Risen Ch1/2 possible problem with Fincher

Krzychu

Sentinel
Hey people, I'm near the end of Chapter 1 and I've encountered a situation that may or may not cause some problems in future chapters.

Here's the thing: I joined the Don's camp, and got the quest from Fincher to wipe out the Order's party at the ruins near the swamp. Fincher and his men gathered at the entrance to the swamp, waiting for me. Then, I got the quest from the Don to visit the Inquisitor on his behalf, and when I noticed that all the members of the Order aren't hostile to me anymore, I realised that perhaps there is no reason for me to kill the people at the ruins. Except, the bandit fighters are already waiting for me… huh. I suspected there may be consequences, so I saved the game and went to see the Inquisitor and triggered Chapter 2 - the quest to conquer the ruins was cancelled as I expected, but to my dismay, the fighters were still gathered outside the swamp, waiting for nothing, including Fincher.

I'm worried if this may break my game somehow further down the line. I mean, I tested what would happen if I *did* kill the members of the Order, and saw that Fincher has some other quests connected with ruins/temples, but *only* if I completed his first quest. So… am I expected to do quests for him, or is that all optional?

Also: Isn't Fincher supposed to be at some eastern temple or something, instead of the swamp camp - or in my case, the meeting point outside the camp? From the smell of it, these guys are going to stand there for the rest of the game…

Game broken or not? Thanks in advance!

This may not be serious problem. Can you get any dialog from Fincher? He doesn't go to the Eastern temple, you're supposed to report back to him but you can go to the temple on your own. I think he's the only one to teach sword above 7 so that could be a problem if he gets stuck but I don't think you need him for anything else.

edit: the best part of doing his attack quest is that you can drag the group around clearing out the entire area - at least a level's worth of XP.

Well, I can talk to him about other stuff like training, I just don't get any other quests, like the one where I'm supposed to hire treasure seekers. I was just worried if he was perhaps an important quest-giver for the Don's camp, since I sided with them... but if it's nothing critical, I can live with that. Thanks, then.

- I hope they'll have fun staying out there in the cold, hehe : P

You can get quests done before they are given to you……I found the temple and many other quest items before I knew what they were…… If you don't want to reload you can go to the eastern temple yourself and you will see "Find eastern temple completed" (or something similar) and then go back to Fincher and see if he acknowledges that… If he does then it will probably be alright (probably) and their positions will probably change back on their own after you trigger quests…. hopefully…

PS
With the non-quest related NPCs you can try and pick a fight and lure them back to the swamp and knock them out…. and see if they stay where they should….you also don't have to do it one by one…. just hit all of them really fast and then lure the whole bunch…. in any case good luck and don't be too afraid/annoyed to start over - I do it ALL the time and I am having allot of fun and learning new stuff while I re-play…

Just in case you need directions to the eastern temple:

Attachments

• EasternTempleEntrance.jpg
    EasternTempleEntrance.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 22
  • TempleEast.jpg
    TempleEast.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
You can get quests done before they are given to you…

Yeah, I know, and it's a bit annoying in some cases. Thanks, I can find my way to the temple, even though I didn't get the full map of the island from Fincher as a result of this mess I got into. ;) Hopefully I'll get one from the cartographer in Harbor Town.

With the non-quest related NPCs you can try and pick a fight and lure them back to the swamp and knock them out… and see if they stay where they should…

Hm, that's an interesting idea, I may try that.

Back
Top Bottom