LoTR Questions

And keep checking the promos both in the in-game Lotro store and in the Lotro Market, especially expansions. If you pretends to get the expansions with money, a good suggestion is grab the Expansion Quad Pack, with all the first 4 expansions (Mines of Moria, Siege of Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard and Riders of Rohan)

Hotkey Bars

I have the 3 horizontal ones right above the ... ummm ... bottom one.

I would like to have hotkey bars 4 and 5 be vertical on the right side of the screen. While I can check the box to make them horizontal but they appear a few inches from the right side of the screen. I've been toggling the command to move UI elements around to make other adjustments but don't see the elements to move the hotkeys anywhere.

What am I missing? Probably something simple.

Don't remember what are the options, but see how's the dock option, but is possible to do this, I have a vertical bar at the right of screen for shortcuts of things like travel skills, mounts and others

Finally figured out the side hotkey bars. They were in the UI Elements screen, they were just very small and not labeled so I missed them a few times when I looked.

I wasn't much of a fan of Breeland. I left that area pretty quickly tho I did buy a Hobbit house even tho I'm an Elf. Trollshaws, there were not many quests I could do before I was to low for them. I then went to Evendim and did a ton of that place. I just hit level 40 and caught up with my Epic Quests so will move to either Angmar or Forochel if I'm the right level for them since you guys liked those areas.

I made some Alts this weekend and am surprised how much I like the Loremaster. I usually don't like playing spellcasters but its oddly satisfying throwing fireballs everywhere. A Hunter is my main one right now.

Last edited:
I suggest go to Angmar first and doing the first half (the west side until reaching the sentinel statues), and following the epic in that place too, and then going to Forochel because Angmar has a jump in levels between the two halfs. After Forochel, you can return to Angmar and finish the Volume 1 of the Epic (and if you want you can start Volume 2 soon you reach lvl 45, even you don't finished vol. 1 first and follow it until getting your first legendary item, then you can return to vol. 1)

I went right to Forochel and had a blast, completely skipped Angmar for the most part until some late 40s stuff, if I recall correctly. Forochel is great, though. I love the desolate winter wonderland.

I'm in The Misty Mountains right now as thats where my wandering took me, I will probably go to one of the betters areas tonight tho.

Whats a good level to start Moria?

The Volume 2 (necessary to be able to enter in Moria) can be started at lvl 45, but Moria will be difficult at that level because the quests inside starts at lvl 50-51

And you will need to get the expansion, without it you will able to do only the epic line inside Moria

I suggest go to Angmar first and doing the first half (the west side until reaching the sentinel statues), and following the epic in that place too, and then going to Forochel because Angmar has a jump in levels between the two halfs. After Forochel, you can return to Angmar and finish the Volume 1 of the Epic (and if you want you can start Volume 2 soon you reach lvl 45, even you don't finished vol. 1 first and follow it until getting your first legendary item, then you can return to vol. 1)

I'm glad I came here and reread this because I am exactly at the point where the quest level jumps in Angmar. I was trying to figure out what to do next last night but now its clear, onward to Forochel!

I didn't think Trollshaws or Misty Mountains needed a revamp. Then again, I was playing with a large kinship who had different members who would help for the group content. I just liked that those zones were a bit different and more challenging to complete than say, Evendim, which was like Easy Street in comparison.

Evendim was quite fun, though, so maybe a revamp wouldn't be terrible for those other regions. Still, I would recommend checking them out in their current state and having a few buddies on call to explore the group content with (brutal spiders and trolls in Trollshaws - Goblintown in Misty Mountains).
I guess they will not remain much time yet in that state, Turbine announced recently all 3 areas (North-Downs, Trollshaws and Misty Mountains) will be revamped in the next big update

I'm currently in Moria (which I have enjoyed quite a bit, the leadup to get in was done very well), pretty much at the end and ready to get out just for something new … BUT … I'm trying to finish the Epic Quests there. I even picked up one of the XP stopper thingys so I don't outlevel the place. Even on the Vol 1 quests I'm on Book 10 or 11 (I ran out of juice there also plus I didn't have the XP stopper thingy then), Good story on them all but they go on and on and on and on. Theres an absolute TON of content for this game.

Me and a few friends made a small Kin. I'm still having fun but finding myself wanting to play less, which is good as I tend to play mmorpgs more than I should.

I don't plan on quitting but limiting my time ingame a bit for the next few weeks.

Do the Vol 1 quests never get higher than level 50? Also do the Vol 2 quests end in Moria thus never getting higher then level 60?

I guess they will not remain much time yet in that state, Turbine announced recently all 3 areas (North-Downs, Trollshaws and Misty Mountains) will be revamped in the next big update

That's actually very exciting news. I wouldn't mind downloading the game again and playing through a new character to check out those revamps. Trollshaws and Misty Mountains were my 2 favorite zones in the game.

Ugh, they're revamping those areas?! Why can't they leave well enough alone? Original 1-50 SoA content is by far the best; I guess they need to level the playing field so their new content designers don't compare so horribly.

