They clearly did not know what game they were making. A remember a live session were a viewer asked Garriot "will the game support day/light cycles?" and Garriot asked some programmerdude next him "how hard is it to make?". The programmer shrugged. And Garriot said, "Yes, we will have that." :(

Has this gotten better?

You can probably still use real life money to by those empty lots in that single player (aka off-line) version. It is just so sad and degenerate.

I followed it during the kickstarter, and the design was a mess. They clearly did not know what game they were making. A remember a live session were a viewer asked Garriot "will the game support day/light cycles?" and Garriot asked some programmerdude next him "how hard is it to make?". The programmer shrugged. And Garriot said, "Yes, we will have that." :(

Has this gotten better?

I followed the kickstarter pretty heavily and I do not remember that event happening. I guess it does make a better story though.

Also, you do know you can buy in game lots with in game money or is this something you did not know?

As far as I know, they plan on populating those lots so that their are houses in game if no one purchases them, especially important for angle player offline. For single player online you will see the houses people in game have just not them.

So many things have been added here that it seems a pity that many of you haven't noticed. Combat system is in and getting better every release, the over world map is much nicer now. They just added the leveling mechanic in, allowing users to test their ideas...seems to be working pretty good. Regeants are in for magic. Crafting is in, quite involved. They have quests up, but not much there as they said they don't want to much of that out until launch.

I don't think it looks horrible at all, and with what many on the watch find acceptable I find it funny that many of you do. I think there is a lot of misinformation related as facts.

I'll give it a closer look when it's somewhere near being finished.

Also, you do know you can buy in game lots with in game money or is this something you did not know?

No I did not know that. So it might be that I am just ignorant. I haven't followed the game since the kickstarter ended.

Anyway, when it one day is released we will see how it fares. But I am *skeptical*.

Back
Top Bottom