What games are you playing now?

Just started Mass Effect 2. I'm only on the 2nd mission right now, but so far it seems like a big step backwards from ME1 in almost every way. Please tell me it gets better…

Unfortunately, no it doesn't.

During the Steam summer sale I (couldn't resist the temptation) bought HoMM 6.
I'm onto singleplayer campaigns, of course, so far I can say this game is great. It really meets my taste in several aspects.
Is it better than HoMM 3 would be unfair to say - the game is very different now. Is it better than HoMM 4 don't even ask, no game can be worse than it. Is it better than HoMM 5, it actually is, in HoMM 5 some campaign scenarios were so annoying, so far in HoMM 6 I can't say any map is repetitive or boring.
I miss elves though, in HoMM 6 there is no elven race. Dark elves are also out. But Barbarians that were introduced in HoMM 5 add-on are here and a completely new mobs under "sanctuary" faction.
The "conflux" idea is nice but is not something you desperately need. It's commonly used to exchange tips and hints on the map you're currently playing. However conflux orbs are not cleverly placed on all maps. On a certain map you find one at the spot where you're just about to kill the final boss.

Just started Mass Effect 2. I'm only on the 2nd mission right now, but so far it seems like a big step backwards from ME1 in almost every way. Please tell me it gets better…
I disliked ME2 because they removed Mako and the new scanner minigame to collect resources was… Um… Crap. They "improved" that in ME3 though, but still didn't return Mako.
The rest of things… Hell I can't say it's a step backward, I enjoyed ME2 very much. It's hard not to enjoy a game where killed mobs in an area do not respawn when you return (unless reinforcements come as a scenario break, but even those won't respawn once you kill 'em).

I disliked ME2 because they removed Mako and the new scanner minigame to collect resources was… Um… Crap. They "improved" that in ME3 though, but still didn't return Mako.

I hated the Mako. Not the concept of the Mako, but the way it was used. The scanning mini-game was silly as well, but at least it was not as frustrating as getting stuck with the Mako.

The rest of things… Hell I can't say it's a step backward, I enjoyed ME2 very much. It's hard not to enjoy a game where killed mobs in an area do not respawn when you return (unless reinforcements come as a scenario break, but even those won't respawn once you kill 'em).

ME1 didn't have respawning either. As far as ME1 vs ME2 though, I definitely think there were more negative changes than positive ones in the sequel. Especially regarding character customization and party control. I also particularly dislike the Call of Duty style auto-healing.

I hated the Mako. Not the concept of the Mako, but the way it was used. The scanning mini-game was silly as well, but at least it was not as frustrating as getting stuck with the Mako.

It wasn't the Mako that was the problem, it was the way they designed some of the planets. Whoever decided that it was a good idea to cover the explorable areas entirely with mountains was an idiot.

Last edited:
I think some things were done worse in ME2 but also some things were done better.

I hated Mako and was glad it was gone, but I'd prefer Mako over silly planet scanning garbage. Also hated too predictable combat in ME2 and story was definitely crap compared to ME1.

But on the other hand, I preferred inventory management in ME2 and also there is vast improvement on NPCs including your squad members. I just loved The Illusive Man and most of my squad members (especially Garrus and Mordin). And I felt the improvement in cinematic really helped me enjoy this game. If PS:T felt like interactive novel, ME2 felt like interactive movie!

Playing Divine Divinity.

Tried my hand at it years ago, but got bored with it somewhere during the first dungeon. Recently restarted it and find myself liking it a lot. I'm wandering the Ferol farmlands at the moment, heading for Rivertown.

Playing Saints Row: The Third (blind Steam Summer sales). I also have a Crusader King II game going (something else I bought during the Steam sales).

I got another good 5 games installed in my PC though, but the two above are my "main".

Swords and Sóldiers, singleplayer campaign.

I like the game's humour, colourfulness, humor and everything. ;)

You can play the singleplayer campaiugn "as it is", no disc check, no copy protection, nothing, seemingly ...

But for Multiplayer you need a Steam account.

So far I like it very much. It is exactly the amount of fun I had expected it to be. ;)

LOL
its pretty fun, easy to learn but hard to master.
This game ranks up there with Diablo 2 and the original CIV for me. Yes, its that good!You love military browser games? perfect, I have a new strategy browser game total domination for you. it is also available on Facebook.

Last edited:
Yes, I tend to agree. Going through the first campaign was relatively easy, but now I'm stuck at its last mission.
And there are still 2 more campaigns to come ...

I am playing Ninjawaz, in its newly launched server 2 “Akatsuki” by Lekool; it’s a great chance of winning online rewards.

