Gothic - All Titles 75% Off on Steam

Why is it considered "enhanced"? Did they fix the bugs?

Why is it considered "enhanced"? Did they fix the bugs?

Fixes the bugs, changed some content and improved the graphics. Google it, or even just read the Steam ad.

Anyway, I own all these in boxes already (yes, even Arcania :( ).

Heh, yeah, Von. I took a pass on Arcania, too.

Is it next week already? Jeez, I need to get my taxes done! ;)

I never played Forgotten Gods, is it worth picking up the Enhanced Edition and giving it a go? I believe the original version suffered mostly due to bugs and lagging both should be fixed now I guess?

Daniel.

Is Forsaken Gods an add on or a stand alone? In other words, do you have to have Gothic 3 or is it a separate game?

I believe it's a standalone.
Does anyone know if the expansion for Arcania will see the light of day? I ask because I may go for it if there's an expansion on the way.

I was quick to dismiss Forsaken Gods but the fact that people actually bothered to make a patch for it changed my mind.
The changelog could be better better organized, but this one seems interesting:
+ New basis for the combat system is the one from Gothic 3 with CP 1.74 and "Alternative Balancing" and "New AI" switched on.

Now I bought them all except Arcania. Having both English and German versions is just too convenient.

Somehow, I find myself strangely fascinated by Forsaken Gods and can't wait to try it out, with it being an Indian game and all.

Last edited:
Is Forsaken Gods an add on or a stand alone? In other words, do you have to have Gothic 3 or is it a separate game?

Seems to be stand alone because STEAM didn't warn me before purchase. Other titles that require the base game, STEAM gives a clear warning before checking out. $2.50 is a great price, imo, because of the many hours of work they did on the enhanced edition.

Great news, thanks for the heads-up. Repurchased Gothic 1-3 and finally bought Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods!!

I didn't have Forsaken Gods or Arcania so I went ahead and bought the entire pack - it was only a few dollars more than both of those together.

I did notice that Steam was slower downloading than I have ever experienced, but I am guessing they are having high demand for Crysis 2 which was released yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom