WoW - Wrath of the Lich King - Set to gain Achievements

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
CVG have brought to light a /achievement command in the alpha of WotLK suspect much like LotRO & WAR's.
The achievement system can be accessed by typing in '/achievement' into the Wrath of the Lich King Alpha test, according to blog Death Knight, who also took the screenshots you can see below.

The images seemingly reveal that players will gain achievement points for doing a variety of tasks that range from completing 2000 quests to exploring the whole of Azeroth.
More information.

Reminds be a bit of Guildwars. Where you could earn different titles from different achievements.

Though it doesn't say what these achievements will do. Hopefully not alot. I hate to have to play cautiosly because I need to get a "Earn x number of XP before dying" achievement.

I remember I saw a guy in Guildwars with a title that he had earned for getting a bunch of XP without dying. He had more xp than I after playing several months and I had died 500 times or so.
Imagine the way he must have played. At any risk he would run away.

I remember I saw a guy in Guildwars with a title that he had earned for getting a bunch of XP without dying. He had more xp than I after playing several months and I had died 500 times or so.

Im currently playing for that title. Its not that hard really. Just keep away from pvp and play smart. If you want to talk about insane titles then go for the Defender of ascalon. That one is just crazy.

Im currently playing for that title. Its not that hard really. Just keep away from pvp and play smart. If you want to talk about insane titles then go for the Defender of ascalon. That one is just crazy.

Don't know that title. Been along time since I have played GW.

I know some of my guildmates tried for the easy XP title, the one where you need to get to lvl 20 or so without dying. Think they got it. It might not be hard if you play a specific way, the question is just if it is worth it. It wouldn't be for me. And I think the chance of screwing it up would anger me to much for me to want to go for it. Atleast the advanced XP titles.

Yeah that is crazy.. they actually put an achievement in which you can't get without practically abusing the mechanics :p

I tip my hat to all survivors.. I would just be too paranoid for that achievement. Too much munching on epic skills for my liking too.

Back
Top Bottom