I spend most of my time with Diablo 3. I have a character of each class between level 16-30. When not playing I do frequent visits to the Auction House in order to get more money and improve my items. I really enjoy the game as it definitely improved what I found to be the weakness in the first games, especially when it comes to fleshing out the world. I cannot remember D1 or D2 having sidequests at the same rate that seemingly spawn randomly in D3. On replays I almost always encounter something I haven't seen before, a new piece of lore, a new NPC out in the wilderness with some quest to do.

D3 is also by comparison a hardcore game. To play effectively you need to understand it's mechanics and exploit them to your advantage. Not understanding the system equals death. There are some handholding but relying on this handholding will ultimately hold you back since you are better off optimizing your character based on your own style.

My five classes feel distinct. The Wizard is the master of areaattacks and the most powerful of my characters, the one that relies on killing the foes before they even get close, I do enjoy the teleport however if things go bad.
The Demon Hunter have weaker ranged attacks than the Wizard but is at the same time blazingly fast making her a much more active character, the same with Barbarian that depends on you being constantly aware and active in knowing what you do. These two are definitely for the actiongamers who enjoy a more direct control of their characters and really feel they are stacking upp kills.
The monk do not deal as much damage but they have awesome mobility and the least likely to die if designed correctly. Playing a monk feels like playing a slow wave of death, fluid in its motion and unstoppable. Coop abilities is a plus, such as active buffs for your party and heals.
The Witch Doctor is the weird kid, not relying on attacks but summoning creatures instead. This makes the WD a complete opposite to the Demon Hunter and Barbarian since you do not engage the foes and spend more time focusing on where your summonings are than yourself. When helping a friend levelup the WD is the laziest class since you do not need to do anything more than follow your friend and let your army do all the work.

I've decided to give Dragon Age Origins another try. I had played this game to level 20 and just got fed up with the pouty party members. I was hoping for a mod that would allow you to create all members, but alas one was never made. If anyone has mod suggestions, I'm all ears. I'll probably get a mod that negates having to coddle the NPC's. I'll also grab one that allows npc respec.

How about solo challenge then? :lol:

Good luck. I seemed to not be able to get past Orzamma or Brecillian forest in my replay attempt.

I installed Soulvizier Mod for Titan quest.
here is full feature list http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/40582-WIP-Soulvizier-Mod

It's build upon underlord it uses skill tree and content for it and builds upon it.I finished Act 1 on epic difficulty(normal was completed with underlord)and so far I am impressed.All features fit in game nicely and they feel like normal part of game.
One thing that made in install this mod in first place is that as author said he changed every monster "by hand" and not using hp/dmg % incising formula.Mod is still in beta(0.75 current version) but so only encountered few minor bugs and I didn't have troubles with my saves from underlord.I highly recommend this mod I might go as far and say this is what TQ should have been from start(and might with fewer publisher restrictions and more post release support).

I play all kinds of games that i like to play! Just bacause i have a game site. So i always play game!
Such as:
Bust-N-Rush
Worms Revolution
FairyLand 2

I installed Soulvizier Mod for Titan quest.
here is full feature list http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/40582-WIP-Soulvizier-Mod

It's build upon underlord it uses skill tree and content for it and builds upon it.I finished Act 1 on epic difficulty(normal was completed with underlord)and so far I am impressed.All features fit in game nicely and they feel like normal part of game.
One thing that made in install this mod in first place is that as author said he changed every monster "by hand" and not using hp/dmg % incising formula.Mod is still in beta(0.75 current version) but so only encountered few minor bugs and I didn't have troubles with my saves from underlord.I highly recommend this mod I might go as far and say this is what TQ should have been from start(and might with fewer publisher restrictions and more post release support).

Nameless, you mention an underlord in this post. What is that? Titan Quest and Immortal Throne I'm aware of, but I've never heard of underlord. Is that another mod that you need for this mod? I don't like consistently hard battles. I prefer quick combat with the challenge coming mostly from bosses.

Nameless, you mention an underlord in this post. What is that? Titan Quest and Immortal Throne I'm aware of, but I've never heard of underlord. Is that another mod that you need for this mod? I don't like consistently hard battles. I prefer quick combat with the challenge coming mostly from bosses.

Underlord is major rebalance mod and it's not needed for this mod.Neither of this mod make game hard consistently game is still fast and fluid as before,entire wave of trash mobs can be cleared with 1-2 AoE mostly but they will require tactics when in lager groups and when hero/elite mob is with them.But there are lot more hero mobs(not too much)and more bosses and they are lot harder than with vanila TQ so expect to die from time to time on them especially if playing solo.

I've decided to give Dragon Age Origins another try. I had played this game to level 20 and just got fed up with the pouty party members. I was hoping for a mod that would allow you to create all members, but alas one was never made. If anyone has mod suggestions, I'm all ears. I'll probably get a mod that negates having to coddle the NPC's. I'll also grab one that allows npc respec.

I don't use a mod, just the gifts DLC and buy lots of thoughtful gifts and use them to buff approval

Back
Top Bottom