Ultima VI Project - v1.1 Final Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Archon sent over this press release for the final release of the v1.1 update for their Ultima 6 Project:
It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of the 1.1 Final Release of Team Archon's Ultima 6 Project (U6P), for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). U6P features an open and varied world for you to explore with dungeons, caves, islands and towns for you to discover; a non-linear plot line with many, many quests; ships you can sail and navigate across Britannia’s oceans; a second world to discover; both a “virtuous” and an “evil” plot line, and much, much more.
With this release we are also making available PDF Map Books containing high-resolution versions of the following:
· Copies of the in-game dungeon and Britannia town maps
· Maps of the Gargoyle lands and dungeons
· The in-game World Map, with both a spoiler and non-spoiler version. The spoiler version has islands that are not shown on the in-game map.
PDF-Map-Books.jpg

Some things to look forward to in this release:
· Both English and French versions
o A German version is in the works, but is not yet ready
o A localization pack is available for those who would like to translate the game into another language
· Brand-new Moongate subsystem that now scales - things don't break later in the game any more
· Generally better performance - major optimization of various components and special effects
· Many quest improvements
· Many dozens of bug-fixes
· Interesting new places to explore
Wreckers-Island.jpg

· Far more accurate world map coordinates
· Huge enhancements to the dungeon map system - new "helper" pins and better maps to make our immense dungeons easier to navigate - or optionally, just as hard as before if you disable the helper pins (you can see samples of the new maps in the picture below)
MapCollageDragon.jpg

· It should be noted that anyone using a previous version will have to uninstall it prior to installing the 1.1 Final Release and start a new game,

<span>If you find problems with the release, want to exchange play hints with other players, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, join us at our forums. We have set u...More information.

Awesome. I never finished the first release, going to have to fire this back up sometime soon. The dungeons were the most frustrating part to me, specifically the mapping, so I'm looking forward to the new maps.

... 1.2 for me, then ...

Awesome. I hope these guys stick together in some form to mod another game. Ultima 4 in Creation engine? =D

That isn't going to happen. I know some were interested in U7, but that was with a different group and a different engine. I think DS has run its course as far as new development goes.

Back
Top Bottom