I swear, it's as if every time I look, Turbine gives me a new reason to never again make use of my lifetime sub.

The way I look at it, they need to make those areas more "modern", just for the simple fact like you said, to compare to what they've already overhauled.

Look at Evendim now. It's like Easy Street compared to Trollshaws and Misty Mountains. The leveling is easy, the pace is fast, the content is plentiful. In these older zones, the content is sparse, the leveling is almost nonexistent at times and the pace is a crawl. So to keep up with their current revamps and expectations from the newer player base, they have to revamp those areas to allow them to compete.

It's a good thing, though, because those areas weren't getting much love from anybody. As much as I love the Trollshaws, it was rare that I'd find anyone exploring that zone. Even rarer was trying to find people to help you with the group content in those zones. If you're without a kin, you're not going to get much from those zones at all.

That said, if you actually can complete the content there, man, is it rewarding. It's so beautiful traversing the Trollshaws and discovering all it's nooks and crannies. I love how the back paths are so dangerous. I have very fond memories of learning that place and it was kind of a badge of honor that I fully explored that zone. I also helped other people enjoy it as much as I could, because I wanted to share the experience.

So anywho, I'm glad it's getting revamped. As much as I love it, it's for the best. Let some people actually enjoy the area rather than skipping it.

Do the Vol 1 quests never get higher than level 50? Also do the Vol 2 quests end in Moria thus never getting higher then level 60?
The level cap was 50 when the Vol 1 finished, then is the maximum level of the quests in said areas. And Volume 2 isn't only Moria, includes Lothlorien and Mirkwood too, going until level 65.

Ugh, they're revamping those areas?! Why can't they leave well enough alone? Original 1-50 SoA content is by far the best; I guess they need to level the playing field so their new content designers don't compare so horribly.

I swear, it's as if every time I look, Turbine gives me a new reason to never again make use of my lifetime sub.
Like Fluent sayed, they're good areas but have too few and sparse quests compared with the other areas and many of them are for groups. The revamp will turn these areas more attractive and providing more good options to players with alts to level up.

And regarding the update, other thing apparently they will finally include Fangorn in the game (at the moment Fangorn only have some small border areas in some regions, but the majority of the area and NPCs like Treebeard are absent until now)

What server are you on?

pibbur

Laurelin, but im Central US Time Zone so 6 or 7 hours earlier than you.

As a new player, I like the Trollshaws look alot but when I first went there I did 3 or 4 quests then I was just to low for anything more. There was no obvious path to level up so I ended up going somewhere else that had a better questing path. I've gone thru a few more times but there just doesn't seem to be many quests there.

Misty Mountains was much better and I felt the later half of the quests there better than the first half. I really liked Goblin Town and finding Gollums cave.

I'm glad the Vol 2 epic quests continue out of Moria, that means I'm probably pretty close to getting out. I've already explored just about everything there and am ready for some sunlight.

Really, my only complaint about the game is the leveling pacing. It is easy to level via questing in an area only to find out that another area you wanted to quest in is now to low for you. I have little interest in being 5 or more above the quests I am doing. Also its generally not obvious where to go next once you have explored an area as my questions here show.

I'm glad the Vol 2 epic quests continue out of Moria, that means I'm probably pretty close to getting out. I've already explored just about everything there and am ready for some sunlight.

Really, my only complaint about the game is the leveling pacing. It is easy to level via questing in an area only to find out that another area you wanted to quest in is now to low for you. I have little interest in being 5 or more above the quests I am doing. Also its generally not obvious where to go next once you have explored an area as my questions here show.
Already saw the worst area of Moria, Fundations of Stone (too much labyrinthine for my tastes and the volume 2 will send you there...)?

For Moria and later areas normally the better option to decide where to go next is following the flow of the Epic Quests (Volume 2 and 3), but even with this you start leveleing more than the level of the area if you decide to do all because especially of the filler regions (ex: Lothlorien is a lvl 60 area because was launched when 60 was the level cap, but if you decide to do all the quests in that area you will enter in Mirkwood, a level 61-65 area, with at least 1-2 levels above, same with Enedwaith, Great River and Wildermore later in Volume 3), but Volume 1 really is a bit problematic in this question, especially relative to Evendim and Forochel (these two regions were added after Angmar and the the book quests are level 50 in those areas, even with the landscape quests being lower)

Yeah, Evendim I went to at level 49 or 50. I pretty much just did the epic quests and that was it to get in Moria. I didn't have the XP stopper thingy then tho. In Moria I've already used it a bit in order to experience it all on the correct level. I'm 59 right now and on level with the epic quests I am getting. I wont let myself hit 60 until I get out of Moria for sure.

Thanks for all the info you keep giving me, its helped alot pre-Moria for sure.

...This is all a good thing. You're supposed to have choices in a game, not be on rails the entire time.

God, I miss sandbox MMOs. They're all but extinct these days.

Back
Top Bottom