Skyrim - Language Clarification

Garrett

Watchdog
BethSoft's Pete Hines let us know, that "...You have the ability to change the language for your game on Steam. So if you buy the German version, you can still play the game in English if you want to."
We put that question to him as it was unclear if you can do that or are forced to play a localized version...
More information.

Thanks, that was mandatory for me as I'll never play a game with French voice other ever again (no good translators and no good actors in France ? wtf).

Finally another good news indeed ^^ altough this time I'll play it entirely in English (sorry but I don't trust Italian translation, I was shocked by how awful was the Oblivion one).

My favorite "translation" snafu was Two Worlds. The decision to make the English version in old-English was so bad it was good :) I expected King James to pop out at any moment!

I remember articles of German gaming sites ranting on the bad translation quality of TES games - I think Oblivion was it. http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc/rollenspiel/1460420/elder_scrolls_4_oblivion.html
(This article lists a few examples.)

Yeah well right back at you because the German RPGs usually have pretty crappy English translations.

At any rate, it would be nice if they allow for the dialog subtitles to be a different language than the audio so that non-English speakers won't be forced to listen to sub-par dialog but can still play the game.

For some reason English->German and German->English localizations have been bad enough recently that they're reminding me of how bad Japanese->English localizations were back in the day.

But where i can find his reply with the solution of this issue?

Back
Top Bottom