ES4: Oblivion - 5th Anniversary Edition

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Celebrating the 5th anniversary of Oblivion, Bethesda has made a special edition available of the game, where the North American version is a bit more special. Here is the official announcement:
We are pleased to announce that The Elder Scrolls IV™: Oblivion® 5th Anniversary Edition is now available in retail stores across North America.
This anniversary edition is the complete collection of the original award-winning game as well as the Knights of the Nine® and Shivering Isles® expansions. With countless ‘Game of the Year’ awards and overwhelming critical praise, Oblivion still remains a defining game in the role-playing genre. Celebrate one of the most expansive next-generation titles ever to be released on the Xbox®360, PlayStation®3, and PC platforms with this definitive, limited-edition compilation.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition includes:
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: With the empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. You must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
  • Knights of the Nine: A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released.
  • Shivering Isles: Enter the torn realm of Sheogorath – a world where Mania and Dementia reign. Do you have the strength to survive his trials, to tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?
The North American 5th Anniversary Edition also includes:
  • Collector’s Steelbook: A beautiful collectible metal case masterfully embossed with Daedric symbols.
  • Making of Oblivion: A behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion.
  • Oblivion Game Map: A full-color map of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles.
  • Save on Skyrim: Contains a $10 mail-in rebate offer for the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition is available in North America for a suggested retail price of $29.99. Details on the versions that will be available in the rest of the world and their contents will be released soon. For more information on The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion please visit www.elderscrolls.com.
More information.

Details on the versions that will be available in the rest of the world and their contents will be released soon.

Cynical translation :

"You can wait until hell freezes over.
And it won't contain anything North America gets."

(Learned one week ago that for EU-based collectors Star Wars stuff is even more difficult to get, simply because things just don't go to Europe. They just don't.)

No candy outside of North America?
The answer is simple. I won't buy it.

P.S. About "Behind the scenes", please do keep it exclusive for North America, I don't think anyone would complain not getting that.

Oblivion, on the other hand, is currently being sold in the "Software Pyramide" version for 10 Euros here in Germany - but I simply refuse to buy it, because it will have the handbook on PDF, I fear, and I demand printed ones. I just don't want to switch PDF/game all of the time (and especially in the beginning I read a *lot* in the handbooks !).

It would have been nice to have that metal case 5 years ago for the collector's edition, but now? I think I'll pass, especially given all the ridiculous hoops you have to jump through to get the $10 for Skyrim back.

I was just reading German comments on the game (on a German gaming site, that of the mag Gamestar).

Almost all posters agree that there were too many bugs, and - to quote one - "a German localization that violated the Geneva Conventions".

And I fear that they won't have fixed that.

Back
Top Bottom