The NEW NWN Team Corwin Thread

I think I figured the reason for items being unequipped and labeled unidentified. This will occur if the item is too high a level for the person to use. Normally I set my sever for item level restrictions and have an ondeath that removes such items if they are equipped. The reason for this is simple: a player may lose a level and therefore be unable to use an item currently equipped that is too high for them to use. This would cause the character to not pass the ILR and become unplayable on the next log in. If you are playing with items level restrictions off this will continue to happen when players die with these types of items equipped, it can also happen with ILR on, though it is less likely, since it only occurs then if the player drops a level on death.

As players progress in levels and/or are not given items that are too high for their level the likely hood of this occurrence will decrease.

Last edited:
Thanks, we play with no restrictions except only one party!! We had an interesting issue last week; we entered the village 2 screens south of the starting area and our Paladin was attacked by some Captain?! We weren't!!

Depending on your alignment certain other factions will hate you. Not sure why this particular one occurred. Your factions and alignment can all affect reactions to you. Players have individual databases which keep track of these relationships, so the npc's can have varied reactions to members of the same party. There are also some things that appear blue, wild-eyed bats, that will sometimes attack a pc, out of the blue, so to speak.

That was Zarbon. The only Captain there is the captain of the guard. Did this attack occur outdoors? If so it was not him. If it was a guy with a glowing spear maybe a Browneagle warrior, but they are mostly friendly.

Under items/custom/special there is something called a faction rescue rod. Create one and give it to the player and have him/her use it on themselves. This will raise their faction relationships by 25 and that should take care of the problem. I did notice the Zarbon guard captains faction was commoner but it should be Zanid. However I can't see how a Paladin would get in dutch with the commoner faction.

Last edited:
No, this was a named Captain and NOT the guard captain. It was outside in the center of the city.

Possibly a Bowcregian, chaotic evil, since they would attack a lawful good paladin on sight.

Could be, he was Blue to the rest of us, but we're all Independant Neutrals!! I'll try to remember to write down his name, but from memory, he seemed almost invulnerable and could heal himself. We thought he might be an essential NPC!!

Dont forget to mention that he was impossible to kill, we got him to 'near death' but there it stopped. and when I ran off he started to kill the cows and horses..
Not even I would be that cruel, unless the cows are secretly hiding a big stash of gold, but they dont... do they? o_O

NOOO and you better not KILL any of them to find out! He is going to get us all killed, I can see it now! :cm:

I think some very special cows might own some gold, Taxen. :lol:

@CM Can't you get the pvp on in NWN? Now that would be awsome! -> Hey, you stole all the gold, huh? How do you like that sword sticking in your belly? :plotting:

We have been sorely tempted to do that, believe me!! :)

I should have realized this before. Yeah Captain Marsden the owner of the Golden Hind. The boat trip up to Trilus. He is immortal for that reason and sometimes he goes berserk a bit. He is rather chaotic, and while he is not a true Bocrewgian, he is a sea captain and they are rather vulnerable to Bocregian influences. These are the chaotic influences that are creeping into the world. Basically my excuse for when things don't work right, or as expected.

If you want to take the boat simply have the party or just the leader use the boat and then have the rest of the party leader teleport to him in Trilus. Since it is nearby, if you see a Ghostrider don't mess with him. This is well known common knowledge so I'm not revealing much, in that they are incredibly dangerous in a nonchalant sort of way.

Last edited:
Yep, that sounds like his name; why would he kill cows though? And why did no-one else there try to stop him? Should we take the boat trip this early on?

Something set him off and he just went on a killing spree. The cows are being sent up to Trilus for slaughter anyway. I probably should take away his area effect spells, as this is the likely scenario which is the cause of this. The river raiders attack and the guards respond then Marsden throws an AoE, and the guards go KoS to Marsden, later after he has killed the guards that attack, since he is immortal, he goes a killing spree after the cows which are same faction as the guards.

From Zarbon, Trilus is about as safe as any, both Browneagle lands and the Fen can be bad especially at night. Goblin lands, the bandits, the Kobold king, is the general order of undertakings, before those other areas. Also Zanid north and west are not too tough, but north can be rather chaotic, as it is a contested area. There is also the Feldorn beast if you have not taken him down yet. You could also muck around a bit in the Cave of Poison Grass, in Central Zanid.

Lastly listen to what the Madder Ratter has to say. He gives some hints about goings on in the area. Maybe I should add in to his sayings: 'Captain Marsden goes berserk and kills a bunch of cows!'

We did the poison cave and then walked around underground till we came out in the Fen and walked to Zarbon. We tended to get LOST in that underground river area!! :)

I think some very special cows might own some gold, Taxen. :lol:

@CM Can't you get the pvp on in NWN? Now that would be awsome! -> Hey, you stole all the gold, huh? How do you like that sword sticking in your belly? :plotting:

I dont mind =) Because then I dont have to loot the chests and sneak around dangerous beasts to get my gold.. excluding CM ofcourse :rolleyes:

Put your hands in my pockets again and I will show you dangerous! :cm: :lol:

You should pick up a map of the underground river at Mad Adventures. It reveals the areas that are designated as part of the system. I think that is 3 or 4 areas. Costs around 2k gold.

oh, thanks for the hint. to bad "we" dont have that kind of money ;)

No WE don't but I do and I know you have enough to buy everyone one.

Hopefully Peter is with us today.

I will not be joining you all this night neither. Tomorrow I'm gonna cycle with the family to the coast. (+- 100km) And we do leave 'early' in the morning (9 o' clock is to early when you play from 3am till 5am)

Back
Top Bottom