Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Maybe a bit

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • No Way

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
ROTFL
But it's not me who freaks out here.
Also I never said I'm not an asshole, in fact why would I say I'm not if I said I am:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061338268&postcount=2
:D

See, I don't care if someone will praise something or not. What I'm trying to say is no matter how much you'd want The Witcher 3 to be a copy of, it's simply not a copy. If it was a copy of Bloodborne like you suggest, hell I'd never buy it in the first place.

You're trolling this thread, Ovenall. It's a vote/poll thread, not impression discussion or cloning discussion thread. Didn't I say that already somewhere... Maybe I did, dunno.

Anyway, takes one to know one - and you're well aware that I'm a specific type of a troll, the kind you won't find elsewhere. So I recognized another troll. And because I'm an asshole I also... Erm... There escapes my thought.

Sure, but I have to suggest to write down all your thoughts, compile it and post as a separate huge topic in this section:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

I'd do it myself also, but have a hard time concentrating lately, must be the weather.

I think a major issue that seems to be causing grief is that for many, the comparisons being made seem to be done not as a 'point of reference', but instead in a pejoritive sense. I don't know the whole history ... but there clearly IS some history, so let's get back to just discussing the game and not attacking other members or calling names. OK?

The sideways grin of that guy in that bar that gives you that treasure quest reminds me of the sideways grins in Carebears Christmas Adventure, only a bit more grimdark, but definitely influenced I'd say. :x:drool::flower:

There is no such thing as a perfect game. Although TW3 did get close to it. From my POV.
Voted -ABSOLUTELY- simply because I like the game, very much and it did surprise me, in a good way.
So, I like it, if someone else does not it is OK. Since there is no such a game everyone likes.

Personally, I was not that hyped for the game. But now, for the next games from CDPR, I will be, and eager to see how those games will be.
And now, back to playing TW3 :)

I feel like I would have kept playing if there had been some changes to the world from doing quests. Like a faction system of sorts. Do a quest for this village and now that village will blossom or a quest for this army and now they will take more control of the surrounding area etc.

Not that alot of other open world games do well in that regard, but the combat didn't really do it for me and I didn't find it interesting to go and explore the world, so doing quests was what kept me playing until that became rutine.
But overall I still enjoyed the first 20-30 hours of it so I don't regret buying it.

There are actually quite a few instances of that in TW3. I'm surprised you didn't encounter any yet, although 20-30 hours is only scratching the surface of this game.

For instance, there are towns/villages that you can liberate from bandits or clear of monsters, and if you come back later you'll find that those areas have been cleaned up and settled by peasants, merchants, etc.

There are also choices you'll have to make that with either save or doom people and places.

The city of Novigrad changes throughout the game as well. You should at least play until you get a chance to see it, as I think it's easily the most impressive city in an RPG to date.

I find it a very good open world rpg, but it's not capturing my full attention as nr 1 and 2 did. Will finish it with much joy, that's for sure.

Sheesh. I never said it was a carbon copy of anything. Grow up, you are a petulant @sshole who freaks out over ANY non-praise of this game. In fact, I simply compared the combat to another game's combat, and did not even imply that it was a negative. I happen to enjoy the combat, certainly more than Witcher 2.

quoted for truth.

There are actually quite a few instances of that in TW3. I'm surprised you didn't encounter any yet, although 20-30 hours is only scratching the surface of this game.

For instance, there are towns/villages that you can liberate from bandits or clear of monsters, and if you come back later you'll find that those areas have been cleaned up and settled by peasants, merchants, etc.

There are also choices you'll have to make that with either save or doom people and places.

The city of Novigrad changes throughout the game as well. You should at least play until you get a chance to see it, as I think it's easily the most impressive city in an RPG to date.

They do change, but they are very cosmetic changes...for instance you kill the monsters in a fishing village and the villagers return with a generic shopkeeper. Yes, it changed (right in front of you) but it seems very superficial. I don't think it has any other affect on the world.

Lets face it.

It was very bad game from start to finish. That is if you could even finish it.

Respawn every where.

Bugs, big bugs.

Character creation sucked.

Loot was so poorly done.

The story was not only weak but one of the worst.

Combat, well Christ it was so bad rolling around all the time.

I will wait for 20 years until Fluent plays it and tells us how great it is.

I also forgot, it was like so many other games I can't remember all the ones they ripped off.

ROTFL
Celtic, you just made my day.

Lets face it.

Respawn every where.

Bugs, big bugs.

Loot was so poorly done.

I also forgot, it was like so many other games I can't remember all the ones they ripped off.

How trite.

That's exactly what people said. Are you an adult?

Lets face it.

Respawn every where.

Bugs, big bugs.

Loot was so poorly done.

Oh just great we now have two Joxer's on the forum. :lol:

They do change, but they are very cosmetic changes…for instance you kill the monsters in a fishing village and the villagers return with a generic shopkeeper. Yes, it changed (right in front of you) but it seems very superficial. I don't think it has any other affect on the world.

I think most people would agree that an entire village being repopulated, (or another village getting wiped out because of a choice you made), is more than just superficial. But I get the feeling you'd still make that claim regardless of what the changes were. :)

Perhaps you could give us some examples of it being done better in other open-world RPGs?

I'd say an entire village being repopulated, (or another village getting wiped out because of a choice you made), is more than just superficial. But I get the feeling you'd still make that claim regardless of what the changes were. :)

Perhaps you could give us some examples of it being done better in other open-world RPGs?

Did I hurt your feelings saying that? It filled the village witha bunch of generic npc's and one shop keeper...it looked decent but it was superficial. I don't have an example other then heavily scripted scenes that change over a game...but that's what it does.

Explain to me how it is more then superficial if all it does is put npc's in the village that don't have effect on the rest of the world?

I get the feeling another personal insult will be typed by you instead of actually you know talking about the game.

The combat reminds me a lot of Bloodborne, just much easier. Dodge to get to the side/behind swipe, swipe, offhand weapon for a stun swipe, swipe, dodge for the side/behind swipe swipe. It's very similar, especially for single large creatures like a bear or a gargoyle (especially the gargoyle).

The witcher combat is ok but it can't touch bloodborne or dark souls combat but your right certain tactics are transferable between the 2 games.

The witcher combat is ok but it can't touch bloodborne or dark souls combat but your right certain tactics are transferable between the 2 games.

I have bloodbourne as well...tough game...I suck at it.

Back
Top Bottom