Fallout 4 My weapon was eaten.

T

Toff

One of my nicely modded weapons was eaten or dissolved or turned to irradiated dust. I know not. It's even gone from earlier saves.

I has a sad. *insert sad kitten pic here*

It actually happen after switching to it and firing a single shot.
My first real bug after 50ish hours.
I'm glad I keep multiple backups just in case. In case of what I now know.

And someone tell Catmeat she cannot take up 90 percent of the bed. Scoot over!

And someone tell Catmeat she cannot take up 90 percent of the bed. Scoot over!

This is not a bug. This is normal feline behavior :)

My first real bug after 50ish hours.
Get real, it's an irrelevant bug in this game.
Any weapon can be upgraded any way you want. You lost the one you like the most? Big deal, pick another of the same type you stored in your "base of operations" workshop and upgrade it.

Unless you don't hoard stuff. If you don't hoard stuff… Tough luck.
Either start hoarding now or do it on your next replay.

Even if it's the case you lost a weapon looted from legendaries with some special "addon" like no_reload or wounding, you'll find more such weapons by just doing SIDEquests. Side. Not main. Side.
What was the weapon anyway? Please describe it.

Your first real bug after 50 hours? :thinking:

You must be one of the lucky ones. I've experienced a significant amount of bugs in this game. Nothing game breaking, but enough to be quite annoying at times.

I never experienced a single bug in F3, FNV, Skyrim or Oblivion. Its to bad my luck doesn't extend so well to the stock market.

You should switch your drugs to something that makes you mellow joxer.
Eh?
You must be one of the lucky ones. I've experienced a significant amount of bugs in this game. Nothing game breaking, but enough to be quite annoying at times.
The game has it's fair share of bugs, but compared to it's predecessors it's like 20 times less of bugs. What's even better, new quest approach (several options to start a quest) and crafting mechanics (ability to craft just anything) renders most of broken stuff as irrelevant. Annyoing a bit, sure, but so annoying to hate it, nah.
Usually, when a game is not bug-o-rama I'd make a list on official forum or steam forum, but I believe others are already making one so wouldn't be any point of doing it myself. All I can do here is to share how to bypass certain bugs - if I found a way to. That way will always exclude any 3rd party mods.
I never experienced a single bug in F3, FNV, Skyrim or Oblivion.
You're the first person who says FO3 never crashed to desktop, who solved all possible quests as in your FNV none were broken and who never had elder scrolls stuck in inventory nor saw dancing corpses and chainsaw sound books in Skyrim.

You're the first person who says FO3 never crashed to desktop, who solved all possible quests as in your FNV none were broken and who never had elder scrolls stuck in inventory nor saw dancing corpses and chainsaw sound books in Skyrim.

Yup, Never had any of that happen. Course I played them on your favorite platform, the Xbox 360.

Not.A.Single.Bug.

Overall I have been one of the lucky ones as well. Skyrim I had minor bugs here and there but only ever found one quest bug that completely broke the quest and had to use the console to fix it, and that's with 2600+ hours played. That being said I know it has a lot of them and I have just been lucky to avoid them. Possibly because I am methodical and don't experiment too much.

So far with FO4 I have had only one bug, that I know of (of course there could be many bugs I have had but don't know I had ... same for Skyrim ... as perhaps some quest didn't kick off but I would never know about it ... or some mod stat isn't being applied but I don't notice it). Had to do with Dogmeat. Can't describe as it is a spoiler but at one point he becomes a quest follower, versus just a companion, and when it was done I couldn't get him to follow even though he was on follow. I had to use the PRID reference and MOVETO PLAYER to get him inside some place and after that it worked itself out and he has been fine ever since. Was like he just got stuck in one spot.

I am also very curious about what Joxer wrote in another thread with dogmeat being able to sniff out Synths. How do you know he is sniffing one out? Be cool if he could give you a heads up. One more reason to have him along.

I've not had any crashes or anything either. The only thing that does happen to me occasionally is when I kill someone they go into orbit before gravity suddenly remembers them :D

I do sometimes get weapons or armor unequipped for various reasons…I'm enjoying the quest series that revolves around a comic book character. It is really funny when my dude tries to speak in "superhero" language. He sounds like an utter dork :biggrin:

The writing is just so much better this time around. It's no Witcher 3, but for Bethesda this is amazing.

I am also very curious about what Joxer wrote in another thread with dogmeat being able to sniff out Synths. How do you know he is sniffing one out? Be cool if he could give you a heads up. One more reason to have him along.
It was this random encounter.
1002337.png

I didn't attack any of them two (it's Art from Bunker Hill, at least that's where I saw him prior to finding him fighting the "clone" elsewhere) but dogmeat who was with me automatically attacked the synth without any interaction from me. How do I know it was synth? When he was dead in his inventory was synth part.

Since I'm shuffling my sidekicks (maxed relationship with 8 of them and got their perks, currently running with Valentine which leaves vault 81 robot and supermutant), I can't say more. Wait a few days till I grab the perk from these three I still haven't, then I'll switch to dogmeat completely and revisit all my settlements.

I'm still using the same weapon I've had since level 15 or so, a battleaxe, but if I lost it somehow I'm pretty sure I could still pwn anything in sight with a twig or something. Once you figure out the combat nuances, 99% of the fights are fairly trivial, at most possibly requiring some kiting now and then.

Thanks Joxer and cute comic :)

Dogmeat was way ahead of me as he was acting in the capacity of a quest companion, not the regular follower, when I stumbled across Art and Art so he couldn't help me - he was to far ahead.

I had high enough charisma that I as able to talk the guy with the gun down. When he dropped his weapon the synth pulled out a gun and started shooting.

I admit I dislike all the synths I have met so far except Valentine. And possibly that one other but not sure if you have gotten that far so won't spoil it.

Bugs? You bet. Sometimes the game stops writing to a third of the screen, it reduces resolution and a third of the screen goes black. Requires full game restart. Lots of dead enemies disappearing. I've had that problem with all Beth FO and ES games.

Last edited:
Ya the axe is named Grognak or something like that. It is a pure beast mode weapon. I have a sword I just picked up a few levels ago also that I use, it's called some tooth thingie.

Back
Top Bottom