What games are you playing now?

I thought I saw an RPG-ish looking game or 2 on there. Have you tried any of those?

Here is a basic list of what games Gameloft cloned:
Hero of Sparta I/II = God of War
Shadow Guardian = Uncharted 2
Modern Combat = Modern Warfare
Zombie Infection = Resident Evil IV
Eternal Legacy = Final Fantasy XIII
Dungeon Hunter 2 = Diablo/Dungeon Siege
Sacred Odyssey = Zelda (N64 and Wii)
Starfront - Collision = Starcraft Series
Brain Challenge = Brain Age
Gangstar = Grand Theft Auto
Blades of Fury = Soulcalibur
Asphalt = Grand Turismo
Skater Nation = Tony Hawk
Shrek Kart = Mario Kart
Star Batallion = Starfox/Starwars
Nova = Halo
Order & Chaos = World of Warcraft

I actually haven't had any problems except for my brief trial of Honeycomb. I'm running 2.3 via the Cyanogen mod on my two tablets and 2.2 (stock) on my phone. I dabbled with Honeycomb briefly but I there were some compatibility issues so I'm sticking with 2.3 for now. Some of the user made roms are actually decent and really stable.

I am not talking about 'problems', such as how way too many apps won't work on my Acer Iconia 3.2 Honeycomb tablet ... it is just that the same game on a new Droid dual-core system looks and performs worse than on my 1st gen iPod Touch, let alone my 4th gen Touch.

Eh, I still say the games I have on Android work fine enough for me. I'm happy with them. I might give the Gameloft stuff a try some day.

Team fortress 2

Its been freeware since june, so go and grab your copy from steam!:)

This game has really hooked me in, I haven't had so much fun fragging since the orginal tf, counter strike and maybe enemy territory :) The game so enjoyable because you can just jump in easily. No need to plan or anything, just go with the flow. Like all the best games, its easy to learn, but hard to master The game balance is very good and there are lots of servers.

Got Team Fortress 2 via a free Steam voucher /gift coupon from the Games Com last year … Haven't played it yet.
It's my only Steam game so far.
(Apart from a few demos.)

I was trying to play Team Fortress 2 for the very first time ... Again, like in the past, I found the "Steam" client layout totally ugly.

No real help, 50% in English language even when I decided to use it in German language ... There's nowhere a help function whichg explicitely explains all of the menu entries & options to me (a thing that EVERY normal office program is able to !) - it especially doesn't explain to me, what is meant by "saving games" in the options menu ...

On top of it, I tried the tutorial - and THEn got a message -while being in OFFLINE mode - that a valve's multiplayer anti-cheat thing couldn't be loaded ... Hello ? I did NOT want to play multiplayer !!!
I just HATE to be thrown back into the game's main menu simply because i wanted to play an tutorial ! Why are they going to keep me from cheating in an tutorial ???

It really escapes me how a client-server platform with such a shitty designed client layout could have THAT much success ... Here in daylight, I had quite some problems reading this grey-on-black text of the client ! And even worse, ALTHOUGh there is a menu entry called "skin", there is only 1 option ! (It is called "standard" by the way. Give no alternatives and call what's available "standard". How cynical".)
Someone there must have a real *hate* for light colours !

Now I'm trying to start it in online mode - hoping that the error message of this anti-cheat thing, that had disruped my play and sent me *instantly* back to the menu screen - won't bicker again.

Oh, how I hate this.

Stewam won't win any usability awards within the next 2 Millennia, if they keep on doing things like that ...

I believe that I am about half through Arcania at this point when I decided to quickly try the introduction for Two Worlds 2. I think the context made me blown away by the difference. I am still not entirely sure what I am doing in Arcania. I feel no relationship with any of the characters I meet as they are mostly annoying, crazy or rude. Quests are often void of meaning, often uninspired and pushed on you in a "before we talk, please kill 10 X or fetch 20 x to me". Sure, there are some occasional nice things that happens but most of the time I do not feel I have anyone to care for. I actually recognize Forsaken Gods here, the way NPC's are tossed in without personality except for "i am crazey"!

Two Worlds 2 captured me at once. Right in the intro I got 3-4 NPC's and a villain as well as a story. I do not know if that's great, but I could actually feel the difference in a game that cares for it's presentation and story and a game that doesn't.

But I still plan to finish Arcania before moving on.

(Re-)Playing the original Deus Ex Game of the Year edition now (visually enhanced by the DirectX 10 New Vision mod which manages to make the game look like a ~2005 game rather than a Y2K game ;) ) in preparation of getting into DXIW and finally DXHR. At the pace I'm finishing games these days there should be plenty of patches and DLC available for DXHR by the time I finally get around to it. Good times ahead...

(Re-)Playing the original Deus Ex Game of the Year edition now (visually enhanced by the DirectX 10 New Vision mod which manages to make the game look like a ~2005 game rather than a Y2K game ;) ) in preparation of getting into DXIW and finally DXHR. At the pace I'm finishing games these days there should be plenty of patches and DLC available for DXHR by the time I finally get around to it. Good times ahead…

The New Vision mod is super sweet ... I loaded it up a couple of weeks back but didn't get too far, but it was great to behold.

(Re-)Playing the original Deus Ex Game of the Year edition now …. in preparation of getting into DXIW and finally DXHR.…

Imo you're better off just skipping Invisible War and going straight to HR. The game is rock-solid in its present state. Why eat crap when you can go straight to the candy? ;)

Imo you're better off just skipping Invisible War and going straight to HR. The game is rock-solid in its present state. Why eat crap when you can go straight to the candy? ;)

Because I've only played the demo of DXIW when it was first released years ago and now that we have all gotten used to retarded consolized interfaces, well, maybe there is a decent game under the ugly shell somewhere ;) . We'll see. If it ends up sucking too much then I'll abort, read up on the story of DXIW on some Wiki site or watch a couple YouTube vids and hit the candy right away, of course. But first I want to give DXIW a fair chance of finally and terminally convincing me whether it really is crap or not.

While insuperior in gameplay, Invisible War still got a decent story and might be worth playing for that reason.

Fired up Homeworld yesterday evening/night.

Couldn't get to install Albion again right now ... I'm looking for a program that lets me do everything I want to do in OSBOX without having to type in all of these "mount" commands ... I guess I should write a batch file for myself ...

Because I've only played the demo of DXIW when it was first released years ago and now that we have all gotten used to retarded consolized interfaces, well, maybe there is a decent game under the ugly shell somewhere ;) . We'll see. If it ends up sucking too much then I'll abort, read up on the story of DXIW on some Wiki site or watch a couple YouTube vids and hit the candy right away, of course. But first I want to give DXIW a fair chance of finally and terminally convincing me whether it really is crap or not.

Ah.. I was thinking you meant a replay. I didn't realize you had never played it.

It's actually not a terrible game by itself, but playing it immediately after doing a replay of DX is not a good idea imo. :)

Now that I've started DOSBOX in combination with "D-Fend Reloaded", I managed to start a few older DOS games.

Unfortunately most of my other DOS games are on the other PC, and I must buy myself an USB stick to transfer them, I guess.

My biggest "WTF" moment was when I had successfully started the old adventure game called "The Curse Of Enchantia", and there was no way to exist the program ! And even the handbook didn't tell me !

The other game I had successfully started was The Elder Scrolls : Arena.

And then there are The Chaos Engine and Blackhawke (English : Blackthorne) by early Blizzard.

I guess I should look out for other older DOS games in my "library" as well ...

I reinstalled the original Deus Ex with that New Vison mod today. I wanted to see what it felt like after playing DX:HR, as well as see how it looks with that mod.

Thing is.. I'm not really seeing a difference. I activated the DX10 renderer in the mod's launcher, but the only thing I think I notice is some slightly sharper textures. Am I missing something, or are the changes really just that subtle?

I reinstalled the original Deus Ex with that New Vison mod today. I wanted to see what it felt like after playing DX:HR, as well as see how it looks with that mod.

Thing is.. I'm not really seeing a difference. I activated the DX10 renderer in the mod's launcher, but the only thing I think I notice is some slightly sharper textures. Am I missing something, or are the changes really just that subtle?

Are you sure you added the D3D files to ..\System AND enabled D3D DX10 support in the launcher? I originally just chose D3D (which is DX9) and had the same experience - so you need to be sure.

They do change quite a bit, and you'll definitely notice it right away.

DXHR if I want to puzzle/think, ME2 if I want to just shoot away, and TWitcher2 if I want to explore grey choices

Twitcher 2 huh? :)

I just double-checked, and yes, it's definitely installed correctly. The launcher that was bundled with the mod comes up when I start the game, and I have DX10 selected as the renderer. All the files are in the correct folders.

I even reinstalled the game in a separate location so I could directly compare it with and without the mod. I just don't see a big difference. I notice that textures are sharper, but that's about it. I think I'm simply a victim of my own expectations though.. I was expecting to see new lighting effects and such.

*Edit* I don't actually need to install DX10 right? I assume those files would be present in DX11.

I just double-checked, and yes, it's definitely installed correctly. The launcher that was bundled with the mod comes up when I start the game, and I have DX10 selected as the renderer. All the files are in the correct folders.

I even reinstalled the game in a separate location so I could directly compare it with and without the mod. I just don't see a big difference. I notice that textures are sharper, but that's about it. I think I'm simply a victim of my own expectations though.. I was expecting to see new lighting effects and such.

*Edit* I don't actually need to install DX10 right? I assume those files would be present in DX11.

I didn't install DX10 specifically, and I'm using Windows 7.

Well, I'm not sure what you are expecting, but the textures have significantly changed and improved. The building textures on Liberty Island, for instance, look MUCH more detailed. They don't have any advanced effects, though - at least not as far as I can see.

But I'd say you can immediately see the difference no matter what.

I didn't install the NVTextures to a separate folder - I just replaced the existing ones. Not sure if that would help you, but otherwise I'm stumped as to what it can be.

Oh, and if you're serious about playing it - I highly recommend the Shifter mod - as it contains some nice gameplay additions. Most importantly, it rewards XP for appropriate actions ala Deus Ex HR. Meaning, you get more XP the more "skilled" you play.

Back
Top Bottom