Shroud of the Avatar - Update of the Avatar

My kids play a game where they can decorate the interior of a house as they see fit. They spend quite a bit of time in that game. Decorating is most of the time the only thing they do in the game, they don't care much about the rest of the game. Perhaps they are thrilled with this third or something update on housing and decorating. I'll ask them once they stop playing The Sims 3.

That could be a brilliant marketing idea for RG, he could steal money from kids too for his KS..

Inventory looks more painful than I had previously thought, even in comparison to previous Ultimas. The size of the "bag" space in proportion to inventory items looks incredibly small to the point where one or two items can occupy most of the screen real estate.

My kids play a game where they can decorate the interior of a house as they see fit. They spend quite a bit of time in that game. Decorating is most of the time the only thing they do in the game, they don't care much about the rest of the game. Perhaps they are thrilled with this third or something update on housing and decorating. I'll ask them once they stop playing The Sims 3.

Maybe I should ask you since you seem to run it here, why you guys only post the updates on housing and not the other updates? It seems a bit off.

Never saw a news post on this one for instance:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=29345#more-29345

EDIT: Gothic, another post not worth responding to.

Maybe I should ask you since you seem to run it here, why you guys only post the updates on housing and not the other updates? It seems a bit off.
Simple it's on the update page under updates on the games webpage. You have other news submit it. I can't be everywhere on the internet.:)

And yes that update was covered also. It was their last kickstater update before updates were moved to the webpage only.

Link-http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=23670

Simple it's on the update page under updates on the games webpage. You have other news submit it. I can't be everywhere on the internet.:)

And yes that update was covered also. It was their last kickstater update before updates were moved to the webpage only.

Link-http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=23670

I think part of it is that those other updates, the ones which aren't contests or unity tutorials, are in the form of videos upwards of an hour long with no text summary to go along with them. If you wanted to write up a summary of them and submit them Rune, I'm sure that would make them a bit easier to get posted.

I think part of it is that those other updates, the ones which aren't contests or unity tutorials, are in the form of videos upwards of an hour long with no text summary to go along with them. If you wanted to write up a summary of them and submit them Rune, I'm sure that would make them a bit easier to get posted.
I used to post those videos but the feedback was TLDR & TLDW. I just stopped as it wasn't worth it. Others are welcome to post them on the forums.:)

Yeah I guess, because looking at it you just see the housing stuff and makes it easy to say there is nothing else. I'm not a huge fan of those videos either, but I guess some people like watching for an hour. There is a lot of info in them though.

I need to get time to do it hehe.

Your kids are smart. Why are they doing only decorating in a game that has so many possibilities?
Because everything else in that game is - bugs, bugs and bugs. Some days I think it's worse than Skyrim.

I'll post about it in recently finished games as this thread is about ShroudAvatar game. Which, btw, I didn't support nor plan to buy.

Oh well, I think this will surprise some people. I think it would be interesting to see the support it would have gotten from some of you if it was buy some other studio.

Never saw a news post on this one for instance:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=29345#more-29345

EDIT: Gothic, another post not worth responding to.

So a video about outfits and a little housing in the end.. that is much better for sure :D

I don't know why you are defending this. I mean at first it sounded like it might be another Ultima, mostly focused on single playing, now it is a housing simulator that has nothing to do with old Ultima's to me that is basically a scam.

Thus I think RG deserve all my mean comments, I used to be a huge fan of him, so it is sad to see what he became now.

So a video about outfits and a little housing in the end.. that is much better for sure :D

I don't know why you are defending this. I mean at first it sounded like it might be another Ultima, mostly focused on single playing, now it is a housing simulator that has nothing to do with old Ultima's to me that is basically a scam.

Thus I think RG deserve all my mean comments, I used to be a huge fan of him, so it is sad to see what he became now.

Sure if you ignore the video of the dungeon crawl and all other info out ther to come at that very informed opinion you have.

I just watched the video of the dungeon crawl again and I was very impressed. I know it's early footage and it doesn't look amazing, but the potential is definitely there. I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

Is this the dungeon crawl video you guys are referring to?

It's the only video I've seen that shows much action in the game world. This game looks like it has potential, but I'm skeptical of the combat mechanics. It looks like combat is simply point&click rather than having actual melee controls. Is that the case?

Is this the dungeon crawl video you guys are referring to?

It's the only video I've seen that shows much action in the game world. This game looks like it has potential, but I'm skeptical of the combat mechanics. It looks like combat is simply point&click rather than having actual melee controls. Is that the case?

Well, at the moment it is. They implemented the very basics of the system in order to do the demo. They have plans for a deck of skills your character builds and it dools it out ala something akin to dominion for when in combat. It's not a simple card thing where you are looking at magic or what not, it is much more strategic in the way you add skills. A lot is still in the planning stages, or for lack of a better pun, holding close to their chest.

What is interesting, is if you add all the other things people have been making of fun of, it adds a lot of interesting depth. For instance, you go into said dungeon you come out with a trophy where you can put it anywhere you want in your house, not just some hot spot. Some won't care for that, sure, however some will like the ability to do that. It isn't required, but it is an option.

Another thing, they have consistently mentioned having the hex based overland map so that they can easily add to the world without having to do so much overhead that a single layer map would have. This allows changing events in the hexes, such as a seige that goes away or a new village appearing.

Potential is there.

EDIT: yes that is the video...important to note that is at the 3 months of development.

Cool, thanks:)

Reminds me of housing in ultima online. I was never patient enough to farm enough money to get one but I was given one free by one roleplayers organisation. Its worth was something like 50000 ingame. But then I got tired of the game and simply let it rot away (it self-destroyed itself if you didnt open the door regulary).

Whats wrong with these online games? I go to work to get money to play a game and in that game I work to get money to get something else…I think that was the point I lost my interest to mmogs.

Back
Top Bottom