DraSa: Phileasson's Secret - Updates

I'm not sure anyone cares until they release the english game.

Exactly. Untill we get Drak 2 in English I could care less about later stuff.

When I see news about Drakensang 2 and its' expansion, I always jump at it with an hope that finally I can learn something about the english version. But so far, no luck. I'm tired of german reviews, previews and such. Lately, I even have doubts about seeing this game on english speaking territories.

When the English version will appear, you'll have this stuff as well.

Okay, I admit it, I'm a Fanboy. :D

I didn't know that Drakensang 2 didn't have been realeased in English yet. I have just finished the Spanish version and I have to say that it's amazing, much better than its predecessor. Even the Spanish voices and traslation are impressive, very well job. For me, Drakensang is the real successor of Baldur's Gate and a much better RPG than the boring pseudo hack-slash Dragon Age.

Oh. I didn't know there was a Spanish version out there.

petardo- Can you give more impressions of the game? I tried liking the first Drakensang, but was ultimately bored with it and gave up. Just too slow.

Anything else you'd like to say about the new one?

petardo- Can you give more impressions of the game? I tried liking the first Drakensang, but was ultimately bored with it and gave up. Just too slow.

Anything else you'd like to say about the new one?
I agree with you, the first Drakensang was too boring for me and I gave it up after playing around 20 hours. I tried the River of Time without much hope, and I was very surprised. I've finished it in less than two weeks (and this is very very rare on me). All what I didn't like in the original was fixed:
- All dialogs are spoken (the Spanish version has the best voices I've ever heard in a videogame, as I said, impressive).
- There is no boring quests. All of them are very interesting and you have serveral ways to solve them.
- The caractheres are also very interesting with very nice and funny dialogs and interactions between them.
- The camera is no longer a problem.
- Several dungeons with puzzles and amazing final bosses.
- There are teleporters so you haven't got to waste hours walking…

The key of this game is that everything is balanced in almost a perfect way.
IMO, this game is one of the best RPGs I've played. I hope that they realease next chapter soon!

Last edited:
I doubt that there will be a another sequel. Radeon Labs is dead and BigPoint seems to have the rights for the Drakensang-Brand now. BigPoint makes Browser Games and I think (and hope!) that they don't get the Dark Eye License for one of their Grindfests - it looks to me that the License Holders have a strong Vision of their RPG and don't want to compromise it. There was once the same situation with the "Dark Alliance"-Brand for the Baldur's Gate Console Game, where the sequel didn't use the PnP-License.

This AddOn is the last chance for a "old-school" CRPG for a very long time :(

Oh. I didn't know there was a Spanish version out there.

I have the impression that it's only the english speaking countries that are getting shafted.
There's an italian version too (never had time to try it, mind you) and for quite a low price too.

What happened to the rumored August release date for English Draken 2? I would assume that's not going to happen or we would have heard something by now.

I don't know anything about it, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom