What games are you playing now?

Picked up Warcraft III Battle Chest yesterday on sale for $14.99.
Even though I was a slave to WoW for a couple of years, I never played Warcraft 3, not a big RTSer.
But hopefully there is enough RPG in it to carry me through like the Spellforce games which I enjoyed did.
Plus it will be interesting to see Azeroth in the early days.

I just got a new Macbook Pro, and put Win7 on (was getting tired of running both a Macbook Pro and Alienware ... ), and so now I'm playing Fable III. It isn't too bad early on, but very much a Fable game, limited choices and all.

Also started Sims Medieval on the Mac side (already played PC), and was reminded at how annoying the no-save early on was ...

Gave in to my urge to buy Ultima Underworld pack from GOG over the weekend. Started with UW1. The graphics are terrible (though in the mid 90s with 12" monitors they looked good) - perhaps I will try it in window mode rather than full screen. Not sure if that would hurt the "suspension of disbelief". The impact of the graphics being bad is when you are searching - it's easy to miss something.

On level 1 - met the gray goblins (?), killed a few spiders, ran from the monster in the deep (never liked swimming) and generally learning how to use the control system. Very different from WASD type worlds but getting there. Had to look up the jump command but other than that not used the manual.

It's also a world of few resources. I messed up with the torches - went to sleep with them on - so using candles as a light source. My gear is degrading - needs repairing. Food supplies are ok. I suppose I am enjoying it.

(As always I have an Alpha Centauri game running - usually play the Greens though sometimes it's the dictator or the scientist. Once I get to the point that victory is 90%+ certain then restart).

I recently played through Fable 3. Decent game, but I prefer Fable 1 and 2 over 3. In other words: No point in even looking at Fable 3 unless you like the previous ones.

Currently replaying Battle Realms including the add-on. Quite a cool strategy game, a bit underrated in my opinion.

I'll probably do a quick replay of Jade Empire next while waiting for Dungeon Siege 3.

I am ALMOST done with Storm of Zehir. Must have spent over 24 hours figuring out what to craft and allocating limited resources - and then running around to buy the best pre-made goodies and crafting components before the final assault.

Literally spent millions of gold. My trading centers and caravans are a goldmine. I optimized the use of all my precious gems for maximum benefit. I now have so much loot and crafted items, 3 bags of holding aren't enough. ;)

Found a bug with a mod (Kaedrin's PrC) that make boots of striding do massive damage to my evil characters. Talk about painful boots! Where's the moleskin? ;)

(As always I have an Alpha Centauri game running - usually play the Greens though sometimes it's the dictator or the scientist. Once I get to the point that victory is 90%+ certain then restart).

I did get Alpha Centauri, one of my favorite games. If you are interested, the GoG version does accept Alien Crossfire to be installed on top of it.

I didn't get Ultima Underworld, but I do hope that GoG eventually offers U7.

Really loving MoW. Fantastic world design (setting, graphics, lore), great NPCs, challenging encounters, great story, lots of atmosphere, lots of creative quests, excellent voice acting (though limited), great music, fun exploration, nice and challenging balance.

Kudos to Ossian Studios!

Got bored of WoW (nothing to do), so decided to pick up Dynasty Warriors 7. Don't like it too much. All characters look so prissy and hating voice acting. I prefered DW5 =\

So bored these days, no decent games to play. Maybe burnt out a bit? >.> Waiting for ME3 and also some suprise awesome game to be released soon.

Those who visited the "Last Finished" thread recently might know I am playing the Ace Attorney series. The fifth one is somewhat different than the former in which you play a prosecutor instead of the lawyer. This makes the game into a detective game and as a such it have a very interesting gameplay mechanic; logic.

As you play the game you learn facts and ever once in awhile you can combine facts you learnt to produce new facts, such as;
Revolver 1 bullet missing
+ 2 bullet holes
= There must be second gun.

Combined with convincing and interrogating people by spotting contradictions in their statements and pressuring them on more information, and you have a game with very different content than the run-of-the-mill actiongames out there.

The Chosen: Well of Souls, bought cheaply a while back on Gamersgate. Reviewed on this site here.

Decent little ARPG. Started with a mage, hit severe monetary constraints very quickly and switched to an archer (who now sports a massive machine gun), never looked back. As a completist I have had to kill all monsters on each level (there are no respawns and a little counter tells you how many are still alive) which has led to frustrating hunts through the bushes in the jungle levels. Almost done with this one, on the last or last but one level (I think).

I'm having a blast playing Alice: Madness Returns. I'm a little confused about some of the extra content though. I've finished chapter one and collected all the hidden stuff which, according to the manual, is supposed to unlock bonus content like concept artwork and stuff. So far it hasn't unlocked anything, even though the bonus items are clearly grouped by chapter.

Found out that the game DVD adventure called "Testament of sin" looks absolutely *empty* on the Plextor PX-800A on my gaming PC.

On my "office-PC" with a different drive everything's just there.

I'm baffled.

@Jabberwocky - I saw Alice on the shelf, I have high hopes for that game!

In the last 25% or so of Witcher2, determined to finish the job before I play another game. I certainly dont feel the emotional connection w/ this game that I did w/ the first one. I felt that the first Witcher was more of a personal experience, that's part of what I liked so much about it. I felt way more for the characters and what was happening. When the Lady of the Lake knighted me in part 1, I was totally moved by the experience. No similar events have taken place in 2.

Last edited:
So ... Duke Nukem Forever .... so, so disappointing ...

@ xSamhainX - I'm still holding off on playing TW2 in hopes they fix the 3D... but yeah, I've been staying occupied with The First Templar and now Alice. Man, Alice is a really really cool game. I don't know how it can be so understated and so over the top at the same time. What I mean is, it's such a simple game at its core. As an example, the music during gameplay almost isn't music it's so simple... but it works. I honestly wasn't expecting combat to be as challenging as it is. At the same time it is so over the top in art style. Must have been a lot of people on crack making this stuff up. But that's what makes it so definitively Alice in Wonderland. Menu layout is strange, and there can be some camera problems when locked onto targets during combat, but it's definitely worth picking up if you are a fan of steampunk goth... or platforming, 3rd person combat, or American Magee.

The first Alice was legendary dark pyschedelia action game, loved that game. Did you play that one too? If not, you should go back and play it after this.

It's graphically aged of course, but it's still a fantastic game!

Back
Top Bottom