Chris Roberts new game

Many new details can be found at GamersGlobal.de.

It's an MMO. Instanced fights, PC only, hardcore target audience. Explicitly not-casual.

I didn't realize it was going to be a MMO. I was thinking more of the lines of Privateer. If there is no single player component, i won't be funding it. Too bad. There is always the X series.

It will be a Privateer. An MMO-Privateer. ;)

Technology: CryEngine 3.

It's not really a MMO.

It support private servers and there is a single player campaign as well (that can be played totally offline) called Squadron 42.

It's not really a MMO.

It support private servers and there is a single player campaign as well (that can be played offline) called Squadron 42.

Thanks for pointing that out. That makes me feel a little better.

Thanks for pointing that out. That makes me feel a little better.

Well, there is still a "MMO" part, but I don't think that part will be that popular. People just want a new Wing Commander or Privateer, not a MMO (excluding all the EvE Online players).

I expect some sort of forum disconnect really fast between backers and RSI.

I would love a cooperative "PvE" space combat MMO, not PvP.

I've pre-bought enough games for 2014!

Also, not so fond of the MMO thing. Or player based economies. Sounds like Eve with more flashy combat.

Yeah I'm in, this looks like exactly what I want to see in the future, games using high end pc's and avoiding consoles like the plague. I'm totally ready for some new Wing Commander-type memories.

-Carn

I understand that there is going to be a single-player option similar to Wing Commander. But, what i am hoping for is Freelancer/Privateer type gameplay. I want to do that in single player. Not multi-player. So, my question is, does the single-player game give you an open ended game style in which the player can be a merchant, fighter, pirate, ect.? Or does the single player only allow you to play the campaign?

I understand that there is going to be a single-player option similar to Wing Commander. But, what i am hoping for is Freelancer/Privateer type gameplay. I want to do that in single player. Not multi-player. So, my question is, does the single-player game give you an open ended game style in which the player can be a merchant, fighter, pirate, ect.? Or does the single player only allow you to play the campaign?

Hard to say right now, lots of people are wondering about this to, me included.

I read some thing that mention never joining the army, but I'm not sure if it was about the SP campaign or not. Although, at worst, you can make a private server and play solo on it.

Hard to say right now, lots of people are wondering about this to, me included.

I read some thing that mention never joining the army, but I'm not sure if it was about the SP campaign or not. Although, at worst, you can make a private server and play solo on it.

I didn't think about making your own server. I guess you would still get the same content, right? I don't know. I think Chris can be a little more specific on what the game is and what it is not.

Starting to sound almost like Freelancer in CryEngine 3. Still, I need a lot more info before I let myself become hyped. For one thing, what is this "credit" thing? I noticed it while looking through the funding options and it smells of micro transactions.

For one thing, what is this "credit" thing? I noticed it while looking through the funding options and it smells of micro transactions.

RSI intend to continue providing "free content" by having a "store". They said it would be like GW2. Although, unlike GW2 you can play offline or on private servers and don't have to care about any of the micro transactions done the persistent public servers.

Not sure if the credits in the tiers are linked to that system though, it might just be in-game money too.

Well, the part I'm interested in is an MMO.

A series of missions like WC1-4 is all well and good, but I liked Privateer a LOT more than those games and THAT PART IS AN MMO.

So. If he's gonna waste money making an MMO with SP portion I'm not interested in, I'm not in. :(

Last edited:
I think that the game modes won't have different content, minus the mods used by private servers and the official store on the public ones. The game budget doesn't allow it anyhow (16 millions, when games like GW2 and SWTOR cost over 150 millions to do).

The "SP campaign" will be available on all game mode, it's like the storyline in a MMO. The only thing unclear is if the "privateer" content is available before you finish the Squadron 42 section for the SP mode (it is for the MP ones).

Back
Top Bottom