Firefox is worse literally every update

What I'm worried for is that Corwin will be vulnerable to a plethora of unpatched Webkit exploits, and other such browser vulnerabilities. He really should consider upgrading.

I use Chrome on my Alienware. Super fast, efficient, works great!

On my older laptop I use Pale Moon. It seems to be the only option that is actually stable on that rig (Firefox and Chrome crash often, etc.)

Pretty happy with Pale Moon, though. Both Chrome and Pale Moon are quite good.

Corwin survived the two World Wars and even the War of the Worlds.
A few computer viruses don't scare him a bit.

Besides, just as important, he lives in Australia.

BTW. At work we recently upgraded IE from ver. 8 to 10. The reason that it took so long, and that we're using IE at all is that we (a group of hospitals) use a lot of highly specialized systems, many of them depending on web browsers and some of them have very specific needs. Updating those system sometimes take a lot iof time, as do replacing them (If we want to do that).

We recently also got chrome on our PCs, mainly for surfing the internet. Using it inside the organization is not recommended.

pibbur who ponders if he should spend the upcoming weekend developing his own AAA web browser.

What I don't like about Chrome and the reason I stopped using it is the way it renders fonts. A bit more than two years ago they started to get really thin and ugly, so much it made my eyes squint. They promised an update soon but it didn't come until last August, when they finally introducted DirectWrite to Chrome. Still I don't like their implementation of it, it's now too bold and doesn't look good.

To me Firefox and its derivatives are the last stand, IE has those ugly bold fonts as well, and Opera is now based on Chrome.

There is also Maxthon which I use now and then which has some interesting features though it lacks some functions I want.

I'm still using Opera 12. It still renders 19 out of 20 sites correctly. For the others I use FF.

I just hate the new UI of Firefox. I need to get something else.

Sad that Opera doesn't use its Opera engine anymore ...

I'm too much used to the old one.

The new one doesn't show me thread/discussion/web page titles anymore, and the status bar is gone, too.

The new one doesn't show me thread/discussion/web page titles anymore, and the status bar is gone, too.
It does show the page titles to me. You need to have it enabled though via customization (left bottom button named 'Title Bar' in the customization window).
And you can get the status bar back with the Status-4-evar add-on.

I'm getting disappointed by Pale Moon at this point, because the volume of YouTube videos drops to less than half shortly after installation, and nothing works to bring it back. I have to play back my Youtube podcasts in a separate Chromium section.

Back
Top Bottom